PDA

View Full Version : Ugh Tech layoffs for Houston

DerekP Houston
12-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Well unfortunately I made the list and will now be on here even more.....

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Sorry to hear that and I wish the best for you.

BUT, Everytime I have left a job (for whatever reason), I always stumbled into something better.
Keep your ears and eyes open.

DerekP Houston
12-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks JonB, just trying to vent my frustrations before my mouth gets me in trouble in person.

MaryB
12-04-2015, 01:11 AM
But the economy is doing great! Everyone is employed and rich! Oh wait that is Obama's fantasy land!

What tech field? I can keep my eyes open and I have a friend over in Odessa who can look too.

FISH4BUGS
12-04-2015, 07:37 AM
I got laid off in my tech job in 1982 (yes they had computers back then). I figured that it was time to try my own thing.....that was 33 years ago.....it has been a fun way to make a living. If you have a marketable skill, you might want to try working for yourself.
The easiest part of that is actually doing the work - the hardest part is convincing people they should pay you to do the work.
Consider working for yoursself.

William Yanda
12-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Join the club. Aug 7th I was laid off due to "lack of work". I had been an installer for a Playground company for 13 years. If you thought finding a job after 50 is difficult, try at 67. Currently working 2 days a week as an installer again. This time for a Lifeline provider. Better fit at my age as digging holes and heavy lifting are a couple of things I'm just as happy to be looking back on.
Regards
Bill