PDA

View Full Version : .54 cal TC maxi ball mold

54bore
12-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have a .54 cal TC maxi ball bullet mold they would be willing sell? My father gifted me an old .54 caliber TC muzzleloader along with all the supplies to clean and shoot it, also a small bottle with some bullets that a very close friend of ours had poured some years back, our friend had a heart attack and died a few years ago, I can't bring myself to shoot those few bullets. The mold he used was a TC maxi ball and I would be thrilled to find one! I posted this in the Wanted to buy section as well, I live in Priest River Idaho. Thank you guys

tradbear55
12-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Too, bad your muzzleloader wasn't a .50 cal. I have one in .50. Good luck.

dondiego
12-04-2015, 12:57 PM
You might try E-bay and Gunbroker too.

rfd
12-04-2015, 12:57 PM
here ya go, but not cheap!

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun.cfm?ProductID=1424&do=detail&Cat2Option=no

Gofaaast
12-04-2015, 01:02 PM
One will turn up. I remember seeing one on here a few months back. In the off season evil bay usually has a few come up $50-90 just depends.

newton
12-04-2015, 01:26 PM
I have one. I had not planned on parting with it, but I can. I saw your post in the WTB section and almost said something, but it seems your truly wanting one so I don't want to be stingy. I have not used it for a few years and have another .54 mold if I ever do break out my 54 again.

54bore
12-04-2015, 02:06 PM
I have one. I had not planned on parting with it, but I can. I saw your post in the WTB section and almost said something, but it seems your truly wanting one so I don't want to be stingy. I have not used it for a few years and have another .54 mold if I ever do break out my 54 again.

I just sent you a pm and email as well, if you sell it to me I would gladly send it back to you to use if you decide to break your .54 back out, I am really excited to tell my dad I found a mold!! I am 43 years old and have been reloading center fire since I was 15 or 16, I have never casted bullets before nor has my dad, he has a lead pot and a bunch of pure lead so I'm sure we can figure it out. What handles would you recommend? Thank you, Lewis

newton
12-04-2015, 03:54 PM
I just sent you a pm and email as well, if you sell it to me I would gladly send it back to you to use if you decide to break your .54 back out, I am really excited to tell my dad I found a mold!! I am 43 years old and have been reloading center fire since I was 15 or 16, I have never casted bullets before nor has my dad, he has a lead pot and a bunch of pure lead so I'm sure we can figure it out. What handles would you recommend? Thank you, Lewis

It would be easy to set up casting for a muzzle loader. In fact, the 54 is what I started my casting downhill slide on.

I am not sure on the handles. I honestly cannot remember what handles I have. They are either Lyman or RCBS.

mooman76
12-04-2015, 04:15 PM
The Lee 6 cavity handles will work. They are inexpensive but well made.

bubba.50
12-04-2015, 04:58 PM

T/C handles are basically just copies of Lyman's.

54bore
12-04-2015, 08:09 PM
There sure is a big difference in price of the mold handles from lee to lyman, is there that much difference between them?

Kylongrifle
12-04-2015, 09:46 PM
When you get them friend, hold on to them. I had a set of .45,.50 and .54 cal maxi ball and some rarer maxi hunter molds..I got really stupid and sold them last year..Im now in the process of trying to find them back..They get higher every year..

mooman76
12-05-2015, 10:07 AM
There sure is a big difference in price of the mold handles from lee to lyman, is there that much difference between them?

There are small differences but they basically work the same. The Lee are a little longer but also work on the 2 cavity moulds and the Lee 6 cavity moulds. In my opinion,, a very good value. I have several and have the Lymans too.

rfd
12-05-2015, 10:14 AM
+1 ... those large lee's are the best value, and fit a variety of diff'rent brand mould blocks, or could be modded to fit most other mould blocks.

54bore
12-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Thank you guys, I ordered the lee 6 cavity handles from midway USA

paraord
12-09-2015, 09:00 AM
54 bore, you beat me by a few days haha. I was gonna post the same thing for my .54 renegade. Dont mean to hijack but does anyone else have one they could part with? I love my 54, casting 530 round balls is easy but I'd love to have the option for the tc maxiball, see how they do out of this renegade.