PDA

View Full Version : Any women here?

nvbirdman
04-20-2008, 12:23 AM
I was wondering if we have any women here that cast or is it just a "guy thing".:redneck:

runfiverun
04-20-2008, 12:27 PM
my wife reads the forum pretty often
but she can only run the master-caster and the starrs
she don't do the hands on stuff yet, bet it will change when that mold for her rifle gets here.

kjg
04-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I think ladies would enjoy our hobby as well as we do providing they get our encouagement, they are as well as our childern are our future of our sport, my daughter enjoys casting with me, shooting , and reloading , shelearned how to add subtreact multiply and divide, buy reloading and casting with me , my wife just likes to cast, and burn up ammo, real funny thing is she's sweat on AR's oh well, get this she just bought for our 15 years wedding anniversery, to mounts and pistol scopes to mount our mosins. I don't know what to get her! any suggestions girls. kjg

mooman76
04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
I know I've seen a few report in here but eithey they don't frenquent the board as much, they just read and don't reply so much or we just don't realize they are ladies. But like kjg said they are the future of our sport and now adays we need all the support, especially women. Alot of the anti's I figure are just uneducated in the shooting sports!

Ricochet
04-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Don't let Molly fool you. :mrgreen:

James C. Snodgrass
04-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I tell ya fellas if my daghter who like (klg's) learns everything about shootin figures out ( my shootin sites) I'll never get to get on the dang computer. Lets be careful what we wish for. James[smilie=1:

HeavyMetal
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Trust me teaching kids math with reloading is better than what I did.

Seems the kids were having a little trouble adding, 2 girls and a boy, got out a deck of cards. wife found us playing blackjack instead of watching cartoons!

As long as they don't have to add past 21 thier still pretty good at it!

Bret4207
04-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Many, many moons ago we had a nice lady and her husband who posted here or on Aimoo, don't recall their names. They left after "the boys" decided they didn't like having a girl around. I was quite disgusted over the whole thing. Funny bit is the guys who created the ruckus all ended up leaving later.

Scrounger
04-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I remember that, but a bit differently. They were with us for a very short time and made very few posts. And those seemed to be about their excuse for a dog French Poodle. He was typing but her lips were moving, no question who wore the pants in that family. I don't believe he was a caster. She did get upset after someone posted a joke or ribald comment, the likes of which we see every day here. It was hardly a ruckus, but the poster has since moved on, as has the offended couple. Not defending anyone (I don't remember who the poster was) but I'd bet the poster contributed more to the site than Mr. Milquetoast.

Lloyd Smale
04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
i wish you guys could get my old lady interested. hell if i could get her to cast it would about double the time id have to shoot.

Uncle R.
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
i wish you guys could get my old lady interested. hell if i could get her to cast it would about double the time id have to shoot.

My Old Lady HATES it when I refer to her as "My Old Lady" - so it's just as well that she doesn't hang out on this board. What with all of the lawn tools (not to mention the stacks of lead & alloy) there ain't enough room for sleeping in the backyard shed.

:roll:

Uncle R.

onceabull
04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I believe that at one time we had a for profit business lady caster posting on occasion..Best I can recall she moved from Paradise,CA,to leave that area to the druggie invaders,and went somewhere in Tx. Haven't heard/seen anything from her in quite some time--probably another casualty of the price escalation in raw material... Onceabull

onceabull
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Scrounger sez:"--but I'd bet the poster contributed more to the site than Mr.Milquetoast ".. We talking $, B.S., or that all powerful "post count" this time..?? (I do remember what this guy called himself ) :twisted: Onceabull

