PDA

View Full Version : Almost, just about...but...maybe

Gussy
04-21-2008, 04:52 PM
I heard from a fellow shooter about a print shop that wanted to sell some tin. Well, not wanting to let anything slip by, I gave them a call.

Ever ask a woman secretary about tin?? When I said a bullet caster told me about some casting metal and I wanted to know if it was still available. Ever get a "what the sh**t are you talking about" answer?? WHAT are you calling here for?????

I explained to the unwashed exactly what I was talking about and THEN said it was metal used in the printing process. After she realized that she was working for a print shop and maybe I wasn't crazy she said she'd transfer me to mr X. He wasn't there.

He called back later and I explained where I had heard about it and asked if it was still available. Well, yes, no, maybe, but I haven't checked to see what is worth and I'm not ready to sell it all yet anyway.

From his guess, he has 50 lbs of tin, 500 or so of lino. I have my name and number there and I hope he doesn't lose it before he wants to sell it.

Alchemist
04-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Just hope he doesn't do his price check on evil-bay!

Hope your score (almost...just about...but...maybe) comes to fruition. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Gussy. :drinks:

I'm thinking I should go back to the print shop where I just scored 400 lbs of lino a month ago and buy all he has left. :mrgreen: I just finished trying it out and it casts great! I was hesitant to buy it all until I had a chance to see how the boolits turned out. [smilie=1: The guy wanted to know if I wanted to buy a Linotype machine...can they be converted to boolit casting machines??? :roll:

Alchemist

TAWILDCATT
04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
I used to rebuild them but many yrs ago they do have a 90lb pot so you could use that.that would be an interesting project.:coffee:[smilie=1::Fire: