PDA

View Full Version : Is it the end of an era?

beagle
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I was in town the other day and waiting for the wife to browse a "gift" shop and lo and behold, here's a tire store next door so I proceeded to light up my pipe and cruise the lot for WWs.

Got to talking with one of the employees working on a trailer in the back of the lot...about WWs and the availability thereof.

He carried me inside and showed me what was "new".

One was a gray plastic WW that looked like a WW but was sand filled.

The other was a stip of composite material that looked like epoxy embedded with some kind of material like steel particles or magnetic particles. I saw no attaching clip so I expect it was magnetic. Was about 1/4" X 1" and came in strip form and was cut to length dependent on weight needed.

At any rate, I went away with a few "real" WWs in my pockets and an education in what the EPA dummies are trying to force upon us good old honest bullet casters.

I sincerely hope that both designs fail miserably./beagle

Cherokee
04-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Bad news..

compass will
04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Personally, I use centramatic balancers on my dodge ram. They work great. In fact I has saved the wheel weights I took off, and just made boolets out of them!

http://www.centramatic.com/New_Catalog/img/400_3.jpg

beagle
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
All I can say is the EPA is trying they're damndest to put us out of business.

Of course, there's loads of lead from other applications and that will keep us alive for a while./beagle

jack19512
04-11-2008, 09:51 PM
"Is it the end of an era? "

Sadly yes. :(

hotwheelz
04-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Well they havent hit around here yet......
I have gotten almost a ton before smelting in the past 2 months plan on stock piling as much as possible while they last but what used to cost a half rack of beer has turned into a case and a $20 spot. I fgure if i can lay in about 10 tons it should cover my habits for the time I have left....:castmine:

beagle
04-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I'd say the good old WWs as we know them will be coming in for 5 years more or so....../beagle

montana_charlie
04-12-2008, 11:32 AM
I saw no attaching clip so I expect it was magnetic.
Ever see those hubcaps that come off from hitting a curb, or taking a corner too fast?

Imagine the speed a 'magnetic wheel weight' can attain when flung from a 75 mph wheel that hits a pothole.

It could probably kill a Condor...
CM

beagle
04-12-2008, 11:46 AM
How about maybe a liberal????/beagle