Scrounger
04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't remember the "offending" poster's name but I do remember one person who didn't think they'd be missed (as I said above) was ... I can't remember his name, dang it. When he first came in, we all thought he was Blue Dot. He was a bit nettlesome but he did contribute, I think he even ran a Group Buy. He hasn't posted in several years, last we heard, he'd gotten a traveling job and was posting from various hotels. Wish I could remember his name but that's not the point. The point is, the couple who fled in anger didn't offer a thing to the board, in knowledge or entertainment. I stand by my conviction that they were not even shooters, much less casters. And their actions pretty much proved it. I seriously doubt there are any females out there who enjoy casting. There may be a few doing it because they have to, but I can't believe they enjoy it. Don't take this as a statement that I don't want any women in here, I could care less about the sexual inclination of anyone here, I am more concerned with their intelligence.
Editing: OK, I ran it down. The guy I'm thinking of is "oldfeller".

carpetman
04-21-2008, 02:23 PM
The couple with few posts, don't recall their name. She was asked about her gender and she replied with her height,weight,hair color etc and was all woman. I gave her a PM with a link to castpics and said she should post her picture---this was unique having a female caster. She came back on the board as if I had requested a full frontal nude shot. Now had she done that,it would not have offended me. But it was not even remotely hinted at. But her post on the board were very accusing of me. She never posted on the board otherwise. But she did send me PM and appologize. She quit posting on the board. Year or two later she would send me PM as to how I was doing and everything hunky dorey. Is that how hunkey dorey is spelled? Never seen it written. There was another couple and they too got highly offended by some minor thing and made big deal about their exit. They had like 3 posts---none to do with casting,shooting,ingot molds, custom mold buy,cats,sheep, or anything remotely of interest.

onceabull
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
The lady commercial caster I mentioned last post here is still registered under handle shown in title..No post here since fall of '06 and the website shown in profile is a dead link.. The move from Paradise,Ca, to Ranger,Tx, was also in '06... Let's hear from you, Amy ??? Onceabull

bc3660
04-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Im tring to get the old lady interested in casting. She quizes me on it but dont want to try it without a hazmat suit!!!

Wicky
04-21-2008, 06:02 PM
My missus just laughs at me - so do a lot of people for that matter - and thinks it is a bit sad that a bunch of people can get excited over lead. But then she watches CSI what can I say.:mrgreen:

Bret4207
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
The ones I recall were cowboy action shooters. Can't remember the handle. But I do remember that the "boys" went a bit over board. It wasn't needed.

charger 1
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Uh geez I'm goin to take a beatin here, but what the ell...Guys, we pay for this sight. Let me explain what that means to me. Answering to no one. Not even sponsors. and not having to watch what I say. Theres freedom here. Now go to any other sight and see if you find that freedom. Now bring another gender here and see if you find that freedom here *Freedom boys*. THINK ABOUT IT

45nut
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
It's about respect for our friends here, taking the time to sign up and join us in the discussions of the silver stream. Should be no difference between men or women when showing respect for friends. Freedom from answering to anyone is reserved for no mortal. I know I will answer to someone.
I do visit other forums and am constantly reminded what makes for a friendly welcoming home and what drives people elsewhere. Some forums are filled with more trash than treasure and for myself, I prefer finding jewels in my visits and not stepping in steaming piles on every turn.

We have an overwhelming majority here of just plain great folks that contribute skills, insight and more. That makes for a home that compels people to visit. That makes a successful forum.

Ricochet
04-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Well said.

charger 1
04-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Should be no difference between men or women .

SHOULD being the operative word there

PatMarlin
04-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Oldfeller... didn't he leave in a huff last year?

I seem to recal some rukus over at Accurate Reloading with Starmetal Joe, and him, and somehow I got mixed up in it.

carpetman
04-24-2008, 03:59 AM
Pat---Didnt oldfeller leave in a huff? Nah he was riding his motorcycle again.

Lead melter
04-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Seem to remember that Old Fart is a woman as well as Hungry Hunter Gal.....Bullshop even tried to get her interested in one of his sons, 'till he found she is married.

charger 1
04-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Seem to remember that Old Fart is a woman as well as Hungry Hunter Gal.....Bullshop even tried to get her interested in one of his sons, 'till he found she is married.

