PDA

View Full Version : East bound and down!

Goatwhiskers
11-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Folks here in the South know what I mean, Blue Bell ice cream had their troubles and has been pretty much unobtainable. Back now, but Louisiana is supposed to be last on the list to get it back. SWMBO went to Texas over the weekend to see our daughter, smuggled in seven 1/2gal containers on the return trip, damn but it's good!! Had a big bowl for supper last nite. GW

farmerjim
11-16-2015, 09:39 AM
I know where you live.

Kent Fowler
11-16-2015, 11:53 AM
We're still waiting for it here in South Texas. Can't understand why the Okies got it before us.:p We did get a small reprieve a while back as my oldest daughter's conscience finally got to her and she admitted "finding" 3 half gallons of Home Made Vanilla she had "forgotten about" in her freezer. She claimed they were hiding behind the brussels sprouts. It took me a while to pry her fingers off the container when she handed it to me.

Goatwhiskers
11-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Kent, can't imagine why. This was in Temple, WM had a huge freezer section full. Jim, just bear in mind I'm not a stable person. Mine! Mine! GW

rockrat
11-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Brought some of the Homemade Vanilla home from Oklahoma. I love their strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Have to go to Denver area to get it as it is not carried over on the West side of the continental divide. Figured front range wouldn't have any in yet.

bedbugbilly
11-16-2015, 02:34 PM
We have a neighbor in AZ where we winter who raves about it . . . it isn't ice cream unless it's Blue Bell! We've had it at their house for dessert a couple of times . . . good stuff! We aren't big ice cream people . . I have to watch it due to the diabetes . . . but I will admit . . it is GOOOOOOOD!

Glad it's back on the shelves and hopefully those of you who are "Blue Bell addicts" but don't have it yet will get it soon!

farmerjim
11-16-2015, 02:50 PM
I will not eat any ice cream till Blue Bell is back. As a diabetic, I eat their no sugar added. It is much better than the others with sugar.

Circuit Rider
11-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Quit eating it when they started using high fructose corn syrup. Won't again until they go back to sugar. Refined sugar isn't good for us but it's better than HFCS or sucralose or the other chemicals used as sweetners. CR

jcwit
11-16-2015, 07:59 PM
Right, that's why we're living longer than ever.

xdmalder
11-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Right, that's why we're living longer than ever.
You again

jcwit
11-16-2015, 08:44 PM
You again, somehow I knew you'd show up.

But then there is a reason you're on my ignore list.

xs11jack
11-16-2015, 08:49 PM
My bro-in-law lives on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain, I vell call him, ve vill find you!!!!
Ole Jack