PDA

View Full Version : I need prayer please

Bullfrog
01-01-2016, 01:14 PM
I came home from work. My wife is divorcing me. Pray that whatever happens is the Lord's will and not mans. I have noone to talk to since RJ died and I am very sad. I could use some prayer of comfort since my joy is being taken from me. She is my best friend, our child a gift, and the dog she is taking like a child to me.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-01-2016, 01:16 PM
ah man, that is a bummer.

prayin' for ya brother.

rancher1913
01-01-2016, 02:47 PM
that really sucks, prayers sent.

Preacher Jim
01-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Bullfrog don't give up The Lord has helped many marriage renew. Our whole church is praying for your marriage.

jmort
01-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Praying for you Brother. Only Prayer, Faith and Time will work here. In the end, you will prevail, it just may not look so now. Right now you are David looking at a living Goliath. You will prevail.

Half Dog
01-01-2016, 02:56 PM
Prayers are sent, now patience is needed.

tommag
01-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Prayers sent.I wish I had advice to offer.

Victor N TN
01-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Prayers sent. I've never been in that spot. I hope the Lord takes things in His hands.

Blackwater
01-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately, you're not the first to encounter this kind of thing and won't be the last, but that doesn't solve one thing about being in that position. Just know that you'll get through it, and somehow, if you play your own cards right, you'll be better for it in the end. That doesn't help remove the sadness and pain, but it beats self-pity all to pieces! And remember, you don't know what lies ahead, and it may be the best thing that could happen to you. Not as likely, but it might even be the best thing that could happen to your marriage, too, though you can't really count on that.

We humans like to think we know the future, and make all kinds of plans that never materialize or quite work out like we plan them. If we were that good at knowing what we REALLY need, we'd have a LOT easier lives than we do! Just take life as it comes, try to prepare for the eventualities that are always out there whether we like to think about them or not, and you'll come out the other end better for it all. I never realized that until I found myself looking back, and asking "Why me, Lord?" When I realized that had things gone like I planned, I never would have been the kind of guy I am now, even old dull me realized that trust in God is more than just good advice, it's a NECESSITY.

And too, remember that an "adventure" is never enjoyed while you're in the midst of it, and only many years later in the comfort of your easy chair as you remember the critical times and decisions that you made during it. Just keep the faith, follow your heart of hearts, and don't let what others think or say get in the way of following what you decide. Just go with God, and you can't go wrong in the end.

It's the times when life's the hardest that teach us the biggest lessons, and brings us the greatest gifts. Having the eyes to see it all is the only really hard part.

Prayers sent your way. You'll likely cry some tears, and it'd be impossible not to try to figure where you went wrong, and though nobody's perfect, these things are usually as much if not moreso the woman's faults, often due to the modern ethics and values of our day, than yours. Whatever happens and however it works out, you can't know the end yet, whatever it is, so just be the best you you can be, and it'll work out well in the end. Life's full of problems. It's how we handle them that makes all the difference. Easier advice to give than receive, I know, but I've been there and done that, so it's not coming from mere wishful thinking. It's just real.

shoot-n-lead
01-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Prayer sent.

GOD bless you.

USMC87
01-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Hey Bullfrog, I feel your pain and know that all things will work out to the council of GOD'S will. I will be praying for your marriage and that you will be comforted and you will see GOD"S will and purpose for your life.

Uncle R.
01-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Tough spot to be in and a hard road ahead, but as others have said you can get through this.
Prayers for you.

Uncle R.

DCP
01-01-2016, 09:24 PM
All you can control is your own thoughts and deeds.

God knows what you do or dont do.
Remember 70x7.

Doing the right thing does not mean you become a door mat.
If you need or want to talk pm me your phone #

Houndog
01-01-2016, 09:38 PM
I'll be prayin for you and your family. The only thing I can advise is to lay it all in GOD'S HANDS and let him take control.

Bzcraig
01-01-2016, 09:46 PM
I am so sorry, praying in Jesus Name for comfort, patience and peace as you move through this valley.

edler7
01-01-2016, 09:47 PM
I've been where you are, done what you are headed for, and got the t shirt taken right off my back.

