PDA

View Full Version : Houston warehouse experiment

troyboy
12-31-2015, 05:56 PM
This may be of interest to those on the never ending quest to further the knowledge of precision shooting.Here is the article in pdf of the Houston warehouse project.

sparky45
12-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the link, great article.

shooter93
12-31-2015, 07:15 PM
Those were amazing times and Virgil was a genius when it came to loading and rifle tuning. People flew in from all over and it was great to meet some of those people who went there from here and talk to Virgil. Within a very few number of shots he could tell you if your rifle would ever soot to the winning level or not. The three most accurate rifles that ever went through the warehouse belonged to him...a 22 caliber....a 6mm and a 30 caliber with the 22 being the most accurate. He had mentioned one time that he thought 22's were the most accurate but when shooting outside they are plagued by the wind which is why they didn't win more. He had one "secret" case prep procedure that he never shared....lol. Great times in the shooting sports and I bet there are a number of " we duffers" at this site who remember them and Virgil and the warehouse.

leeggen
12-31-2015, 10:25 PM
I beleive it was Felix that talked about that on here a few times.
It is a great read if one wants to learn.
CD

TXGunNut
12-31-2015, 10:44 PM
I recall reading about that project a few years back, truly an interesting time.