PDA

View Full Version : Back at it after a year and a half!

drklynoon
01-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Folks, I am finally back to the range and the loading bench. It is kind of funny because it hadn't seemed that long until I realized our range membership lapsed almost two years ago. I used the life gets busy excuse during this time. It has certainly been busy but I came to the conclusion that if I didn't make the time then I would never have the time. During the break, I finished a master's degree, bought a house, and started a new career. Things have not slowed down but time can be found. For those of you in the same boat, I recommend choosing a gun and get hot about refining your skills with it. This has allowed me to focus and has reduced the overhead time of cleaned 5 guns and reloading/ casting for them. For me I am finally going to get serious with my 1911. During this hiatus, I have collected several rifles and it is hard not to grab them all up when I go to the range but overloading is what caused the hiatus in the first place.

Things have certainly changed around here. There are a lot of new "faces" and some of the familiar names appear absent. I'm intrigued by the new powder coating methods and have given it a try, I'll be posting some of that in the right spot later. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to our continued education on cast boolits.

Have an awesome night and a great week

Nathan

JSnover
01-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Welcome back and share the wealth if you can. By that I mean take someone with you. My neighbor found out I have guns and now wants me to take her to the range. If nothing else, I'll have someone to help carry my gear.

drklynoon
01-11-2016, 10:49 PM
LOl, I have had a few inquiries to go to the range by student vets at the school I work for. I have been hesitant because if something goes wrong I'm going to be held liable by the school. I usually just drag my dad out there so he can out shoot me.

MrWolf
01-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Congrats on the Masters degree and welcome back. I got my Masters back in 2008 and it does require all your attention. Glad to see you get to enjoy yourself again.

drklynoon
01-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Thank you Mr. Wolf. It felt like getting my BA and then MPA took longer than it did but I got a lot out of the programs and now I get to help other adults and vets to gain access to higher education. I am truly blessed.

Iowa Fox
01-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Best of luck to you Nathan. My sons have gotten busy with life. Now I'm retired and hope things slow down for them so I can tag along with them again.

drklynoon
01-13-2016, 07:55 PM
I try and spend as much time with Dad as possible. We get along great so it is just a matter of not getting caught up in work all the time. I am glad to be back and can't wait to try out some of these new (to me) processes and procedures.