PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what's the odds????

oldred
11-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Twilight Zone time!

I attempted to call a buddy of mine this morning and accidentally dialed the wrong number (Cell Phone), when the party answered I immediately recognized my FIL's voice and he was even more surprised than me! His first question was "how did you get this number", a good question since he had just gotten that phone and had not given the number to anyone! Comparing the number to the one I meant to dial there was a two digit difference and I had somehow managed to accidentally hit both of those instead of the very familiar number I had dialed a bunch of times in the past, then that wrong number connected me to to my FIL's brand new number many miles away that he had not yet given anyone!

This has nothing to do with anything I suppose but I just found it to be kind of spooky and thought I would post it.

DCP
11-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Whats a FIL?

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-09-2015, 12:47 PM
Father In Law

oldred
11-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Very surprised Father-In-Law in this case! He had gotten that phone specifically to keep it private and the number was to be given only to a select few which he had not gotten around to doing yet, then less than 48 hours later without telling anyone the number he gets a call from me!

I think maybe I will go out today and buy some PowerBall tickets!

dolang1
11-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Tell your FIL that his all knowing SIL will continue to monitor his every move.

JSnover
11-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Reminds me of the old joke about "two tickets to Pittsburgh."

Hogtamer
11-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Man, thought for a sec you were gonna say he'd been dead for two years....

starmac
11-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Too funny.

Probably about 35 years ago, I was working out of town, and called my wife collect, After haveing quite a few in the local bar. We had a pretty spicy conversation for several minutes, before I got to thinking, this doesn't sound like my wife. I finally ask her who she was, and why she accepted a collect call from me.
Now My first name is Milton, not a real common name, but she thought I was another Milton. I happenned to know this other guy from when I was in grade school, he was a baldheaded, I'm talking SLICK, 40 something old back when I was 10 or 12. I got a huge laugh, and told her no, I even had hair on my head. A few months later she took another collect call from me, but this time I was sober and knew it right away. lol Her number must have been real close to mine.