PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night thoughts...

tinhorn97062
01-03-2016, 02:19 AM
I've been reading a few posts from people needing prayer, as well as the encouraging words left by others. In my musings, it seemed good to just encourage everybody with a few things.

Not a single one of us is immune to troubles in this life. Jesus said that in this world there will be troubles, but to be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. I've been in some sticky situations in my life, and have found that the Lord is absolutely faithful to uphold His Word. The Word of the Lord is forever settled in Heaven, Psalm 118:89 says, and verse 90 says that His faithfulness is unto all generations. So with that thought in mind, I encourage those who are in a sticky situation to search the scriptures and get ahold of the promises of God for your life. If you're having a tough time doing that, put a call out for help. There's many members of Cast Boolits who are studiers of the Word and I'm sure help will arrive within the hour. When you pray, bring these promises before the Lord. Jesus said to knock and the door would be opened. Knock on that door with fervency, just as James instructed. He wrote that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

And to those who are in a position of strength, I'd like to encourage you to keep bearing the burdens of those who are feeing weary. Don't get weary in your well doing, because there's a great reward waiting at the end. Paul wrote to the Galatians that we are to bear the burdens of our brethren in Christ, and extend a hand to those who are down. Pray for them. Encourage them with the Word of God. When one suffers, we all do, and when one rejoices, we all rejoice.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a bit of my heart and encourage folks to press on in Christ. I just wanted to take a moment and encourage those struggling, and let you know you're not alone.

I hope everybody's able to make it to church in the morning. Enjoy the service and let's all look forward to a great week ahead of us.

Bzcraig
01-03-2016, 03:05 AM
Good stuff tinhorn! Those simple truths we need to be reminded often.

Blackwater
01-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Amen, tinhorn. If we never encountered problems and challenges, we'd be one sorry lot! It seems that, maybe particularly these days and times, if we don't get challenged, we'd just sit and waste away in our easy chairs, and that's an awful waste of the lives that God gave us! When we get challenged, we DO stuff that we don't actually LIKE doing because we HAVE to. I've come to think of problems as God's way of giving us a good kick in the rear to get us kick-started. Never felt they were "loving" kicks in the past, but they were. I just didn't realize it at the time.

Great post. And very, very true.

Boaz
01-03-2016, 11:41 PM
A good post . Pray fervently as our bible says . Love thy neighbor as thy self and you will not go wrong .

shoot-n-lead
01-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Great post! And, absolutely true.