PDA

View Full Version : Clean Shot powder

11-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Bought a can of Shooters World Clean Shot a couple days ago while getting some Bullseye. Loaded about 200 Lee TL .358 WC. The smallest Lee disc is .30 drops 2.7 gr. So far I really like this stuff. Very fine ball powder and meters nicely.

Tatume
11-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Sounds good. Maybe you could shoot 10 five-shot groups, 5 with Bullseye and 5 with Clean Shot, and share the outcome?

12-02-2015, 05:59 AM
I'll try to do that.

Hickok
12-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Been several years back, I bought a couple of pounds of American Pioneer "Clean Shot" It worked real nice while it was new. Loaded up some to target practice about two years later, and it had lost a lot of its power. It had gotten real weak. Groups had turned into patterns. Cans were good and tight, so moisture should not have been a problem. Tried the un-opened can, and it was the same, degraded.

It had a grey looking appearance, and granular shape. Reminded me of weld slag in appearance.

Maybe some one else knows something about this. It may have gotten better, as this was some years ago.

Just don't want you to have a squib load.

Jtarm
12-06-2015, 08:45 PM
I just tried some today in .38 special behind a MiHec wadcutter. Shows potential, especially since I can't find BE. And it's cheaper.

12-28-2015, 09:49 AM
had a little time yesterday took my daughter to the indoor range. Also some Speer 148 HBWC loaded in new Winchester brass. 100 loaded with 2.8 Bullseye and 100 with 3 gr. Clean Shot. Both use the smallest chamber of the Lee auto Dist measure. Bullseye would very a little 2.8 2.7. The Clean Shot is finer and measured 3 gr. every time. At the range i spent most of the time working with my girl. Have no idea what FPS they were running but both loads would chew a ragged hole at 10 yards standing. I was shooting a 4.2 inch Ruger SP101 a buddy shot some in a 5 inch GP 100. The Clean Shot is cleaned than the Bullseye. Can't say it shoots better but it is good stuff I'll buy more. Also this was my first time with the Speer 148 HBWC great little bullet. And really like the SP101 with Houge grips trigger job and a wolf sping kit. I have shot a lot of double action but when I first got this gun DA was really bad. Shes a shooter now. I did run the target out to 25 yards and head shots on a half sized target were eazy.