PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh Dixie Classic

jonp
11-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Here now. Much powder on sale of all types. Lots of Universal. Got some Trailboss $18/lb. Even saw some Tin Star @ $25/lb. Found some hp-38 @ $19.99.

Anyone heard of a 6.5x55 Swiss Husky?

Mk42gunner
11-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Prices remind me of eight or ten years ago.

I have not heard of a 6.5x55 Swiss Husky, but there are a whole bunch of 6.5x55 Swedish Husqvarna's out there.

Robert

jonp
11-21-2015, 06:37 PM
Nah, not sure what a 6.5x55 Swiss is. I just looked at the guy and made a comment that if I was selling guns at a gunshow I'd make sure they were labled right.

The powder was pretty good priced. About everything including 8lb jugs of Unique and 2400 but as before not much dedicated pistol powder like 231, etc. HS-6, hp-38. There was some Power Pistol but I don't use that. No blue dot.

The prices on firearms especially the black plastic stuff seems to have come down quite a bit. Very few revolvers and what was there was pricey. The used S&W's I think they have gotten confused with Colt's. A Model 17 without the box for $895? Cheaper online.

One guy was selling reloads in old calibers like 45-60, 50-90 etc. I saw a couple of boxes of 43 Spanish so stopped. I asked him what alloy he was using and he said "ww and Pb."
"Ok, what bhn was it coming out as"? He didn't know but it was pretty soft.
"What powder are you using"?
"I don't remember but it's ok".
"Ok for what pressure"?
"Regular guns"
Yeah, word to the wise: never buy ammo from someone that has no idea what they loaded especially a dealer at a gunshow.

Primers were not cheap although I did see some Wolf SMP for about $19/1k if you bought 5k so that was not that bad. Others like CCI and Win were $35-40/1k.

Saw a few cases of Nagant's. Typical import stuff in good shape but at $200+ each I wasn't interested.

Calamity Jake
11-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Husky, short for Husqvarna, there the same rifle.

Like people around my neck of the woods calling a shotgun a shoty!!!! WHAT!!!!????