PDA

View Full Version : would you believe this happened in the U.S.

xs11jack
11-21-2015, 02:29 PM
A love-struck man paid over $700,000 to a fraudulent psychic who promised to reunite him with his deceased lover by buying a time machine and building a bridge of gold to help fight the evil that was separating the kindred spirits. For 20 months, the Los Angeles Times reports (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-la-man-fortune-teller-20151118-story.html#nt=outfit), a desperate and naive Niall Rice paid Priscilla Kelly Delmaro hundreds of thousands of dollars–and continued to pay her even after finding out that his love Michelle–a woman who no longer reciprocated Rice’s affections–had died in 2014.
According to the Times, Delmaro reportedly told Rice that one of the women he was dating was a reincarnation of his lost love.
It was only after a final hefty payout of $140,000 to the now “broke and homeless” Delmaro, the Times reports, that Rice began having doubts and hired a private investigator, Bob Nygaard, who is an expert in tracking down fortune tellers and psychics accused of fraud.
Delmaro was arrested on May 28 this year when Nygaard tracked her to the popular Beverly Hills steakhouse Mastro’s after receiving a tip.

Priscilla Kelly Delmaro and Bobby Evans arrested by NYPD after I tracked them to Mastro’s based on a tip from a C.I. pic.twitter.com/l1of29OfGT (http://t.co/l1of29OfGT)
— Bob Nygaard (@buncopi) May 28, 2015 (https://twitter.com/buncopi/status/604003205916299264)
According to the Times, Delmaro pleaded guilty of grand larceny in the fourth degree on Tuesday–a felony that carries no minimum jail term.
“It’s not a crime to be gullible, but it’s a crime to steal from a gullible person,” Nygaard told the Times.
Delmaro and Rice had also briefly dated, apparently. The Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113747/New-York-man-says-fortuneteller-scammed-fortune.html#ixzz3ryOwbdNJ) reports that Rice also used another psychic in 2013, to whom he paid $150,000–including a diamond ring from Tiffany’s and $30,000 for a Rolex watch to cleanse him of his sins. The psychic reportedly never gave Nygaard the ring back.

starmac
11-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Easy money, sounds to me like the guy wanted to give it away. He has more problems than just being a little gullible.

nvbirdman
11-21-2015, 02:53 PM
I'd like to sell him some oceanfront property that I happen to own in Arizona.

starmac
11-21-2015, 03:05 PM
I knew a lady that had a horse, basically a pet as she never rode it. Anyway she had a shrink come spend an hour, twice a week with the horse. At a hundred bucks a pop, I ask her what the horse was telling him and she told me that first he would tell her, but after a few months he had to quit telling her what they talked about, BECAUSE the horse got mad that he was telling her his secrets. Sounded like a con man to my way of thinking, but the lady thought he was legitimate and was happy as a clam to be helping her horse with it's mental problems. lol

Maven
11-21-2015, 03:22 PM
Comedian Bill White is right, You can't fix stupid!!!

gray wolf
11-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Yes I would

jcwit
11-21-2015, 05:53 PM
In todays world, yes I'd believe anything.

starmac
11-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Nothing to do with todays world, these things have been going on since the beginning of time. lol

bedbugbilly
11-21-2015, 08:00 PM
Yes I can believe it and very easily. What's the saying? "There's a sucker born every minute."

How much different is that than those who give money to the "Fund Me" racket that's on the internet?

Or . . how much different than those of us who have always worked and paid taxes, etc. funding those who don't want to work because they are "entitled"? There are always those out there who are more than willing to take the money of those who are willing to give it to them. . . .

472x1B/A
11-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Nothing to do with todays world, these things have been going on since the beginning of time. lol

I'd love to see how caveman Bob outdid caveman Bill and they outdid cavegirl Jill.

rondog
11-21-2015, 09:00 PM
I keep saying, P.T. Barnum had a point.....

bdicki
11-21-2015, 10:24 PM
Comedian Bill White is right, You can't fix stupid!!!

Ron White
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDvQ77JP8nw

JWFilips
11-21-2015, 10:24 PM
Oh, I though you meant The US elected obama!:shock:

Newtire
11-22-2015, 04:49 AM
I just sent off $ 20,000 to a guy to get in on a class on reincarnation before they were sold out. I thought it was alot of $ but it's really like the guy told me. " C'mon & go for it , you only live once you know!"

jsizemore
11-22-2015, 09:43 AM
There was a local news report about a fella that spent all his money for a house down payment on a kidney transplant for his over 10 year old cat. The kicker is that he had to adopt the cat from the pound that donated the kidney.

MrWolf
11-22-2015, 11:04 AM
You should hear some of the stories that my residents have encountered in our APS (Adult Protective Services) program. Scum prey on the elderly who cannot realy think rationally for themselves.