PDA

View Full Version : Printing Boolits??

Grantb
12-02-2015, 09:39 PM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/02/3d-printing-9mm-bullets-subsonic-and-supersonic-loads/

Interesting, but I will keep casting with lead.

bangerjim
12-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Interesting!

Buying a good 3D printer, materials and software/digital models to print boolits is no different than the guys that spend close to $2,000 or more to buy all the swaging stuff (press/dies/materials) to make jacketed boolits out of 22LR cases! $2,000 buys a LOT of commercial 223 slugs! More than I would ever shoot in a lifetime.

To each his one.

banger

gwpercle
12-03-2015, 02:26 PM
3-D print a gun, then 3-D print the ammo....ain't technology wonderful !

bedbugbilly
12-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm old and I don't understand all this 3D printing technology . . . but if I understand it correctly, you can use the printer to actually make 3D things . . . right? I just might look in to getting one . . . the heck with printing boolits and that kind of stuff. My first project will be a 5'6" Red Head with measurements meeting my specs, . . . not SAAMI specs.! In fact . . . I just may print up a number or 'em in different hair colors . . . just to keep things interesting!

waco
12-03-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm old and I don't understand all this 3D printing technology . . . but if I understand it correctly, you can use the printer to actually make 3D things . . . right? I just might look in to getting one . . . the heck with printing boolits and that kind of stuff. My first project will be a 5'6" Red Head with measurements meeting my specs, . . . not SAAMI specs.! In fact . . . I just may print up a number or 'em in different hair colors . . . just to keep things interesting!

If I did that I'm pretty sure my wife would print up some 3-D Divorce papers along with a 3-D attorney! :shock:

csatrustburg
12-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Wow just had a real good laugh! Now your thinking!

Grump
12-04-2015, 03:41 AM

Well not too many years ago I saw a TV show where a woman uploaded her mental self into a server just before being killt, and then when her friends finally figgered out she was inside the network, they 3-D printed a new duplicate body for her. Then downloaded her conscienceness into the newly-manufactured chassis.

The next episode mentioned the paperwork hassles of making a person legally alive AFTER a valid death certificate had been issued.

I think she was a fairly cute redhead, by the way...with a little goofiness or something in the look, enough to make it still have some exotic appeal.

minmax
12-04-2015, 04:07 AM
I with the Red Head, forget the other colors.

jkl1861
12-04-2015, 01:44 PM
... they 3-D printed a new duplicate body for her. Then downloaded her conscienceness ...

Does that work the other way around? I have a few co-workers that I'd like to print new personalities for.....

mdi
12-04-2015, 02:17 PM
If I did that I'm pretty sure my wife would print up some 3-D Divorce papers along with a 3-D attorney! :shock:
Or a 3-D club!

Garyshome
12-04-2015, 02:17 PM

Now that's really good.

Garyshome
12-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Actually I would rather have a mill and a lathe.
And a couple of 80% lowers

Maximumbob54
12-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Reminds me of Gloolits. But I'm thinking it's easier to just injection mold a plastic bullet.

bangerjim
12-04-2015, 02:41 PM
HMG boolits are easy to cast! I do it all the time.........using my standard molds.

Rooster
12-04-2015, 10:13 PM
You could print a cup holder on her back for ease of use too. :shock: