PDA

View Full Version : Ya ever have one of those days...

armoredman
04-15-2008, 06:00 PM
[smilie=1: I decided, since various things kept me from the range today, that I should give the new Lee .312 160 CTL mould another shot. Several pounds of WW in the Lee pot, vent going, all good. I started up...ouch. I emptied that pot of all 10 pounds of alloy, and got 5useable boolits. All the rest were wrinkled in one way or another. I dipped the mould, played with the heat settings, I guess I am just going to have to get something to Lee-ment it with.
No problem, I have a whole pot full of scrap melting back down, so let's get old faithful, the 124gr TL .356 mould! I got all the safety gear back on, re-fluxed, got the mould ready, and away we go! The reject to good was the exact opposite of the other mould, and I anticipated a easy 150-200 boolits before I had to shut down.

If you want to make the Good Lord laugh, tell him your plans. RIGHT as I got my swing going, my ventilation system died completely. I cast in the garage with door open and fans going, good ventilation...but I won't do it without it. Shutdown. Payday I gotta fix this...dagnabbit.

And when it was all said and done, I have 5 good .312 boolits, and 27 good 124gr .360, that will be sized for 9mm. Well, it's 33 boolits I DIDN'T have!:roll:

bullshot
04-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Bummer--- I hate days like that. Not only not going well but something breaks on top of it.:(

targetshootr
04-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Sounds like the mold never got up to temp. I leave mine on top of a gas stove burner for about 5 minutes.

Scrounger
04-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Does doing your income tax qualify? Just finished it, about an hour on one of those down loadable tax programs, Tax Act, I think. From my hulking $24,000 income, I have the honor of paying just under $1,700 in taxes. And I mean that, I wish my income was 5 times as much, I'd be glad to send them 30%, heck, even 80%, I'd still be better off than I am. There are people who have less, those are the ones I sympathize with.