I learned
1) Colorado family court is not your friend. Get the best lawyer you can- regardless of price.
2) See #1

Prayers sent for strength and wisdom in this dark hour. Have faith that things will be better down the road.

Bruntson
01-02-2016, 02:15 AM
I can't imagine the pain and confusion you must be going through Bullfrog. I will pray for you tonight, brother. Take comfort in knowing, that here you got friends that care about you.

OldFogey
01-02-2016, 02:31 AM
Bullfrog, you are in my prayers. I went through the same thing years ago. In this, as in all things, look to God and know you are not alone.

w5pv
01-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Went through everything but the divorce had to work hard keep the family togather.Prayers sent my friend

WRideout
01-02-2016, 07:36 AM
I am praying for you, brother. God will see you through this.

Wayne

Bullfrog
01-02-2016, 10:26 AM
My friends, my brothers and sisters in Jesus this means everything to me. We just bought a house in August and I just listed it for sale yesterday. My heart is heavy and my sorrow is as well. I have lived here all my life and this is not a dad friendly state but just yesterday afternoon there was ray of hope that prayer is prevailing as she said that maybe we should separate and seek councillors. She is still moving away but there is hope. I will be selling some reloading equipment I just bought and I need to settle up with a man I oh for a book on Here. You all mean everything to me as I have been on here a bit. My posts don't show it but I have been on chat a fair amount. God bless you all and I will keep you posted

Virginia John
01-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Myself and many others here are praying for you. Stay strong and God will handle it.

Hickok
01-02-2016, 11:05 AM
Prayers for you and your situation, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Victor N TN
01-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Prayers continuing.

4719dave
01-02-2016, 03:50 PM
sending a prayer ... Bullfrog I've been there its not a happy place too be and I feel for you ...sometime gods wants to challenge us why I cant figure out ..KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ..

buckwheatpaul
01-02-2016, 04:27 PM
BullFrog, I know it is hard...but do not dwell on it.....you can not go back and recapture what you lost....with that said.....May God take you into His hands and wrap you in his love and understanding. May He guide you in decision making so that you make your decisions without the strain of what your spouse has done to you. May your friends and family circle their wagons around you and protect you with God's help. In Jesus name I pray! Amen....Paul

castalott
01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Sincere Prayers for Love, Mercy, Forgiveness, Faith, Strength , Hope, Wisdom, Understanding, Blessings, and Patience.

TXGunNut
01-02-2016, 10:22 PM
I'll add my prayers but take a little advice from an old bachelor; is your marriage worth fighting for? Is she sincere with her counseling proposition? If yes on both then pursue it because your probably won't get another chance. Best of luck to you, folks are praying for a good outcome for you.

MrWolf
01-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Bullfrog, I have been going through the same thing for the past 10 months. My house will be listed for sale in June after my son's graduation from college at which time we will get divorced. I am losing my best friend. Once you get past that it still does not get easier but you start to realize what can happen after. I have been married over 25 years. I pray you are able to handle what is happening to you. Good luck.

skeettx
01-03-2016, 12:18 AM
I am sad for you,
I have prayed for you,
Trust in the Lord
Mike

Blackwater
01-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Bullfrog, I've seen good things come from these situations, but by no means do they all turn out that way. You DO at least have some hope, at least, and many don't even have that, so though it's hard and definitely not pleasant, there's something better ahead for you, no matter how it works out. It's just something you have to go through to get from where you're at right now, to a time when things WILL be better. Over time, I've seen way too many situations like this, and the thing that seems to have always made the biggest difference, is how those involved who didn't ask for any of it conduct themselves. Stay honorable and true to your faith, and whatever happens, it'll lead you to something better. I know it's hard to FEEL that right now, but it's always proven true in my experience. I have several friends who now see what you're going through as the best hard thing that ever happened to them. They were just much more careful who they married the 2nd time around, and didn't follow their hearts only, but did some real and difficult objective analysis of themselves and their prospective new mate before tying the knot a 2nd time.

