PDA

View Full Version : Cats and computer wires !

sav300
12-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Cat was bored,so started running around the house as if turbo charged.Into the wires of the computer,been off the net since last friday and today the first day back,bummer.

Yes I was/am suffering withdrawls!

cobroller
12-21-2015, 08:59 AM
I had a cat land on my laptop keyboard several years ago. Hooked several letter caps when pulled off and the Q fell under the deck. Rattlesnake country so I didn't crawl under to get the Q. Did I mention that I am not real fond of cats?

NavyVet1959
12-21-2015, 09:18 AM
So, you cat messed up your CAT5 cable?

echo cat > /dev/null

Beagle333
12-21-2015, 09:34 AM
I haven't had them knock off any computer wires, but I do cat-proof the loading bench at night when finished, just in case one of the "chase routes" goes across the top of the bench. I've picked up enough brass and primers to have been trained to clean up my area before "race time" now. :popcorn:

richhodg66
12-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Funny, a big tom cat adopted us about a month ago, very, very friendly guy, but still has claws and is intact so he lives outside (I built him a very cozy little house, so he's OK in Winter). Anyway, he's been hanging out with me while I reload and do other stuff out in the barn now. All our others are indoors so they never see the reloading room. The big guy who does is very well behaved and just seems to enjoy being around people, kinda nice to have some company at the reloading bench.

bedbugbilly
12-21-2015, 09:44 AM
cobroller . . . didn't your mother ever teach you to "mind your Ps and Qs"? LOL

MrWolf
12-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Probably just looking for the mouse...

Ithaca Gunner
12-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Dogs do it too. I have my desk in a corner with wires running in a mess. Our old Border Collie likes to lay behind my chair and in doing so will pull a wire of two out occasionally and suddenly I got nuthi'n. Look around and there she is laying right on top of the wires. I think I have it "Collie-proof" now, I mounted the strip on the wall beside the desk.

bubba.50
12-21-2015, 12:21 PM
they don't knock the wires loose here but, occasionally one will walk across the keyboard while yer typin' & make things interestin'

when they were younger one of them DID take the word "mouse" seriously & would keep chewin' the cords in two 'til I had to buy some cabl guard to put on it.

OptimusPanda
12-21-2015, 01:40 PM
One of ours seems like to chew on low voltage wires...phone cords, cell phone chargers, the low voltage side of power bricks, USB cables...she seems to know to stay away from 120v though. It isn't unusual to find a chewed up cable a week.

xs11jack
12-21-2015, 08:37 PM
My yellow cat loves to lay on the keyboard and of course everything goes crazy. The keyboard has got to be uncomfortable, what is in it for the cat???
Ole Jack

JWFilips
12-21-2015, 09:17 PM
My Tabby, "Tim" needs to lay between me and the monitor at the most inopportune times! missed a few e-bay snipes because of this: but he know he is loved!
Basically he is blamed for all my misspelling! Once he falls asleep I have a lower profile to deal with! Then I can surf!
But just love the little guy!