PDA

View Full Version : Just letting my friends on cast boolits know

country gent
12-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Monday afternoon evening I had a flair up with the MS got back into bed and have pretty much been there ever since tues and wensday I could hardly walk with the walker but the sons been helping wth leg exersises and things Today is the first Ive bbeen in the living room, but I am back to using the cane again in the house today. Had a great christmas with the kids and grandkids So all is well or getting better.

Oklahoma Rebel
12-26-2015, 05:35 PM
glad you had a good Christmas, and I hope you feel better. my granddad had m.s. and I fear that I might also. am trying to get in to do a test that has something to do with shocking you through your legs, it is supposed to be fairly painful

daniel lawecki
12-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Glad to here your better

shoot-n-lead
12-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear that you are improving.

country gent
12-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Oh yes that test is a joy and uncomfortable. Also an MRI (noisy but comfortable. will show the lesions in the brain and spinal corf The y normly do head neck and orbs on me. Its about 45 mins each time with and with out dye. Make sure they warm the dye before injecting as it really burns if still cold. That test is unconfortable and no fun but is bearable, I was lucky the ms caused numbness in legs arms feet and hands.

10x
12-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Best wishes.

bangerjim
12-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Best wishes on getting back to where you were!

Being down is no fun.

God Bless.

banger

lightman
12-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear this, my Friend. Glad you are getting better. I had a bout with mine last summer and spent several days doing nothing except hanging out on CB and watching cooking shows on tv.

lightman
12-26-2015, 08:01 PM
O.K. Kid, Country Gent offered to talk with me when I was diagnosed and I would be happy to talk with you. I expect that he would too. Please feel free to PM me. Talking with others help you cope.

MrWolf
12-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Glad you are up and about again. I have also had that test, as stated it is bearable, just not a lot of fun.

MaryB
12-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Electromyelogram, I have had 4 of them, arms and legs... think cattle prod...

glad you had a good Christmas, and I hope you feel better. my granddad had m.s. and I fear that I might also. am trying to get in to do a test that has something to do with shocking you through your legs, it is supposed to be fairly painful

MrWolf
12-26-2015, 11:10 PM
^^ Yup, nailed it.

maxreloader
12-26-2015, 11:27 PM
I have a good friend that has MS flareups now and then... and I will tell you it isn't nice at all, god bless you for hanging in there with all that pain. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

smoked turkey
12-26-2015, 11:49 PM
country gent glad your Christmas went good with the family. Sorry to hear of the flair up again. I said a prayer for your recovery and would like for you to be able to get around good without pain.

SharpsShooter
12-27-2015, 08:25 AM
Electromyelogram, I have had 4 of them, arms and legs... think cattle prod...

Isn't it awful how much pain they put you in to find out what's wrong? "Think cattle prod" just gives me the willies.

May the good Lord ease your pain and and give you comfort.

SS

country gent
12-27-2015, 11:50 AM
On that test it isnt so powerful an electric shock (but it is uncomfortable) its the repeatability. Doctor did me it started at foot up the leg sides arms and a few spots on face each side it may be 20-30 times a side finding out where the shorts are at LOL. And dont think you going to fight it and stay still, when the connection is made youll shake and jerk LOL. Yes OKkidd Im more thnan willing to talk to you and help with this as much as I can, Im actually one of the lucky ones with MS as I have no pain I have constant numbness in legs and feet arms and hands and some vision issues also some i donnt want to be public. MS is unique in that it causes the white blood cells to attach the melanine ( lining on the nerves) basically causing shorts. It can cause pain numbness affect vision balance anything controlled by nerves. The big problem is when it starts affecting involentary functions. On the plus side there are much better medications to control it and they are getting closer to a cure every day. Smile and do what you want can do, You can do what you did before but it just may not be done the same way.

