PDA

View Full Version : Attention all veterans

Bad Water Bill
12-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Veterans get a 5% discount everyday, on everything purchased at Cabelas.

Just found this out today and gladly passing it along.[smilie=s:

leadman
12-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Ask if they will match the 10% discount that Bass Pro gives and they will do so. Sportsmans Warehouse also gives a 5% discount. Many places give vets discounts including Home Depot, Lowe's, Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, many fast food restaurants, and other places. I ask as the business can only say no.

Bad Water Bill
12-06-2015, 12:21 PM
My Home Despot as well as Menards told me NO DISCOUNT.

Their loss because if it is large enough I will gladly drive the 10-15 miles for the discount and the smile on the cashiers face when she says "Thank you for your service."

wcp4570
12-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Home Depot must be a new addition for vet discount. We have a Lowes and HD in town where we shop and they didn't offer the discount when I ask, so Lowes gets most of my business for home improvements. It's not the discounts on small purchases but the gesture and recognizing the vets. Like Bad Water Bill said, ask and the worst you can get is no.

wcp

xs11jack
12-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Bill, my wife and I had trouble at the local Home Depot too, but then we ask to see the store manager and he fell all all over himself to set the cashiers right. Haven't had a problem since. Oh, Lowes and Home Depot will give your wife 10% if she shows them your Veteran ID.
Ole Jack

blademasterii
12-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Some of them will only accept full retirement veterans for the discounts. My father served a few years and got out when his time was up but has the v on his license. Not good enough at lowes. Was just there a week ago and asked about it with him.

leeggen
12-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Blademasterii you should have talked to the manager, it is Lowes policy from the home office to give the discount to all vets retired or just short term.
CD

blademasterii
12-06-2015, 10:41 PM
I'll let my parents know. Thanks.

bdicki
12-06-2015, 10:54 PM
http://guardianofvalor.com/lowes-and-home-depot-military-and-veteran-discounts-explained/

Rick N Bama
12-07-2015, 01:49 PM
Some of them will only accept full retirement veterans for the discounts. My father served a few years and got out when his time was up but has the v on his license. Not good enough at lowes. Was just there a week ago and asked about it with him.

My running buddy has "Veteran" on his DL & gets the discount at Lowe's. I have a Veteran's ID Card and all I do is pull it out and they've yet to actually look at it.

trapper9260
12-07-2015, 02:14 PM
My thing is why do they do not post in there stores that they will do what is stated ,that way no one have to ask.

lefty o
12-07-2015, 02:45 PM
home depot gives vets 10% off, and have been for a few years.

Bad Water Bill
12-07-2015, 03:21 PM
From their site

Lowe’s Military/Veteran Discount Policy

They offer an all day, every day 10 percent discount to all military personnel who are active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans and their family members, with a valid, government-issued military ID card.
All other military veterans will receive the discount on the Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends.
But please remember when asking about the discount, if the employee does not understand, do not make a big deal out of it. Ask to speak with the manager, and have your ID with you. And it must be a valid Government issued ID. It seems sometimes the employees get confused as to which policy a person falls under, which is understandable if they never served. So please be patient and courteous when asking about the discount.
These two companies have offered these discounts to the Military community as a courtesy for your service and sacrifice, it is not something they are required to do by any means.
Remember if you are a Veteran, but not Active, Reserve, Retired or disabled Veteran you are only authorized the discount on the above stated Holidays.
If you Are Active, Reserve, Retired, or a Disabled Veteran with a valid ID you can get the discount any day of the week.
We would like to thank Lowes (http://guardianofvalor.com/lowes-and-home-depot-military-and-veteran-discounts-explained/www.lowes.com), and The Home Depot (http://guardianofvalor.com/lowes-and-home-depot-military-and-veteran-discounts-explained/www.homedepot.com) for thanking our current Military and Veterans with this discount.

leadman
12-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Verizon also gives me a veteran's discount. I am service connected disability but don't recall if Verizon will give this discount to all vets. When I worked for the City of Phoenix Verizon gave me a government employee discount.
I ask at most places as all they can say is no.
I asked at Cabela's for several years and asked a manager that happened to be close by the checkout one day why they did not when Bass Pro and Sportsman Warehouse did. We talked for a little while and he listened I guess because later they started giving the same discount as the SW.

AK Caster
12-07-2015, 08:00 PM
Lowes gives 10% off every purchase. Sometimes HD will give it, sometimes not, depends on the item. Same as Bass Pro, some items yes, some no.

popper
12-07-2015, 08:28 PM
My Dl says vet and no questions asked by Lowes or HD.

retread
12-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Oregon now will print VETERAN on your Driver's license when you renew. You have to bring a copy of your DD214. Thanks for the heads up on the places that give discounts. Could have saved some at Home Depot last Saturday if I had known.

jcwit
12-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Here you go.

http://militarybenefits.info/military-discounts/

http://www.veteransresources.org/military-discounts/#.VmYsnb9PwQ0

Many more, available with a google search.