PDA

View Full Version : What to do, what to do!!?

xd45forever
12-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Just had gallbladder surgery today so I'm gonna be off work for a couple weeks. I was wondering if anyone around here would have any conceivable notion what I could do to fill my days!? Lmao!

Four-Sixty
12-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Time to make some lube groves, and fill em'!

If you get really, really bored, you can trim brass...

Budzilla 19
12-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Uhhhhh, how much can you pick up? Weight wise, that is ,after surgery! Might just cast till you need help to move boolits then do it again!! Seriously, good luck on your recovery and I believe I can see some long casting sessions in your future! Have a Merry Christmas !

runfiverun
12-22-2015, 10:03 PM
I got some brass that needs champhered and cleaned and sorted.
and some more brass that needs cleaned and trimmed and sized and stuff.

if that fails I probably have some that needs emptied...

xd45forever
12-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Oooh this is gonna get fun! My son is a maintenance tech at an aluminum injection molding company and he built me a PID for Christmas! He wants to come over tomorrow and test it out!

reed1911
12-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Be prepared for "lack of gall bladder" attacks while eating. Many find that some foods in particular (greasy food mainly) that your body will cause you to run for the bathroom in the middle of dinner.

Hickok
12-23-2015, 10:07 AM
Relax, take it easy, and start reading all the stickies!:bigsmyl2:

Shuz
12-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Relax, get well, and do some reading! Hope you are up and around real soon!

44man
12-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Hold your dog and watch TV like I do. :bigsmyl2:

AggieEE
12-23-2015, 11:50 AM
As a voice of experience, I agree with reed1911. In my case the gut said, "you have 30 secs to get to the bathroom, this is your only warning." I didn't have to be eating at the time either. It took me a while to start feeling normal, I think the docs keeping me stoned for a week had something to do with it.

reed1911
12-23-2015, 03:39 PM
Took about a year here. Still kicks in every now and again

bedbugbilly
12-23-2015, 07:25 PM
I had emergency gall bladder surgery a number of years ago. Fortunately they were able to do it with orthoscopy (I believe that's what it's called?). The Dr. told me a two week recovery . . . I felt so good that in two days I was working on rebuilding my deck which had been interrupted by the gall bladder attack. Funny . . well not funny . . . but odd thing is that when I had my gall bladder attack, the same symptoms were present as when I had a major heart attack before I had triple by-pass (twenty years ago this spring). It felt like someone was trying to pry my right shoulder blade off with a crowbar . . . I actually went in by ambulance thinking I was having another heart attack. Everyone is different though and follow the Dr.'s orders.

reed1911 says it pretty well what a lot of folks go through after the gall bladder is removed. I have the same problem. We eat a pretty much "fat free" diet due to cardiac requirements, etc. but if I happen to "splurge" and have something on the greasy side . . . well let's just say you need to do some "preplanning". LOL

Good luck with your recovery and work back in to things gradually . . . lot's of things you can do though without a whole lot of lifting, exertion, etc. Just use common sense.

Victor N TN
12-23-2015, 07:41 PM
A divorced friend of mine had that done a few years back. The doctor told him he could do anything he wanted to do. But he couldn't lift more than 10 pounds. My wife fixed bigger than usual suppers a few times and I drove it over to him the 2nd or 3rd day after his surgery he reminded me of what the doctor told him. The he said "THEY LIED TO ME !!!" My only advise to you is to only do what you feel like doing. If it starts to hurt, stop then. Because later it'll feel like someone used a ball bat on you.

Good luck with the recovery. I wish you the best.
Victor

RED333
12-23-2015, 11:07 PM
Throw lead over 900FPS, try to see how many holes you do not put into paper at a known range, like 50 feet.