PDA

View Full Version : Crosman CCP8B2 Vigilante CO2 versus S&W 686

roysha
12-05-2015, 11:58 AM
OK. I'm looking for something to practice with in my shop during the winter months when it is too cold and windy to be shooting outside. As the years go by, I'm beginning to appreciate my creature comforts more and don't feel like battling the elements as I did when I was younger.

The Crosman is $40.00 shipped and the S&W is $280 shipped. I realize that the Crosman is more along the Colt lines and the S&W is virtually a 686 but is there really $240 difference between them, and if so what is it? I have read a lot of reviews and it seems the Crosman comes out quite nicely. Of course so does the S&W. I'm an S&W guy and naturally lean towards the S&W but $240 worth, well, I really need a lot of justification for that.

Does anyone here have hands on experience with either one or both?

grizzlyadams
12-29-2015, 09:37 PM
the crosman is about the best shooting revolver under 100 bucks, in terms of quality though, it does not hold a candle to the S&W which is made in Germany. If you like quality, go with the smith. the older crosman 357 models are nice, but the newer versions keep getting more and more "plasticy"

Silverboolit
12-30-2015, 06:03 PM
If you are interested in a single shot, check out the Crossman Custom Shop on the internet. I have one and it is a shooter! You can customize when ordered.

grizzlyadams
01-04-2016, 11:42 AM
i would have to agree with silver. i have 3 of the crosmans and they all shoot great, plus they can be heavily modified for power. i have two of mine set up for hunting

grizzlyadams
01-13-2016, 07:32 AM
another one to check out is the gamo pr776. better quality than the crosman. sportsmans guide has them for 99 bucks right now in their shooting catalog