PDA

View Full Version : Musings on today, listening to the radio. took a ride.

frkelly74
01-01-2016, 02:14 AM
I was working on the boys room today and boy that's a mess. there was rot under the floor that looked real nice when we moved in a year ago. But underneath there was just plain rotten wood and fiberglass insulation soaked with water that has come up as vapor through the slab of what used to be a garage floor. So the floor has gradually been looking worse and finally had to look into it to see what was going on. Rotten under a nice veneer of ceramic tile. I have about got it removed now. I will seal the concrete and put those colorful interlocking foam tiles back in to fix it quick and cheap. There will be a 4" step down into that room now. While I was working I was listening to the Dana show, Dana was on vacation, and the guy on there was talking about the State of the Union address coming up in January and how our liar in chief was going to unveil some sweeping changes to the gun laws amounting to Federal Registration. I know that he is wanting to do nasty things to gun owners as an act to create his Legacy so people will remember him as president. I will have no trouble remembering him even though i would like to forget. I was able to state my opinion that historically, registration has been the precursor to confiscation and really is of no use in getting the guns away from people who will use them for evil because they do not care what the law is anyway and will just steal a gun to do what they feel they need to do. You can site Nazi Germany, England, Australia, and California as examples without even breaking a sweat. People were assured that it was only for their own protection and no one would ever think of taking the guns away from the honest folks. Then wham, " you must turn all your registered guns or we will come get them". My three kids listen and seemed to accept the logic and truth of this and i am happy for that. Home schooling has paid off in that they are used to listening to me and have not been brainwashed to the extent that many other kids are from state sponsored education. .... So then I was thinking I better go and see what is available at the Gun Store up in Titusville that I have been driving by for a year and not checking out. I even told my wife where I was going and then got into the car and went. I have been wanting to replace the high point carbine that I traded off while we were still in Michigan but have not managed to do so. Meanwhile I have managed to sell some of my collection and pare down some of the calibers that I was able to reload for. This is not progress. The shop is small and has a few guns in it but does not compare with the Store called On Target just west of Kalamazoo in Michigan. There are no reloading supplies or tools, there were 4 Mosin Nagant rifles, all priced about $350. And other ordinary shotguns and rifles. There was a nice case full of handguns and there was a good 1920's Winchester 92 for $1600 . There was also a 45 auto High Point Carbine way up on the wall. I asked to see it, the man got it down and I asked what he had to have for it and he said $349. This was a carbine with one mag and a vertical grip for the front, he thought. No lazer and no extra mags. He said the 9mm version was $329. So I am torn. I want to support a local business and establish a relationship and buy a new gun but the price is high. I also want to get one of those while the getting is good before the doom falls. The price is higher than I have seen on auctions but there is no shipping, or it is already in there, I will probably go back and talk to them some more but the price is kind of high. And now the new year has begun, and here I am.

Hamish
01-01-2016, 02:43 AM
Too much to say and its not worth wasting the words.

We're on the same wavelength,,,,,,,,,,

bedbugbilly
01-01-2016, 10:15 AM
+1 ^

I think we are all thinking pretty much along with you on all of this. I won't even climb on my stump and get started on the "Legacy" that our fearless leader wants to leave. His Administration has already left enough of a "legacy" . . .

You are so right when you talk about "On Target". They've been around for years and talk about a "kid in a candy store" when you go in there! LOL I had Eric (one of the owners) liquidate my long gun collection for me a few years back. Good folks to deal with.

Let's hope that 2016 brings on some changes that are better than what has been going on the last seven years . . . but just don't hole your breath. Maybe instead of going after the law abiding citizens, the guv'ment should be working on a program to get the criminals and bad guys to register their guns . . . now there's a plan! The left already feels that there are way to many people incarcerated and that certain segments are being picked on . . . But, under this Administration, EVERYTHING is going so WELL! Let's see, . . . no increase in Social Security this year but there is plenty of money (OUR money/taxes financing it) to run ads on TV and encourage people to sign up for things they are "entitled" to . . . free phones, free health care, free everything. One has to ask . . . "why are these things necessary when they tout on how well they have brought the economy back and all the jobs they've created?"

As I "muse" today . . . all I can think of is I hope enough people speak out with their vote in the next election . . . if not . . . we all know that when you flush a toilet, the water eventually stops spinning and goes down the drain.

On a brighter side . . . my best to everyday for a happy and safe holiday and a very "Happy New Year!"

MaryB
01-02-2016, 01:28 AM
If it is new that is a decent price on the 45 carbine! I have been wanting to pick up the 995TS carbine just for fun.