Hardcast416taylor
12-27-2015, 02:28 PM
MS forced a best friend of mine to retire early from the Penn. railroad machinery shop. He is fighting this ailment as hard as any person would fight to recover from a malady. He has 2 power chairs, 1 for indoors and the other for garage and outdoor work. He still mows his 3 acres of lawn on a JD yard tractor at his home N of Pittsburg and tries to maintain his flowers and veggie garden as much as he can. He, up until last year, could walk down his basement stairs to his `Lab` for making aerial and ground fireworks besides his reloading equipment. He made it to 65 this year and still has a sharp mind and his W Va/Pa sense of humor and drawl. His biggest problem that MS brought him was infrequent migrane headaches that can hang on for several days and more. Sorta wish that I`d known him as a youngster so we could have gotten into devilment together as we grew up with me as his `older Brother`.Robert

country gent
12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Well crying and complaining dosnt help any at all. Keeping spirts up and doing all you can and ejoying each moment helps alot more. Staying active is importamt also. I feel at a match going down to the awards at the other end of the line. A buddy came over to help and I looked up at him and ask him, Did you know gravity was still turned on? He was laughing when he ask if I was okay and I was when I answered him. the others tha came over to offer help were to I got a gouple hand holds from them and popped right back up. MS is a pain in the butt but not an end all death sentence.

williamwaco
12-27-2015, 06:21 PM
God bless you and your family and I pray for healing for your affliction.

RonT
12-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Well you certainly have a good positive attitude. Looking forward to shooting beside you next season.
Cheers,
R

Blackwater
12-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Country Gent, you're a real gent in every respect of the words, and I honor your persistence and attitude. You're a man among men, sir! And we all need more examples like that to follow. Thanks for setting all our bars a little higher.

legend 550
12-27-2015, 07:52 PM
country gent. I see you are from NW Ohio. May I ask if you've tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy at Sarah's garden in Wauseon Ohio. I hear it can do wonders for Ms patients

http://sarasgarden.org/.

Driver man
12-27-2015, 08:00 PM
I wish you well and hope you improve in health. I look forward to your knowledgeable and informative posts on a wide variety of subjects and notice when you don't post.

USMC87
12-27-2015, 10:24 PM
I have several friends and family that have MS, Most do good with occasional flares. I am glad go hear you are feeling better and will be praying for you daily.

retread
12-28-2015, 01:08 AM
A good attitude is essential. Looks like you have it. God Bess you and keep fighting.

Artful
12-28-2015, 02:55 AM
Get better soon and I'll say a prayer for you. Have a Happy New Year.

Hickok
12-28-2015, 08:10 AM
Country Gent, Prayers in the name of Our Lord for your improved health.

As with your other many friends here, wishing you the best!

w5pv
12-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Just continue to improve,your cast bullet friends care.

nekshot
12-28-2015, 08:50 AM
I am so sorry for you but I will keep you in prayer.

MBTcustom
12-28-2015, 09:30 AM
Don't let it get you down, and when it does, get back in there and fight it. My wife has MS. We can survive anything as long as she doesn't give up, but if she allows depression to creep in, it could take months to get her back to "normal" whether the MS is active or not, and a lot of living is lost in the mean time.

We come back. We fight. We never ever give up, and the truth is, life really isn't all that bad. Everybody has trouble with something be it with one or more ex wives, or gambling, or drugs etc etc etc. I think the lines have fallen to us in pleasant places all things considered. Living with MS for us, is an exercise in holding on to what's real, like a pit bull.
Hang in there country gent. You can beat this. MS is something in your life that you have to deal with from time to time, but it's not your whole life. There's a lot of livin out there to be done that MS can't touch eh?
Peace brother. Happy New year.

country gent
12-28-2015, 02:04 PM
GoodSteel thats is so true, I can look in any newspapper on any given day and find stories of people way worse off than me. Pretty easily really. Somethings are hard for me sure but I can normally find a way to get it done. The biggest issue is farm equipment getting up into the tractors is almost imposible, but I gan get into the truck and pull 5th wheels and wagons to the elevatior when needed. Life is what it is Make the best of it and enjoy the journey. Hopefully your wifes MS isnt causing alot of pain.

MaryB
12-28-2015, 10:21 PM
Back told me I would be in a wheelchair 5 years ago... I refuse and am still going. He is to the point where he is willing to do the lumbar fusion because he knows I am stubborn enough to heal after! Pain is an old friend at this point an donly o the very worst days does it stop me.

country gent
01-02-2016, 11:46 PM
Im doing much better now. Daughter took me grocery shopping today and I did good. Im back getting around the house with a cane. I wish a Happy New years to all my friends on cast boolits and a heartfelt Thank-you for all the good wishes and prayers.