PDA

View Full Version : Why...Titan Reloading...

shoot-n-lead
12-29-2015, 01:50 AM
Last night I went to Titan Reloading website and made up an order. I did as I always do and just leave it in the cart and thought it over for a day to make sure that I did not need to add something else, before placing the order. Well, after thinking it over today, I decided there was nothing else that I needed, I went to the site, tonight, to place the order. So, when I checked the cart to make sure that everything was still in order, I clicked to go to checkout. When the checkout page came up, the total, for the exact same order as last night, had gone up 1.5% from what it had been less than 24hrs earlier. Upon checking the for the difference, I noticed that the shipping charge was the difference...for the same shipping that I had specified last night.

Not sure what went on...but I went to another website and placed my order. Matter of fact, I had gone to the other site last night to compare the cost of the same order...with the same shipping. And, last night, Titan had the best price. When I went back there tonight...their price was the same tonight as it was last night...so they got the order.

Just don't understand Titan's shipping increasing overnight...when the other site's shipping did not.

DerekP Houston
12-29-2015, 02:03 AM
Here's a tip for online shopping, most retailers will track your shopping cart and items with cookies. Try using incognito mode and see if the prices don't go back to normal. I've seen this happen with items many times on Amazon and with Airline prices. Same as the annoying emails I get "Hey you left items in your cart!"

shoot-n-lead
12-29-2015, 02:06 AM
Here's a tip for online shopping, most retailers will track your shopping cart and items with cookies. Try using incognito mode and see if the prices don't go back to normal. I've seen this happen with items many times on Amazon and with Airline prices. Same as the annoying emails I get "Hey you left items in your cart!"

Thanks for the tip...I will do that.

I was taken aback by this as I have not had this experience before. But, I will certainly give this a shot from now on.

lefty o
12-29-2015, 03:33 AM
midawayusa used to do this, i always emailed them back, id have placed the order if your shipping prices werent rediculous!

leadman
12-29-2015, 04:30 AM
I was looking at the new Lee Auto Drum powder measure on Titan but shipping was about 2/3 of the cost of the measure. I heard there is a shipping price increase for the first of the year but don't recall with what shipper.
Amazon seems to do well on shipping and Titan does sell on there so you might check it out.

dragon813gt
12-29-2015, 07:06 AM
Their shipping is always higher than others. It depends on how much I am ordering. For a few items I will pay more per item from Amazon. I'm a prime member so I will get the order faster and for less money. If it's a large order Titan usually wins.

jonp
12-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Sportsmans Guide sends me those annoying emails "hey, you left stuff in the cart" usually followed a few days later with a "Free Shipping" code email.

That's why I place the items I am thinking of buying into the carts on several sites at once (Titan, Mid-South, Midway, Optics Planet etc) and compare before ordering. Usually save several dollars like that.

MaryB
12-30-2015, 12:00 AM
Shipping is going up across the board... no clue why with fuel costs way down... if you were using priority mail it is going up "After three years without a shipping rate increase, Priority Mail will see an average rate increase of 9.4% in 2016. Additionally, Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C will be discontinued in 2016." http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

10x
12-30-2015, 08:50 AM
Shipping is going up across the board... no clue why with fuel costs way down... if you were using priority mail it is going up "After three years without a shipping rate increase, Priority Mail will see an average rate increase of 9.4% in 2016. Additionally, Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C will be discontinued in 2016." http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

They are keeping the parcels longer and the cost is for storage....

popper
12-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Guess I'm just lucky, Beretta site had a SG. List $1400. Got it and a brick of SR primers for $1200 at Cabelas. Back to Beretta site and same gun for $1600.

snuffy
12-30-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't order online from Titan, I go right by there on my trips to the Milwaukee VA hospital. The reason; they charge 5% state tax PLUS shipping. I still have to pay the tax over the counter, but it's usually cheaper than Midway or other online stores.

MaryB
12-30-2015, 11:38 PM
If I need Lee I get it from Titan. 2 days shipping most of the time to where I am in MN. If the site is quoting weird shipping why not call them and see why!

mold maker
12-31-2015, 12:24 PM
I tried to return 2 unused items and they wouldn't give a full refund, because the boxes had been opened. One came packed in a ziplok bag, the other taped shut in a brown box.
How was I supposed to inspect the items without opening? Plus I would have had shipping charges. To me as long as an item is returned unused, and in saleable condition it should get a full refund. These items were less than 10% of a substantual order.
The next 3 orders went to FS Reloading.