PDA

View Full Version : Powder....Powder.....Powder

buckwheatpaul
11-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Been making the rounds of NE Texas and seems like primers and powder is getting more and more available....just the cost .... Powder is $28 - 30 per pound...guess that the haz maz fee is the gift that just keeps giving!

xs11jack
11-16-2015, 08:57 PM
buckwheatpaul, this price for powder is like any other commodity, once the price has increased due to shortage, it never comes down again.
Ole Jack

Handloader109
11-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Was at the Tulsa gun show Sunday, lots of powder, at least 5 big vendors, most was $24-26 in one pound containers, less in 8 pound. Primers as low as $29, so not to expensive. I didn't buy, have plenty for a good while.

lefty o
11-17-2015, 01:16 PM
i think your still getting bent over a little. powders start at about $22 here, and go up.

OptimusPanda
11-17-2015, 01:47 PM
Supplies here have been freeing back up too. Just recently I got an 8# jug of varget for $180. Single pounds are going for 22-28 depending. Over the last couple months I've seen a few 4# jugs of clays and one of unique.

paul h
11-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Hopefully the shipping costs don't hit me too hard, but I just ordered from powder valley. I think with shipping it should work out to $20-21/lb for six kegs of powder.

I've been trying to find handgun powders locally but literally in the past couple years I've found one 14 oz jug of 700-X and two pounders of WSF and that's it. I don't mind paying $25-30/lb, but that doesn't matter when nobody has powder in stock.

mrrch
11-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Powders went from $35 to $45 up here in Canada

kiwi
11-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Lucky buggers, it's $69.00 in New Zealand if it can be found

tommag
11-20-2015, 12:53 AM
I bought some 322 today for $30. Much higher than the last time I bought it, but have been out for a while.

bedbugbilly
11-20-2015, 11:10 PM
I stopped at a LGS (MI) a week ago to see if I could get a pound of Bulls Eye and a pound of Red Dot. The store is known for being "higher" on their prices but since I was there and it would have been a 20 + mile drive one way to the store I usually get it at, I figured I would just pick it up. Well . . the last I bought there was around $22 / pound. They didn't have the Red Dot so I got a pound of Green Dot instead. The guy said they had several 8 pd. jugs of Red Dot. "How much I ask?" and he said it was $150 for the 8 pound jug. Well .. . 8 into 150 is less than 20. So I just figured that the 1 pounders would still be the $22 as I had been charged before. Imagine my surprise when I checked out and the 1 pound of BE and GD were $24.99 each. Primers were still the $34/1K that they have been at that store for the past year. But . . . at least their shelf was pretty well stocked in a variety as they had gotten their powder order in the day before.

RogerDat
11-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Cabela's shows powder in stock but then they also have higher prices than most places. Some of the other online suppliers have lower prices than the shows by a little bit but throw in the hazmat fees and shipping and it takes a pretty big order to beat the $25 or so per pound I'm paying at the gun shows.

Today I was at the Mason Gun show going on this weekend and Jerry Voorhees / Reloaders World was there with a good assortment of pistol and rifle powders, including some 8# jugs. I held in these hands an actual 8# jug of Titegroup. I thought it was a pretty special moment, glad I took a selfie. :-)

The main powder not in evidence was Alliant but otherwise things were looking pretty good. Heck I even saw .22 for $43 for 500 rounds. Not great but certainly less than the major scalper prices from the recent past. I also saw a sign behind a big spread of .22's that said "Make Reasonable Offer" brought a smile to my face to think that big pile of scalper profit was fading fast in value.

SSGOldfart
11-21-2015, 12:48 AM
Buckwheat Paul it's the Same a little south of you what I've found is it's no longer the same price across the board,pistol powder is running a little higher than rifle powder.seeing how some is dual purpose it's up to the vendors and how well he knows his business as to what they charge.