PDA

View Full Version : Heat wave

starmac
12-31-2015, 11:48 PM
Thankful we haven't had any of the terrible storms some of you down south have had the last few days, but I'm sure sick of this stinking heatwave we have had the last couple of days.

runfiverun
01-01-2016, 12:46 AM
heat wave?
it was 0 today all day long, it's minus 8 right now, gonna get colder in a little while.

starmac
01-01-2016, 12:50 AM
Maybe there, but it got downright warm here. It is suppose to cool off tonight, at least down to 10 degrees, at least cool enough to live with.

blademasterii
01-01-2016, 01:13 AM
Its been 85 here all week.

starmac
01-01-2016, 01:21 AM
Its been 85 here all week.

Jeez, maybe that is why I hope to never have to go there again. lol
The weather here the last couple of days, was nice for sunbathing, but sure makes the hard pack greasy. Now we have to get a few days of good weather and even some more snow to get the roads back in shape.

tommag
01-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Frosty mid 20s in Seattle tonight. Down in the single digits in Spokane.

Three44s
01-01-2016, 03:54 AM
Nine here predicted to be 4 in the early AM!

Happy New Year!

Three 44s

Wasalmonslayer
01-01-2016, 02:52 PM
We were 2 at my house this morning.
Just got back from the Oregon coast and the days were 45 and at night it froze!
The beach sand was hard as concrete!
I have not seen that before!!

Happy New Year!
Slayer

Half Dog
01-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Well...it's a frigid 49° F in Grand Prairie, TX. I'm looking forward to summer again.

starmac
01-01-2016, 05:47 PM
7 degrees this morning, much better. The timing for the heat wave could have been much betteras we now have a 3 day weekend, where 40's would have been nice, but mother nature seldom takes the hollidays into consideration.

Multigunner
01-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Has anyone seen the silly stories about it being 40 degrees at the North Pole?
Turned out a reporter got the tiny town of North Pole Alaska confused with the real North Pole. Other news sources ran with the story before checking it out.
The highest it got at the real North Pole was around -8 Centigrade for a few hours, it then quickly dropped into the -20's as usual.

starmac
01-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Ha, no I haven't seen it, but live just a few miles from North Pole, and the temps the last few days have been tropical to say the least. Back tp decent temps today.

leeggen
01-01-2016, 09:51 PM
I can't imagen a news reporter getting mixed up as to which Northpole was being talked about.( in purple) Most are readers not reporters.
CD

mold maker
01-05-2016, 10:35 AM
70s last week, flurries and 21 this week. No wonder everybody is sick.

bedbugbilly
01-05-2016, 02:23 PM
North Pole versus North Pole? LOL

Can't imagine a reporter getting something wrong . . but give it time . . . the "left" think they can walk on water like the "second coming" and they'll probably claim they can changer the weather whenever they want at some point . . .

It was 9 degrees here this morning (south central MI - Jackson County) and we actually have sunshine today! Seems nice for a change. Supposed to be 43 on Friday (if the weatherman gets it right) and then go down again the beginning of next week. Can't complain though . . . my thoughts and prayers are still with all of those who got hit by the flooding, tornados and blizzards.

bdicki
01-05-2016, 03:52 PM
North Pole versus North Pole? LOL

Not as bad a your travel agent getting Saint John New Brunswick mixed up with St. John Newfoundland on your way to a paper mill shutdown. Flew into Halifax and then from Halifax and was turned around because of fog, spent the night in Halifax and back in the air in the morning. Landed in Newfoundland and got back on the same plane back to Halifax realizing what happened after talking to the guy in the seat beside me. Then on to New Brunswick the next day. Hotel and rental car in New Brunswick and airline ticket to Newfoundland. The ticket or airport signs never had the providence specified.

Friends call me Pac
01-07-2016, 01:17 PM
I depended on folks getting N. Pole mixed up with the N. Pole. In 1985 I lived right across the street from Santa's house. I was at 2545 Apt 9B Mission Rd N. Pole Alaska. If I remember correctly the zip was 99702? If that's correct after all of these years I have no excuse when I forget some trivial thing like picking up a loaf of bread so please don't tell the wife. I may have to start buying groceries instead of powder & lead. I have her convinced I can't remember piddly things like that & have it made for now.

Anyhow, I would tell my family down in the lower 48 that I did indeed live at the N Pole & Santa was my next door neighbor. I didn't know if the care packages were sent because in their minds I lived so far from civilizations or if it was because Santa & I were buddies. Either way the packages were sent. Personally I think it was because my family wanted Christmas presents from Santa & they knew I had his ear.

I once had my brother believing Uncle Sam issued me 20 dogs & a sled so I could get back & forth to to Eielson AFB but that is another story.

Ballistics in Scotland
01-07-2016, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=starmac;3490238]Ha, no I haven't seen it, but live just a few miles from North Pole, and the temps the last few days have been tropical to say the least. Back tp decent temps today.[/QUOTE

You didn't happen to notice any buoys around? The Washington Post seems to be backing up the story, at least as far as a brief 33 degrees Fahrenheit, with date from the Arctic Buoy Program.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/12/30/freak-storm-has-pushed-north-pole-to-freezing-point-50-degrees-above-normal/

geargnasher
01-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Well...it's a frigid 49° F in Grand Prairie, TX. I'm looking forward to summer again.

I hear you. We don't thaw out and get moving good around here until the mid 80's.

Gear