PDA

View Full Version : NOE's response

wch
12-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Yesterday I put up a "for sale" ad in a forum called "The Art and Science of Bullet Casting", advertising 3 new and unused NOE molds that I wanted to sell; I have been diagnosed with recurrent or chronic asthma and the Doc forbade casting because of the gases and pollutants I would breathe.

Before anyone else responded Al (Swede) Nelson wrote back and told me that if I would send the molds back to him he would write me a refund check for the retail value of the molds.

If you want the truth, this offer floored me; I have NEVER gotten anywhere near such an offer from any vendor I have dealt with before.

I urge all of you who read this to patronize NOE molds not only because of Swede's action but also because anyone who has used any of NOE's production will tell you of the sterling quality of the products.

wch

GRUMPA
12-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Although I've never had Al offer to buy back my moulds I got from him (Like that'll happen). The amount of quality and attention to detail rivals my own which I really don't see hardly at all. When he gives a dimension or diameter call out on his drawing they are exactly that. In the past I would get the run of the mill mass produced moulds from the larger makers, and those guys don't have anything close to what NOE does.

Every time I get a new mould from NOE within 2 days that mould is producing what I call jewelry.

dg31872
12-16-2015, 10:26 AM
NOE moulds and Al Nelson are both first class. I have spoken with Al on the phone several times and I was always impressed.

5Shot
12-16-2015, 10:26 AM
That's incredible service!

captain-03
12-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Just LOVE my NOE products!!!!!!!!!

RogerDat
12-16-2015, 10:36 AM
With the quality of the product they could probably get away with being rude, cranky, butt heads. Nice that they are not. All I can say after I finally broke the piggy bank and paid for a quality NOE mold is... If the bullets don't drop as easy as promises from a politician lips looking as pretty as your sweetheart in her prom dress you need to ask yourself "what am I doing to screw things up?" because you can be pretty darn sure it ain't the mold.

Artful
12-16-2015, 10:39 AM
AL has been a class act since I first stumbled into this forum many moons ago.
All the NOE products I have purchased have been very well made.
Reminds me of Walter Melander (RIP) when he was running NEI.

John Allen
12-16-2015, 11:12 AM
This is one of the reasons why I only buy NOE molds now.

Hamish
12-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Al Nelson is just a first class act, and runs his business they way that you wish everyone would.

Beagle333
12-16-2015, 11:27 AM
First class.... all the way. :bigsmyl2: I got a shelf full of NOE products and plan on expanding!

jeepyj
12-16-2015, 11:34 AM
That's incredible . I started with my first NOE mould two months ago and I am ever so hooked. Just a great company with incredible products to match. They changed my casting. I never had mould that rain boolits like Al's
Jeepyj

Love Life
12-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Al and NOE moulds are simply amazing. I posted a thumbs up thread for NOE months back about my good customer service experience. That is why 99.99% of my moulds come from NOE. Now, if he'd only start cutting iron, lol.

rockrat
12-16-2015, 12:26 PM
I wonder WHAT gasses and pollutants the Doc was talking about? If you are using a gas setup to cast with, I can see where he is coming from, but an electric pot produces what?

That said, NOE is a class act.

bangerjim
12-16-2015, 01:11 PM
My NOE brass molds are a work of art. He knows how to treat his customers and they will return!

banger

parson48
12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Al's a great guy! He went above and beyond in calling me regarding a small issue. That kind of customer care is rare, indeed!

wch
12-16-2015, 02:46 PM
I wonder WHAT gasses and pollutants the Doc was talking about? If you are using a gas setup to cast with, I can see where he is coming from, but an electric pot produces what?

That said, NOE is a class act.

I have used a gas setup but even when I suggested casting under a safety hood the pulmonologist said "no".

osteodoc08
12-16-2015, 03:02 PM
He's definitely one of the good guys and my NOE molds now outnumber all my others.

Personally speaking, I doubt your doc hasnt a clue about bullet casting and I'd just use a mask and a fan to keep any "vapors" away. But that's just me.

12-16-2015, 03:47 PM
I had a order disappear between the US and Australia, tracking showing different things depending on if you used the US or Aus sites. Contacted Al after about 8 weeks to see if he could find anything out from his end. He advised that he had had international orders take up to 3 months to arrive and asked me to give it a bit longer but offered to replace the moulds if they didn't arrive in 3 months despite my opting for the cheapest postage option and no insurance.
Previous orders had arrived in 10 days, this order did arrive after 10 weeks but showed the type of man Al is and he is prepared to go well beyond what he is required to do to keep customers happy.

hardcase54
12-16-2015, 03:59 PM
After my lobectomy, left lung removed, my Dr told me the same thing.(And she is a caster.) So my grandson and Son-in law do my casting for me.

w5pv
12-16-2015, 04:11 PM
I would get me an gas mask with the proper canister filters and let it rip.

tomme boy
12-16-2015, 04:39 PM
I know what is to get sick and have to give up things.

Good for you Al!

WCH I hope that you get better and that you will able to get back to doing the things you like to do.

wch
12-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Thanks for your good wishes.