At least you still have a possibility of her coming back still, at this point, but if she does leave, it's far better that she do it now rather than later, which would likely be assured if she didn't leave now. Life is, ultimately, a series of challenges, and how we deal with them is the key to being satisfied with ourselves when we get old, and there's no amount of money that can buy that feeling. And it's awfully good to have that feeling, believe me!

I believe you're gonna' do well. You certainly have the right spirit, and that's probably the biggest and hardest part of the whole thing, so I for one at least, have faith in you. It may not be easy or pleasant, but it'll lead you to where you were meant to be, IF you just let it, and use your brain instead of your heart. The heart will feel bad, but the brain can deal with that until you find your real true destiny. I hope it's with your wife, but if that's not to be, you'll have other options and opportunities that might have been missed. Just keep the faith and it'll work out like it's supposed to. Prayers continue.

lockdown96
01-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Praying for you cjeck in your area for people who help in devorce to help put together a financial statement and they go to court. Ameriprise in your area

Bullfrog
01-04-2016, 07:36 AM
She is moving out of state and so my heart is heavy. I am spending this week with my joy and blessing in this world. She says now it is only a separation and that I need to keep and maintain the house so I have to find a renter since the house is way too much for me alone. I accept the challenge and trial although the cup is bitter. Please remember me in prayer that I am not forgotten in my battle of this world by my own sin against my Lord Jesus Christ. That He finds favor in me to grant not only peace, but protection of my wife and child from all evil and that they draw closer to the Lord and he dwells with them during this time of challenge.

Bullfrog
01-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Thanks be to God for people like you all whom I lack in physical presence of this world.

Hickok
01-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Bullfrog, no matter what happens, what you are going through, or the outcome, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will never leave you nor forsake you. Draw near to Him, for He says, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you peace."

tnaz
01-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Prayers asked for You and your Family. Keep strong in our Lord, In Jesus Name.

elkhuntfever
01-04-2016, 01:35 PM
May HE give you peace and comfort.

Bullfrog
01-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Thank you all again. This means a lot to me as I spend time with my child with my heart and soul crying.

Blackwater
01-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Hickock gives the best possible advice of all. It's hard to see the benefits of things like this until you're out the other side of it, and looking back, but when that happens, if you follow Hickock's advice, you'll be amazed. Just keep the faith until you get to the point where you can see and appreciate the difference. And it's a blessing to have a house like that TO keep up, so .... there are no unmixed blessings, it seems. But likely as not, it'll come in handy eventually. "All things work to the good for those who serve the Lord." And the best part is, we don't have to understand how that works. All we have to do is just follow those words, and we WILL see when we're looking back on it. All that matters now, really, is that God can see it, and that He loves you and will help you through anything that comes your way, and you can't count on it of course, but sometimes, He brings us unanticipated surprises. The hard part is just waiting to see what He has in store for us. All we really have or can do is just have enough faith to get through it. Keep strong, and keep the faith. It'll pay off, in the end.

Artful
01-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Prayers for the best possible outcome of this situation for you.

Bullfrog
01-07-2016, 11:14 PM
All I can say is that prayer is a powerful tool. She is still leaving, but we talked today for the first time and there is hope. This I can accept. I will probably have to find a renter to help with my mortgage, but there is hope. Thank you all and please pray that their travel by land is uneventful and they arrive safely with the protection of our Lord Jesus.

Dirtdgger
01-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Prayers sent, may the lord comfort you during this time.

NATJAC
01-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Hey Bullfrog, I am sorry about what you are going through. It seems like marriages are certainly under attack lately! I will certainly pray for you and your wife!

retread
01-08-2016, 12:45 AM
A tough situation for anyone, but tougher fro those who do not know the Lord. Prayer is powerful and many will be praying for you and your wife. My Jesus bless and keep you.

