PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from theperfessor? MIA

swheeler
11-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Anyone have a phone number for Keith so I can text him? Any idea what he is up to, doesn't respond to pm's or email? Hope everything is OK with him!

swheeler
11-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Another member provided a link to a three month old thread asking about Keith. I hope everything is fine with him, I'll wait a while longer for a reply.

tomme boy
11-18-2015, 03:44 AM
I have sent him a couple emails and never heard back. So, I think he has given up on this site.

michiganmike
11-18-2015, 03:11 PM
When I began casting in earnest I used castboolits a lot. And I have learned much. The good information I have acquired includes the merits of BLL, how to improve my refining of wheel weights, the need for a large refining pot to get a more homogeneous, batch to batch product, the merits of the turkey fryer as a great heat source, etc.

I am still a regular reader and contribute occasionally. But I am finding that I show up less frequently than I used to. I have a reliable source for WW. I know what works for me. I cast and reload for only three rifles. The cast bullets I make and load are accurate. Much of the posts don't pertain to my needs.

There are no plans in the works to follow Keith's (the perfessor's) lead. (See tomme boy's post.) But I am finding that more and more many of the posts don't apply to my situation. So, no plans to leave, but increasingly less need to scan the posts as I once did.

MichiganMike

bangerjim
11-18-2015, 03:20 PM
1st thing I do when I wake up my iPad in the morning is check company emails and then this site! Tons of info. I really do not care about a lot of it, but it is called "education". I have learned a lot about BP, swaging, and stuff I will probably never do. But I read it here. And I will NEVER have enough guns or molds! Much to the wife's chagrin!

"The day I quit learning things is the day they nail the lid on the coffin!"

Daily visits (many times multiple ones) just give me a break from the normal business routine, customer calls, orders, and emails.

bangerjim

rodsvet
11-18-2015, 04:56 PM
Just when I think I've heard, read, or done it all, this site shows me there is always something new to learn. Rod

Catshooter
11-18-2015, 11:52 PM
Shortly after Keith was away from the site for a bit, I PMed him as I needed some of his products. He emailed me back and said he was taking a bit of a break from the site - maybe a week or so. And he would see to my needs. This was months ago.

Never heard from him again. I am fairly certain he has had a major issue of some sort that is keeping him away. I don't think he'd be gone this long without a really serious issues keeping him away.

I hope that what ever it is he surmounts it and returns here. He's a good guy and we need more like him.

Cat

bruce381
11-19-2015, 12:27 AM
some times life get in your way i guess

SSGOldfart
11-19-2015, 01:17 AM
some times life get in your way i guess
Yes Sir even when you don't want it to,it has a way of slipping up on you!!!!!!!!