Walt

tygar
12-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Yesterday I put up a "for sale" ad in a forum called "The Art and Science of Bullet Casting", advertising 3 new and unused NOE molds that I wanted to sell; I have been diagnosed with recurrent or chronic asthma and the Doc forbade casting because of the gases and pollutants I would breathe.

Before anyone else responded Al (Swede) Nelson wrote back and told me that if I would send the molds back to him he would write me a refund check for the retail value of the molds.

If you want the truth, this offer floored me; I have NEVER gotten anywhere near such an offer from any vendor I have dealt with before.

I urge all of you who read this to patronize NOE molds not only because of Swede's action but also because anyone who has used any of NOE's production will tell you of the sterling quality of the products.

wch

I'm a member of the over $1000 buy group from Swede & am probably closer to 2k, so I have a few of his molds & each & every one are superperfect!!!

But the really amazing thing is that they are relatively inexpensive for such high quality.

Just another reason to buy his molds. Unfortunately, I really have to search for a reason for another mold since I have so many. But, I'm sure I'll find one.

Get better OK!

Blackwater
12-16-2015, 06:43 PM
I only have one NOE mold at present but due to this post, and other factors, it won't be the last. I have one in mind already but will have to wait until after Christmas. Went a little wild this year, and need a little "recovery time." People like this are the kind I prefer to give my business to. BIG time!

Blammer
12-16-2015, 07:04 PM
Top notch guy with top notch stuff to sell.

Just wait till you get a hold of his sizer die set, it is awesome!

BrassMagnet
12-16-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm a member of Al's club, too.
I bet you all thought I only got moulds from S&S!
Al is awesome!

MrWolf
12-16-2015, 11:18 PM
I am only a mamber of the $500 club but once my divorce is over and I move, it is off to the races to get to the $1,000 mark! Nice job Al.

Doggonekid
12-17-2015, 12:01 AM
I just got my first mold from Al. Can't wait to use it. My wife won't let me use it till Christmas. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. It's my first HP 4 cavity mold.

historicfirearms
12-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Another NOE lover here. His shipping is super fast too. This thread made up my mind, I will be buying all my molds from Al from now on. Why put up with poor customer service from foreigners when we have such a great resource here in the USA with NOE?

pjames32
12-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Al has taken good care of me as he has of those who responded. I'll sure buy more NOE molds!
PJ

TXGunNut
12-18-2015, 12:23 AM
Sorry to hear of your health issues, wch, but not surprised by Swede's offer. As noted above Al is a class act and his products are second to none. He's gone the extra mile for me as well, no questions asked. I don't know how many NOE moulds I have but I know I'll be buying another (and another and another) as projects come to the top (or near the top) of my list.
Thanks, Al. I know you lurk here and actions like this will ensure you have a loyal following here not just because of your quality products but because of your dedication to customer satisfaction.

retread
12-18-2015, 01:59 AM
Sorry about your health problems WCH. It is sad when one has to end a great hobby for health reasons. I sympathize with you. At 70 I find myself not able to do some of the things I have loved to do in the past, but if I try the consequences are too much for the reward. I hope you can find another hobby that you will be able too enjoy without aggravating your health problems. That is my prayer for you.

Glad to see Al is such a standup guy. I only have one NOE mold that I bought from another member on the forum but I know now it won't be my last.

Idaho Sharpshooter
12-18-2015, 02:09 AM
I joined the $1000 club a couple years back. I feel I can always call the Swede and get a minute of his time and some good advice.

Rich

CLAYPOOL
12-18-2015, 02:46 AM
Exhaust fan(s) for welding and casting or any thing else with fumes... Key an "EYE" on any and all younger family members including pets...

jonp
12-18-2015, 06:36 AM
I have used a gas setup but even when I suggested casting under a safety hood the pulmonologist said "no".

You need a second opinion. I agree with osteodoc, I doubt your doctor has any idea about casting. He probably thinks your welding. Use a fan and cast.

Remember: Doctors are not infallible. 40X more people die every year through doctor malpractice than by firearms

gsdelong
12-18-2015, 08:42 AM
I to only have good things to say, I had made a mistake on timing and Al took care of it for me.

Greg

opos
01-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Just reading the thread...I have a paralyzed diaphragm on on side so the lung on that side is inoperative...I also have COPD from 30 years of heavy smoking and to complete the perfect triangle I have adult onset asthma...my pulmonary doc is one of the best in the best hospital on the West coast and is a shooter and handloader...I'm forbidden from any form of casting...I wear a mask when shooting indoors and I don't push it...I have approx. 45% of my "predicted" capacity and am borderline for 24/7 oxygen...

The problem with loading is the impurities in the lead mixture...I've really discussed this with the doc and told don't push this one....so I don't. I asked about using a vapor mask (3m type with filters) and again told to leave it alone...I buy my cast (coated) bullets from Missouri and get along fine...

I mention this because often I see and hear things from well meaning "hobbyists" that suggest going against the doc's recommendations...living with the disabilities I do I don't listen to people that are not pulmonologists...sort of like getting your load data from the internet from strangers...very dangerous.

Glad to hear about a vendor that is straight up about things....he didn't have to do that and that will get repaid time and time again...Karma is alive and well.