Old fart........female anatomy
I'm unsubscribing from this thread

PatMarlin
04-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Women aren't all that bad charger, unless of course they're going through the change like mine.. :roll:

montana_charlie
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, Rambunctious is a member here, and he lives close enough to me that we have met face-to-face. During that meeting, he introduced me to his lovely wife, Linda...a small, soft-spoken lady.
Now, Linda doesn't post here...probably isn't registered.
Guess you could say she isn't enough of a 'big talker' to get off on expounding in a forum like this.

But, she DOES cast bullets...and SHOOTS 'em.

According her old man, Rick, she can turn a hundred pounds of foundry 20:1 into .40-65 bullets faster than he can pay the shipping bill.
She uses a dipper, and her pills aren't frosted.

Are they any good, you ask? Will they hold a group, you wonder?

Rick and Linda both shot in last year's Quigley. He shoots a .45/70 Shiloh, and she shoots that Pedersoli Sharps in .40-65.

Most of the bullets used by both were cast by Linda.
Both scored in the top 100 (which is a feat in itself).
And, Linda beat Rick by about fifteen places.

Pour that down your drop tube...Pilgrim.
CM

blackthorn
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I do not post often and when I do I read and reread my post before I hit the post button. I agree fully with 45 Nut's take on this. Further, it is not only women that can have a thin skin. I have concluded there are several people posting on this board that are deeply religious and are sometimes offended by the posting of off color statements/jokes/comments. Being older than dirt I have developed a fairly thick skin when it comes to what other people say/do and I have simply learned to ignore commonts that might otherwise offend me. Religion wise I am as close to a believer as I can get but I tend to try to live my life by the Golder Rule! I try to treat all people with respect and will not knowingly give offense. This board is the absolute best that I have found. If we all try to respect each other and learn to overlook what we see to be shortcommings in others, surely we can all benifit from the vast pool of casting knowledge that exists here. I have learned that a persons gender does not matter and that except in very rare cases, everyone who takes the time to post here has something to share. Good day to all.

charger 1
04-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Women aren't all that bad charger, unless of course they're going through the change like mine.. :roll:

You aint frigin kiddin. Wanta here somethin I never thought I'd say, but I say it now regular

Oh what I'd give fer the good ol peaceful PMS days back

10-x
04-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Wimmin going through the change is like reloading blindfolded............you dont know what you are going to get!!!!!Hot to Cold in less than a second..............Sweet to "Be-atch" in less.............But 38 years is a long time............things have to get better.:drinks:

S.R.Custom
04-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Maybe we could hire some. Seems to work for Mike Dillon... [smilie=1:
Seems to me that could be something for the guys in Group Buy to coordinate...

"And this is Mandy. Notice her firm grip on the handle of that Lubri-sizer." :twisted:

Scrounger
04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Dillon has the best, EAA comes in second.

Lloyd Smale
04-26-2008, 07:35 AM
can someone talk mandy moore into comming over and working on my sizing!!
Maybe we could hire some. Seems to work for Mike Dillon... [smilie=1:
Seems to me that could be something for the guys in Group Buy to coordinate...

"And this is Mandy. Notice her firm grip on the handle of that Lubri-sizer." :twisted:

PatMarlin
04-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Wimmin going through the change is like reloading blindfolded............you dont know what you are going to get!!!!!Hot to Cold in less than a second..............Sweet to "Be-atch" in less.............But 38 years is a long time............things have to get better.:drinks:

Ain't that the truth... the Biatch part I mean.. :mrgreen:

I just got a job offer in Washington, and if stuff doesn't change I may just take it.. :roll:

felix
04-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Take it! Never pass up an opportunity. One in hand is ALWAYS mo'betta' than 2 or more in the bushes. ... felix

jackley
04-26-2008, 11:48 AM
When woman are going through that it must be Hell for them. I know it was for me!! And a question was never ask more " What did I DOOOO????"

Jerry

clintsfolly
04-26-2008, 12:28 PM
at that time in her life just say yes dear and learn to duck fast have fun clint

JIMinPHX
04-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Maybe we could hire some. Seems to work for Mike Dillon...

