PDA

View Full Version : Magma (Star) lubricator/sizer

flutedchamber
04-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Is the Star lubricator/sizer sold by Magma made in the USA?

The reason I ask is that the online instructions read like they were written by someone who never was introduced properly to the English language.

runfiverun
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
they are in queens creek ariz.
however their instructions were written by an engineer.

GSM
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
they are in queens creek ariz.
however their instructions were written by an engineer.

You make it sound like thing of bad.

runfiverun
04-18-2008, 10:44 PM
having dealt with many,many fresh out of the big skool. just a bit of experience,
and i have read them there instructions too. lol

Sundogg1911
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
that's funny. In my day job I deal with Engineers. my friend (who ironically is now an Engineer) used to have a sign on His toolbos that read "It's only slightly easier to communicate with and Engineer, than the dead" I find it to be pretty accurate (in my experience)

HeavyMetal
04-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Let us remember that the original engineer for the Star has got to be at least 110 yrs old!

Back in the day things were a tad different. That included how they wrote instructions.

Anybody ever read a turn of the century newspaper? ( we're talking circa 1900) Just the advertising would give you a laugh.

The real shame is Magma hasn't bothered to do anything but increase the price!

Sprue
05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Let us remember that the original engineer for the Star has got to be at least 110 yrs old!

Back in the day things were a tad different. That included how they wrote instructions.

Anybody ever read a turn of the century newspaper? ( we're talking circa 1900) Just the advertising would give you a laugh.

The real shame is Magma hasn't bothered to do anything but increase the price!

Just like the automobile

runfiverun
05-05-2008, 11:57 PM
and the 1911.....

miestro_jerry
05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
first I resemble that the remark about the engineer, retired from teaching and practicing after about 30 years.

Second the Star Lube/Sizer is one of the finish pieces equipment, it could have completely gone away when Star closed it doors, instead Magma makes it now. I have problems reading the nmew instructions.

THere is a gun shop that sells reloads im Westerville, Ohio that the owner has his Star set up with pneumatics and other such things well be Magma or Star had made many changes. They worked for him, it cast and sized million of bullets.

I am a PROUD owner of an Original Star!

Jerry

cjensen
08-17-2016, 06:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60P1xG32Feo

MT Chambers
08-17-2016, 11:11 PM
I have an orig. San Diego "highboy" and a couple of current ones and they are equally well made, both ex. quality.

Ole Joe Clarke
08-18-2016, 08:09 AM
We used to call the Industrial Engineer (IE) that hung around the shop, a Imaginary Engineer. :-) Sometimes we had to gently prod them to get em moving in the right direction, and to make them think that they came up with the idea that worked. :-)

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Half Dog
08-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Where I work, every time the engineering department is mentioned people lower and shake their heads.