Bullfrog
01-09-2016, 04:22 PM
So today is the day and I am being held together only by the Grace that God has given me. If it had not been for the puppy my wife gave me for CHRISTmas then I think I would be a lot worse off. I was praying on my knees, and quite frankly my eyes were leaking, and that little pup crawled between my legs and put her head on my legs. I have been cleaning the house for 6 hours straight and stopped for a break and hopefully eat something. Prayers please as they travel that God protects them. This is only a separation, but it is so dang hard.

DCP
01-09-2016, 04:32 PM
My offer still stands send me a PM with your Phone# when your ready to talk.
I have been down the path your on.
Its tough.

Vaya con Dios

Bullfrog
01-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Thank you DCP I appreciate it. I am not yet ready for conversation. My wife gave me a puppy for Christmas, under much protest because I already had a mastiff, but this puppy is turning into my comfort. My wife took my dog with her because they are bonded and she is a protector, Of this I will not protest. This is only a separation albeit the distance is hard. Yesterday after they left I had a great moment of weakness and was down on my knees when the puppy walked over to me.

castalott
01-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Sincere Prayers Again for Love, Mercy, Faith, Hope, Strength, Wisdom, Forgiveness, and Understanding.

Bullfrog
01-13-2016, 07:09 AM
Again I thank you all because there is power in prayer and there is even blessing for each of you for your fellowship to one that is hurting. Started to the process of healing and changing and waiting for contact.
Communication has been a problem as not only phone, but other video programs not working properly. I can only imagine why there is so much disruption.

I am encouraged by a casting crowns song, actually several, but the verse that says something like " When It Seems Like Things Are Really Falling Apart, They're Just Falling Into Place" and I know it is a quote someone made to me author unknown, but it is truly where my faith is just in trust and time to heal all things. God Bless you all.

Victor N TN
01-15-2016, 06:48 PM
I wish there were something I could say to help comfort the thoughts in your head. But I'll offer MORE PRAYER and hope that Jesus can comfort your heart and help you AND her to smooth this out and get things repaired.

Bullfrog
01-18-2016, 09:42 AM
I believe in the power of prayer. For those that have not seen the movie War Room it is inspiring and I saw it 3 days before my marriage fell apart. I believe in the power of prayer now, not because of watching a movie, but the movie demonstrated how I am supposed to pray. I believe in the power of prayer because you all on here that have posted, read, and are praying have made a difference and it is tangible and positive. I have been comforted with a tremendous peace and given direction to healing that could only be divinely inspired. When I pray I don't just pray for myself anymore, which was selfish, but I pray for others, which in turn affects me indirectly. Thank you all. DCP I still have not forgotten, but I have been so busy at times that I forget. I will PM my number and hope we can get a phone call together. Thank you all again and God Bless you.

Blackwater
01-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Just keep the faith and you'll get through it and be the better for it somehow, even if you can't see that right now. Faith will get you through things that nothing else will or can. It's guys like you who are facing dire situations that inspire the rest of us to keep on "trucking" when we meet problems. Thanks to YOU for that, sir!

DCP
01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
I believe in the power of prayer. For those that have not seen the movie War Room it is inspiring and I saw it 3 days before my marriage fell apart. I believe in the power of prayer now, not because of watching a movie, but the movie demonstrated how I am supposed to pray. I believe in the power of prayer because you all on here that have posted, read, and are praying have made a difference and it is tangible and positive. I have been comforted with a tremendous peace and given direction to healing that could only be divinely inspired. When I pray I don't just pray for myself anymore, which was selfish, but I pray for others, which in turn affects me indirectly. Thank you all. DCP I still have not forgotten, but I have been so busy at times that I forget. I will PM my number and hope we can get a phone call together. Thank you all again and God Bless you.

Just send your # when your ready

Vaya con Dios

EMC45
01-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Bullfrog,
The Casting Crowns song is indeed an inspiration. It helps me too. I am praying for you in earnest and my prayer is that God will comfort you in this time and give you an over abundance of the fruits of the spirit- Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control. War Room is an AWESOME movie and we just recently watched it as well. It broke me and humbled me to really re examine myself. You are not alone. We are here to lift you up and pray for you, but more importantly- God is your Rock and comforter. Stand on Him and rest.

