PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FSReloading

swmass
12-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Recently ordered a lee 125gn 358 mold as well as a .357 sizing from fsreloading. After waiting 4 days I finally received a shipping notice for my order. I then waited another 5 days which I know is out of their control. I received my package today (9 days out from order date) only to find no mold. Rather, a notice saying the item was backordered but they forgot to list it as backordered. Basically... they messed up and I ordered a mold that they did not have in stock although it stated it was in stock. Maybe an e-mail or phone call telling me that they did not have it in stock before they decided to package up my sizing die and ship it off with a note in it, so I can find out once the order has already been shipping would have been nice! Now, nearly 10 days after discovering some problems with my old mold and putting a stop to my reloading operation... I am hunting for a new mold. They did not give me a date as when to expect the item back in stock, and I have sent them an e-mail expressing my disappointment and wishing to cancel the order.

I was also charged 14 dollars to essentially ship a sizing die. FS is located only around 10 hours from me... Very disappointed and wondering if anyone else has had any problems.

I think the fact that I just used my old bullets that were no good to get my pan lubing method down 100%, and am very eager to get out to the range and get my 9mm casting/reloading project back in business is contributing to the disappointment, but I'm still bumming and definitely wont be ordering from them again. Hopefully they will refund my money for the mold quickly.:violin:

dondiego
12-14-2015, 02:03 PM
It's that time of year.

bedbugbilly
12-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear it all worked out that way. I think I'd be a little PO'd as well . . . especially being charged $14.00 for shipping. Did they give any indication of if you'll be charged for the mold shipping when it is finally sent?

I've never dealt with them. I've always purchased Lee items from Titan and Dennis gives very good service. I had a problem with one Lee mold I ordered from Titan - not their fault. It was, I believe, the same one you ordered. When it arrived it gave new meaning to the word "reject". After emails back and forth with Titan and Lee, Lee pretty much told me it was "all my fault as I didn't know how to cast". Hmm . . been doing that for 50 years and I don't see how improper alignment pin installation plus offset cavities could be my fault . . . . . Dennis at Titan was very good about it but I told him to forget it - I'd eat the mold. I was in business for many years and I know how the small businesses end up eating the mugs. mistakes - which is not the way it should be. I've ordered several more from Titan to try the bullet design out and have always asked them after my experience with the faulty mold to please inspect it before they ship it. They always have.

I'm sure the holiday shopping season has left some places short on stock . . . but if they don't have something they should certainly contact you to ask if you want to put it on back order or cancel the order and give you a refund. That's just "good business practices".

Everyone has their "favorite" supplier . . . but I personally like to do business with Titan - they are sponsors here and the service is great. When you go to their site and click on an item, it shows how many are in stock and not just "available". Quick delivery and if there is a problem, they do their utmost best to correct it in a business like manner.

Floydster
12-14-2015, 03:01 PM
I have had excellent service from Titan Reloading over the years, great people.
Floydster

Hickok
12-14-2015, 03:22 PM
I have had excellent service from Titan Reloading over the years, great people.
FloydsterMe too. I ordered a pair of Lee Commercial mold handles from them last Thursday and got them today! Mach Schnell!

jmort
12-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Titan Fan-Boy here. This is the first bad report I have heard about FS.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-14-2015, 03:45 PM
I have had very good luck with fsreloading in the past... and currently as well, considering...

my story:
They offered the New Lee 358-200 RF 6 cavity mold for $22 for a black friday special. I ordered one (and a couple other items) on the 25th(FYI I was only charged $8 shipping and handling, but I am close by, in Minnesota). I got the first email notification right away, acknowledging the order, but I didn't get any other email notifications til Dec.10 and that notification stated items shipped, but sadly, one of the items was listed was wrong...instead of the mold, another item was listed. Luckily I seen that email at 10am that morning, two hours after it was sent. I called them right away. The guy who answered was very friendly and explained a few things, but mostly that they are swamped. He found my package and sure enough, the mold wasn't in there, He pulled a mold and re-packaged my shipment and I received it 2 days later. BTW the mold looks beautiful, but I haven't cast with it yet

Mytmousemalibu
12-14-2015, 05:17 PM
I had an order from FS here about a month ago and paid for priority mail shipping and it took them 8 DAYS to print the shipping label, not even delivered, just the label. I was pissed. My order prior to that took its sweet time too. So I emailed asking for explanation and asking why i paid extra money and this kind of service is the result and stated how this was unexceptable. Customer service replied back just saying they were busy, nothing in the way of an actual apology, no credit back for the expedited shipping, nothing. How hard is it to throw some **** in a box and send out the door. I find it highly unlikely they were that busy that it takes 8 day to get an order shipped and even if they were, how about notifying your customers at a minimum. I've shoped with much busier companies that serve way, way, way bigger customer bases and items shipped the same day. Maybe I'm just standing on my soapbox here but poor service and snide attempts at an apology for the displeasure is enough for me. I have done business with Titan in the past and have good praise for them. I was lured to FS for slightly lower cost but ill pay a few bucks more. FS can go pound sand.

matrixcs
12-14-2015, 05:51 PM
I have used FS a half dozen times with good prices and reasonable service.. Maybe I live a charmed life....

chumly2071
12-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Without any gory details, I had a press order in the middle of October with some serious communication issues. No answering of the phone, and it took a week to get contact by email. I ordered some molds from Titan last week on Friday. They were here today. Will be going to Titan from now on.

swmass
12-14-2015, 09:24 PM
To be fair, I have ordered from them previously with no problems and my money from this mold was back in my checking account in about an hour. Did some digging and found an e-bay store that has a large amount of molds, and it just so happens they have a store front about 30 minutes away from me. Hopefully I just hit the casting/reloading jackpot because these supplies are hard to find in store it seems... especially in my state.

Mitch
12-15-2015, 08:27 PM
I placed an online order from FS on the 6th and asked about my order yesterday.Got this today
We are shipping orders placed on Dec 2 this will be another week … we got overloaded with order over the holidays and having more coming in cannot pack fast enoughGreg
I have ordered from them before and had no problems.Looks like there will be a lot of happy hand loader and casters on Christmas this year.On the other hand my err will likely keep me from casting many boolits with this mold any time soon.Lee casting blocks as stocking stuffers?

Bob

1bluehorse
12-17-2015, 01:12 AM
I'm pretty much back to using MidwayUSA since Larry decided to charge more reasonable shipping rates. Order in the morning, shipped that afternoon. I'd say that's hard to beat. BTW, FRS, for me, has always had very high shipping.

rbuck351
12-18-2015, 04:24 AM
I ordered one of those 358-200 black friday specials some time around Thanksgiving and forgot I had ordered it. It came in Dec 15 which isn't the fastest shipping I've seen but, It's the best casting Lee mold I have ever seen. .358 and round on the bands, nose is .3505 and within a couple tenths of round and it weighs within less than 1gr of being 200 from ww on all 6 boolits and they all fall out with a shake or at worst a light tap.