PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 44 stock template

labradigger1
11-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know of a source for butstock and forearm templates? I bought a 44 action in 25-20 ss but no wood. Even an outline tracing would suffice.
Thanks, Lab

shooter93
11-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Paul Shuttleworth at CPA Rifles and also Treebone carving. You can get a stock or Treebone will cut your wood. I would imagine they would give you a tracing if you want to make it yourself.

KCSO
11-30-2015, 09:40 PM
The cheap way... Find a photo on the internet and print it out on your computer as big as you can. Lay the photo on graph paper and measure an action part you know the length of... then you have the basis for determining al the other dimensions. I did a Burnside stock this way years ago and came within 1/16" of an inch of a factory stock.

bedbugbilly
12-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Pecatonica River lists replacement stocks for the Stevens 44 (and several other models) in their catalog. Before you go to all the work of carving one out, you might want to check with them. They are located in Rockford, IL. Phone: 815-968-1995. I don't remember if they show them on their website or not but you might Google them and see.

If you aren't familiar with them - they make pre-carved stocks for muzzle loading rifles - sell kits - parts, etc. for ML. Good folks to deal with.

labradigger1
12-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the replies thus far. I am looking forward to making the stocks myself. I enjoy it.
Keep em coming fellas

Chev. William
12-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Around Here "Kinko's" copy centers have 'Engineering' Printers that can scale Drawing/photo copies to Match Your dimension. I have used them to reproduce old Shrunken Drawings back at their Original Sizes by comparing dimensions to Measured distances on the Drawing and adjusting accordingly.
Best Regards,
Chev. William