Newtire
01-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Bullfrog, a few (or maybe more than a few) of us have been down this road. It's really gotta be about the lowest feeling I ever had and it didn't go away soon. Took me awhile to get over it but since have moved on. I felt like I got kicked in the guts for about 2-years but then things began to be fun again. About the time I realized that I was happy just being on my own-like the song says, "Out of the blue clear sky".

When you're going thru it, it's a bad feeling but we're all rooting for you. You aren't alone.

bayjoe
01-26-2016, 12:58 AM
One day at a time. It does get better.

Boaz
01-26-2016, 10:32 PM
You do what you need do . Try to work with her , maintain contact , keep an open mind . Be as active in the child's life as possible . Offer to sit down and talk , seek counseling if necessary (professional , pastor , priest , whatever ) . Just do what is right , no regrets policy .

Bullfrog
01-27-2016, 07:42 AM
Hello All,

Your prayers and words of encouragement are heartwarming and I get more interaction out of this group of men than I do at my own church home, which is sad. Each day is different, but this pup is keeping me not only from being overwhelmed, but helping me heal. I have to get off to work, but wanted to put a short post that I read each comment and appreciate every one of you.

WRideout
01-27-2016, 07:52 AM
I have been in your shoes; God will see you both through this. Church is where the sinners go. Find your help where the Lord leads you. You are both in my prayers.

Wayne

tnaz
01-27-2016, 04:39 PM
I try to check here every day but don't always post, but You are in my Prayers. As been stated GOD is in control, stay in Prayer.

tnaz

Bullfrog
01-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Progress on some things and set backs on others. My boss is all over me, and he knows what I am enduring, and yet he insists on being a jerk. I try to take it in stride but at times it is overbearing. I appreciate you all greatly and I am embracing loneliness as I work on my degree and take care of my puppy. Thank God for the creatures he brings into our lives.

edler7
01-28-2016, 02:25 AM
Prayers for strength and deliverance from your worries.

Hang tough, Bullfrog.

Bullfrog
01-29-2016, 07:34 AM
One forgets how precious and delicate life is, but also the connections they have with family, that is until they are gone and all you have is "Facetime" on a phone for a few minutes a day. As if to bring into context how small my issue is, a Sergeant of mine whom is now a friend found out he is facing bone cancer in his leg. Biopsy done, wife a nurse and an individual whom read the report told her to be certain she goes with him to the appointment and to "brace yourself". He is only 33 with 4 kids and he is asking me "why". I handed him a copy of the bible, like what you get in the military, and I had marked out some passages for him. He has had interest in Jesus before and I pray for him daily, now this. My heart sank, yet again. So my trials are trivial compared to a man who very likely could lose his life and his family their husband/father. Keep Daniel Escobedo in prayer please.

My update is that God is good to me and He is starting to cause things to stir. She still does not talk to me but texts me very brief things included in updates on my child. She is in therapy. It is a start and I will take that. God bless you all and thank you because my phone does not ring and I am sending DCP a text now to get his number. Loneliness is a living death, but thank God for rambunctious puppies !

Artful
01-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Will add Daniel and his family to my prayers - and yes Puppies are a good thing.:twisted:

Bullfrog
02-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Been a long month and yet it seems like a lifetime. Daniel is going to the Oncologist tomorrow to hear what the biopsy found.
Nothing has changed for me except some clarity and peace. Of that I am grateful and the prayers help so thank you kindly.

DCP
02-02-2016, 08:10 PM
So glad it is getting better for you

tnaz
02-03-2016, 08:36 PM
You, your friend Daniel Escobedo, and his family will be in our Prayers.

Terry

Bullfrog
02-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Praise report! Danny went to the oncologist and the tumor is benign and he will go into surgery on Monday to have the mass removed from the bone in his leg. As a result, he has been praising God for this news and I have been working with him for months to come to Jesus ! Amen.

shoot-n-lead
02-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Thanks sent for this good report.

Blackwater
02-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Amen. Prayers continue for you all.

opos
02-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Been divorced twice...my "life style" at the time was the root cause..married now for 32 years and couldn't be happier nor better off...I had to clean up my "act" before I could be a responsible husband...my grown kids, my grandkids and my 2 great grandkids all like the old man now..I do know one thing...the hurt I felt was not the result of the 2 women that could not live with me being at fault..they didn't bargain for what they got and thank God they were able to move on and not enable me...Time heals and God allows U turns.

Good luck and one small bit of advice...keep your eyes open and don't make rash decisions to try and "get her back"..I have a friend that had a pre mariatial agreement to protect a great deal of property he "brought to the marriage"....she felt it was "unfair"..they split on a "temporary" basis...she moved out and home to Mom and Dad, and to get her back he agreed to tear up the pre nuptual agreement..he did, she divorced him and took 1/2 of the property he was the rightful owner of..hard deal.

Bullfrog
02-05-2016, 06:30 AM
Opos that just ain't right.

Praise update #2. I was texted at 2am this morning asking what I would think if she asked to come back home, but that I would probably have to move somewhere like family while we worked on our marriage... God is awesome and there is power in prayer!

DCP
02-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Opos that just ain't right.

Praise update #2. I was texted at 2am this morning asking what I would think if she asked to come back home, but that I would probably have to move somewhere like family while we worked on our marriage... God is awesome and there is power in prayer!

I would not move out. That could be a slippery slop. Move to another bed room or couch.

Blackwater
02-05-2016, 10:45 AM
I'm with DCP. Like it or not, you're in an adversarial position now, and to fail to take that into consideration all too often yields the kind of results Opos spoke of. Divorce attorneys now recommend women do all sorts of things to gain the upper hand in the courts. You can't afford to ignore that possibility, so don't be foolish. I've seen too many guys get taken to the cleaners, and have spent time in court where it was plain to see what was really going on. When we're emotionally involved in the situation, we can't see the things that we often most NEED to see, so I think I'd talk to my own lawyer now, just to help you keep your realistic perspective in place and help prevent you from falling into some of the traps the idjit and money-driven tactics some of the women's divorce attorneys use these days. Even once good women can fall prey to their suggestions when they come across as "just trying to help!" And what they're really after is YOUR money! You can't afford not to at least talk to a good divorce attorney of your own. Stay open to a resolution, but don't turn away from the potential realities you don't really know about yet. That's just the intelligent way to behave in these situations. I hope it all works out well, but you can't count on that at this stage, and you need to be ready for whatever transpires that you can't anticipate. Make sense?

edler7
02-05-2016, 11:58 AM
^^^ What he says !

I know it's hard to believe, but in a divorce the woman you loved can be as cold and heartless as any rattlesnake you ever met

Bullfrog
02-23-2016, 07:56 AM
Very brief update and praise report.

The Lord is faithful and ever-loving. On 06 Feb 16 I was contacted to take some info to my appointment. I was very sick, still am fighting illness, but that day was bad. I struggled to drive in, presented what I was asked to bring. Later shared what my appointment said. That day she had me book a flight out. I left 10 Feb 2016 and drove them back home. I am staying elsewhere while we work on our marriage. Last Saturday she went to my appointment with me. God is amazing. Never in my life would I have believed this possible. Truly a miracle because there are so many details I do not talk about. I post this because there is hope and never give up. You all have been so gracious and I appreciate it. I will not be posting as much because of school and now my split living because of driving, but I wanted to post this praise! Thank you all again for the prayers, there is power in prayer Amen.

Boaz
02-23-2016, 08:13 AM
Lord please help Bullfrog and his family . Please help them work their problems out and guide them. Help them with their medical problems and be with their child as they work together to be a family again . In Jesus name I ask it . Amen

Blackwater
02-23-2016, 08:57 AM
Good to hear there's progress. We ask and God decides what's REALLY best for us, and sometimes that's to give us what we ask for. It's good that He knows what's best for us better than we do, always. And BTW, how's Daniel coming along? It might seem ironic, but when you're down, it's usually uplifting when you can help someone else in spite of your own troubles. Ain't it funny how that works?