PDA

View Full Version : A Re Introduction ez4545

ez4545
11-09-2015, 12:30 PM
It has been a while. I used to visit and read a lot a while back. Then "life" happened.

At that time, I believe we had finally discussed all that could possibly be said about IMR 7383 at the time and then some :veryconfu

We were also gathering prayers for our good friend doc from "up" in Tennessee who was fighting his battle with cancer.

I did get in on one of the best group buys ever from Lee precision. I now had a mold for my .223 savage rifle which led to a 2nd mold from Lyman and then more

At any rate I was going great guns with my casting and shooting. I already had some of the ailments most guys get around middle age, but now I think I should call myself a survivor among the many here that have beat cancer too !!

I'm in my 3rd year since radiation and my Doc says my numbers are good and we now can do check ups 2x a year!

At any rate, I am setting up a new bench again for my shooting hobbies. this time on a smaller scale.

I Started pulling out my molds,scales, presses and other gear to set up and I really didn't realize how much STUFF I have put together over the years. You know how it goes!!!

I'll bet I'm not the only one that has found a lyman or belding and mull powder measure or a bonanza measure at a estate sale and found it impossible to resist ! !

Next spring I will be one step closer to real retirement and I am going to shoot and cast when I'm not fishing. I'll be working one day a week for about a year or so.

I first found this site when I was looking for data on cast boolit loads for old military bolt rifles. This led to fun researching reduced loads for cast boolits in retired military bolt action rifles. After reading here for a year or so, I joined in 2007

It is good to come back and see this great site is still alive and well!!

Bill in Ga

Mk42gunner
11-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Welcome back, Bill.

I know exactly what you mean about the Lyman powder measures at estate sales (and various presses, molds, etc.).

My last estate auction haul included a Lyman labeled tubing micrometer and an RCBS 32-98-SWC mold, with handles.

Robert

jsizemore
11-09-2015, 02:04 PM
We've lost a few and gained a bunch. You might want to familiarize yourself with the current rules. Glad your back.

runfiverun
11-09-2015, 09:20 PM
well LEE is out and NOE and Mihec is in.
the turn around times have improved but not nearly as much as the molds.

Hogtamer
11-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Good on ya Bill from another Georgian.

lightman
11-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Welcome Back! Congrats on beating the big "C". Now, get out there and score some lead and do some casting.