I met that one girl Kathy that keeps showing up in the blue press & her mom over in Dillon’s store off of Bell road once. Kathy’s actually quite a bit shorter than I would have expected, but she is every bit as cute in person as she is in the pictures. She & her mom are both nice friendly people. That was probably the most positive experience that I’ve had over at Dillon’s.

windrider919
04-27-2008, 02:32 AM
Personally I have found that if introduced properly to shooting many weman can enjoy the sport. i have tought several who enjoyed shooting and reloading. Including combat pistol. But then invarably they run into some yahoo on the range who goes out of his way to be offensive and they never come back. Think about this though when you say you want a female free environment. They vote at a rate about twice that of men and if they get mad they stay mad. And the anti gunners want ALL guns gone, not just the assault rifles. We need the wemon for balance or your grandchildren will wonder what we are talking about. By the way, I am NOT NRA anymore either, reduced my junk mail at least 75%.

twotrees
04-27-2008, 09:18 AM
She has Posted as TwoTree's wife using my account. Her Name is RedFoxy, Yes she's a Red Head !!!

She shot IPSC in Australia, and we met on line 12 years ago, when she wanted to try 38 Super over there. I had some experience and tried to help her.

We became friends. When she moved to Canada she and my first wife became friends also. When first wife died Red and I got together when she came down to spend my first Christmas alone.

Well she stayed and I have been teaching her to shoot rifle. (Yep, you guessed it she can out shoot me). We shoot both J-Word bullets and Cast. She puts up with the hours of my casting and reloading, by helping me un-load all those cases, so I have something to do with my spare time.

Also she shot an 11point buck this past season and has even hunted wild hogs , at night with lights, with me.

I got a good one, She's a "Keeper".

TwoTrees

PS: She reads the forums here and asks questions, so she is learning.

trooperdan
04-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Twotrees, great story! I also met my wife on-line about 12 years ago! She was only 120 miles away though so the commute wasn't too bad... especially when I was traveling "with the speed of desire"! ")
She wasn't a shooter but she has since joined me in GSSF competition though her main interest is four-legged, not not me, her horse! She competes in Hunter/Jumper plus working at horse shows as a braider. Who ever knew there was such a profession as hair-dresser for horses?

birdhunters
04-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Well guys I'm not redneck enough not to encourage my wife or girls not to cast and reload. My wife joins me when she has time as does the daughters and a grand daughter. Do I object? Hell no! More power to them. More time we have to spend together..How Lucky am I.

gon2shoot
04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
My wife and the oldest and youngest daughters all love to shoot.
They don't cast, but they do keep me a lot of empty brass to work with and are not above picking up a wheel weight if they see one in the parking lot.

runfiveslittlegirl
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
im a 14year old girl and I cast with my dad(runfiverun). so yes women cast lol.

Lloyd Smale
06-29-2008, 05:41 AM
I just got my but chewed by my oldest gradaughter. Shes 13. I my oldest grandson a new 243 for his 10 birthday and she proceded to chew me out for not buying her a rifle for deer hunting too. I thought i was going to get away with buying guns for the 4 grandsons now i have to deal with the 3 grandaughters too!!!

waksupi
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it, Lloyd?

9.3X62AL
06-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I avoided Lloyd's chew-out by offering the Rotten Daughters some options at the time I gave the nephews some of Grandpa's long guns. 3 of the 6 girls wanted the S&W Model 16-4 x 6", naturally. They can fight over it after they shovel dirt on my face. Same story on the Ruger 77RC in 223, all the girls love that little rifle. The youngest one backed off the Model 16 a bit, and asked about the SIG P-226. The younger step-daughter grabbed the Walther TPH, so a slow re-distribution is under way. The older step-daughter has been eyeing the Makarov a bit, as well. They all have pretty good taste in firearms, it appears--and two have given boyfriends advice inside gun shops/sporting goods stores regarding purchases. Don't EVER think that girls don't pay attention to what's going on around them.