PDA

View Full Version : Bugles across america

Bad Water Bill
12-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Just heard on the radio that if someone wishes to have taps played at a vets funeral they can go to that site and make the necessary arrangements and IIRC the bugler is free.

Again the site is "BUGLERS ACROSS AMERICA"

montana_charlie
12-26-2015, 03:30 PM
A retired vet can have a 'military funeral' simply for the asking.
That gets him 6 pall bearers, 7 riflemen (for the 3 volleys), a bugler for Taps, and a pair to fold the flag.
However, if he is an Air Force retiree, he gets two guys ... who will do Taps and fold the flag.

I guess there are just too many veterans dying to provide everyone with a full ration of 'respect'.
http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/air-force-ends-3-volley-salutes-at-veteran-funerals/?cat_orig=us

jcwit
12-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Our Legion handles the local Burial Details, I'm part of the Honor Guard doing it. I'm always one of the Rifleman as I also take care of the rifles.

We do not have many a year, 4 to 6 at the most. And we cover 4 local towns. We have 2 posts who refuse to do it anymore, why?, I have no idea.

It is getting harder & harder for me to stand at attention for any length of time anymore, an oxycotin or 2 does make it easier.

jcwit
12-26-2015, 04:03 PM
BTW, just a little info, the flags are furnished by the post office, and a flag over the casket is not the same size as a standard flag.

jcwit
12-26-2015, 04:05 PM
I should have also said ALL VETS are Honored with a Military Funeral, the family only needs to ask!

roarindan
01-01-2016, 04:19 PM
I attended a funeral for a Brother Mason/Veteran last Nov. After our Service, the Rev. said her piece, then we had two(2) privates from a National Guard Unit fold the Flag and then one held one of those fake bugles to his mouth. These two must have gotten the call the night before, 'cause one of them had to borrow a pair of white gloves from us.

jcwit
01-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Just some info!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/24/air-force-will-no-longer-fire-three-volley-salutes-at-veteran-funerals.html?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork