PDA

View Full Version : Gun shops closing in kommiefornia

GOPHER SLAYER
11-06-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't know if you people in other states heard about the law coming into effect on Jan 1st but it is about as stupid as it can be. The law requires that all semi auto pistols have an ID# on the tip of the firing pin. Their stupid reasoning being that they can trace the empty cases by the number. I know what you are thinking. Why all the bad guy has to do is file off the number with a finger nail file. The problem is the anti gun dingbats who run this state want to close gun shops and it is doing just that. The gun MFG said they will not even try to comply with the new law. If you want an auto pistol and you live in this state you best buy it now. The LGS that I usually go to is closing at the end of December. I heard on the news two days ago that Grant Boys in Costa Mesa was closing also. They have been in business for 67 years. They are one of the biggest gun shops in the state. If a gun shop can't sell auto pistols you have lost a big part of your business. Who would have thought you would ever see the day when such a collection of nuts could take over a state this big?

tomme boy
11-06-2015, 06:37 PM
I thought they got rid of this as the technology is not there to make it work

GOPHER SLAYER
11-06-2015, 06:58 PM
tommie boy, you are applying common sense to this law and common sense plays no part in the thinking of politicians in this state. Hand gun MFG told the idiots that they couldn't or wouldn't do it and the idiots said, Ok then you can't sell your pistols here. I don't know what law enforcement will do for pistols. Maybe they will be exempt.

Smoke4320
11-06-2015, 07:09 PM
I hope every weapons MFG refuses to sell/repair ect anything to the CA government, police, ect till they get their laws straight

dragon813gt
11-06-2015, 07:15 PM
I know it sucks. But the residents of CA allowed this to happen. Of course the urban vote outnumbers the rural. But only the residents can fix the mess.

RogerDat
11-06-2015, 07:28 PM
If folks wanting to advocate a law to solve a problem had to post a bond to be forfeit if the proposed law did not perform as advertised or caused unintended harm that might be better than all the campaign and lobbying expenses that yield FTF laws. Money where your mouth is approach. Pretty sure the folks that opposed shall issue would have forfeited their bond to the supporters of shall issue.

One thing to say that doing xyz will reduce homicides or suicides or gang violence. Another thing altogether to say we are putting up 5 million dollars bond that this micro stamping requirement will allow police to solve 10% more homicides over the next 3 years. Less than that increase in solved homicides and the NRA gets the money and the law sunsets off the books unless reapproved.

Or this more restrictive law will yield a 10% greater reduction in homicides than current trends would have produced in the next 4 years. Make the positive outcome promised that is used to get support for the law or regulation part of the bill. Don't measure up then out it goes. Don't think businesses are forced to continue to use suppliers or services that don't live up to the promised quality or amounts. I get to fire and not pay or even collect damages from someone that fails to live up to an agreement. Why not sunset laws if they don't do what was promised?

Oh yes I too think no sales or parts to anyone or organization would cause some grief but might also in effect provide just what the anti folks want. I say bring back the 12 shot revolvers and comfortable double holster rigs for same. 24 shots should be enough to piss off an anti-gun advocate. Or give pause to a criminal shooter.

jmort
11-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Liberals do not deserve firearms. If you choose to live in California you suffer the consequences. Just wait until kamla harris becomes governor. There is a courts case or two pending on this, so who knows it may be an unreasonable restraint on the Second Amendment.

freebullet
11-06-2015, 09:30 PM
If everyone in cali put that much energy into anything other than pure hatred of freedom, just imagine what could be accomplished.

starmac
11-06-2015, 09:56 PM
I tried a SHORT stint in Kommiefornia back in the 70's. The nuts had control of it then, I'm sure it hasn't got any better.

kungfustyle
11-06-2015, 10:33 PM
B cheaper to give every law abiding citizen a brand new 1911 and 3 boxes of ammo. Watch the crime rate drop.

GaryN
11-07-2015, 12:29 AM
I think all the manufacturers should get together and not sell to police or government there unless they can sell to the general population.

OptimusPanda
11-07-2015, 01:54 AM
Yes, but then the state would just get it's guns from other places...maybe Leland Yee's vault.

knifemaker
11-07-2015, 02:06 AM
First off the folks in CA. did not vote this law in. It was written up and passed by a liberal Democrat majority of our state law makers in Sacramento. The idiot governor that signed it into law was Our Republican Gov. Arnold the Terminator who was a RINO in sheep's clothing. Also Kamla Harris is not running for Governor after "MoonBeam Brown" steps down. She is running for U.S. Senator to replace Nancy Pelosi in Congress so she can apply her anti gun beliefs nation wide. Gavin Newson is running for governor and he is a rabid anti gunner of the worst kind.
Most of CA. in the North and Central valley area is conservative, but we are controlled by the liberals that populate the coastal area from San Francisco to L.A. and San Diego. I am in the northern mountain area of CA. and I have a pistol range on my 2-1/2 acre property and most everyone in my area are dedicated hunters. Do not ever tell any of us that we deserve the stupid laws passed by our liberal Democrat law makers from the larger cities, as we may drop kick you for insulting our conservative pro gun views.

jmort
11-07-2015, 02:13 AM
"Do not ever tell any of us that we deserve the stupid laws passed by our liberal Democrat law makers"

No, for sure people who choose to live in California deserve the "stupid laws" that are duly enacted in California. Enjoy.

starmac
11-07-2015, 02:16 AM
You are going to have a long reaching foot, cuz I hope to never set foot in Cali again. lol

The way I took it is the people of Cali keep electing the most liberal of the leftist they can come up with, is what he meant. I know there are some righter leaning folks there, but not near enough of them to counter any legislations at all.

snowwolfe
11-07-2015, 10:29 AM
First off the folks in CA. did not vote this law in. It was written up and passed by a liberal Democrat majority of our state law makers in Sacramento. The idiot governor that signed it into law was Our Republican Gov. .

Sorry, when your state population voted these people into office you did vote the law in.

bob208
11-07-2015, 10:42 AM
it is the whole countries fault. it started when the carb laws went into effect. and all the auto manufacturers kissed their butts. when they should have made 49 state cars and let California go afoot. now there is one more chance don't sell guns or ammo to any ca. state agency.

9.3X62AL
11-07-2015, 10:47 AM
I see the Californian Hater Cadre is alive and well here. It is this sort of drivel and hatred that has largely driven me off of this site. Go on--continue antagonizing an embattled and oppressed population of freedom-loving members--it's the same thing NRA does. Follow NRA's example.

starmac
11-07-2015, 06:45 PM
it is the whole countries fault. it started when the carb laws went into effect. and all the auto manufacturers kissed their butts. when they should have made 49 state cars and let California go afoot. now there is one more chance don't sell guns or ammo to any ca. state agency.

Actually the auto manufacturers did at one time make 49 state cars and Cali cars, but what starts in Cali has a tendency to spread across the rest of the nation, some things just faster than others.

dragon813gt
11-07-2015, 06:53 PM
First off the folks in CA. did not vote this law in. It was written up and passed by a liberal Democrat majority of our state law makers in Sacramento.

While they may not represent you. This happened because the lawmakers were voted in by California residents. So Californians brought this on themselves. I'm not hating on California. But there is nothing that nonresidents can do to help you.

I have the same urban versus rural divide in my state. Thankfully the republicans are still in power. The only way for California to fix the situation is to vote in the right people. I honestly feel bad for you guys. But there isn't a thing I can do.

jmort
11-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I see the Californian Hater Cadre is alive and well here."

I lived in California a full 56 years, so I have every right to hate California if I so desire. Even others who hate/dislike and never lived there have every right to hate California. Like the post above noted CARB should have been the line in the sand. No cars for you. Stupid gun laws, no guns for you. You get a concealed carry permit. I could not get one. So to bad if you don't like the righteous hatred of California.

flint45
11-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Man there's not much off a brotherhood of shooters left on this site for us stuck here in colifornia.Its like were ..... never mind not going to say it I have to much respect forALL my casting and shooting brothers on this site If we don't stand together we will all lose. the divison in our ranks is bad thats how we all lose!

GOPHER SLAYER
11-07-2015, 09:05 PM
It is good to hear from all our warm friends on this site, especially the ones that are naïve enough to think they are immune to the same idiocy that is going on here. Who would have thought twenty years ago that Colorado would become a blue state? As Newt Gingrich pointed out, when Texas tips, it's over for the whole country. I don't have any idea how close they are to tipping but I do know their demographics are changing by the day. As for as gun laws are concerned, California is much more liberal than most eastern states. For that matter, how about Illinois? Many of my friends here have gotten CCW permits here with very little trouble. It is easy to tell us to move to another state but just where would that be? How about a place where your stuck in the house three months out of the year and your heating bill is a large part of your budget. I hate cold. We went to see our Granddaughter play ball today and the temperature was in the high 70s. At age 81, I'm not going anyplace.

Plate plinker
11-07-2015, 09:09 PM
I dont hate you all but I sure do feel sorry for you, since you must live in such a place. I DO AGREE that manufactures should poo poo helping maintain the firearms out their for the LEO agencies and see where the chips fall. That however would be unfair to the honest policemen out there too however. Dang.

starmac
11-07-2015, 09:41 PM
You are so very right Gopher Slayer, the very issue that what Cali breeds moves across the country is the reason for much of the hate you call it. I'm not just talking gun related regulations, but rather many regulatory laws that Cali have enacted have slowly spread across the country, affecting everybodys life in the whole country.
Take the mindset for illegals in Cali for example, it has spread so bad that the other border states are sued by the feds at every turn they take in trying to stem it.
The Cali gun law mindset even coming from you guys that have to live with it stinks to high heaven, in my way of thinking. I keep hearing you guys saying it isn't so bad or it isn't as bad as some other states. The only reason anyone can or will say it isn't that bad, is because they have slowly been programmed to think that. This goes for several states not just Cali. Your gun laws absolutely stink, you are just used to them smelling pretty ripe, so when a new one comes up restricting them a little more it doesn't seem TOO bad.
But you are right, what starts there has a tendency to spread to the rest of the country, that may be the cause of some of the hate. I doubt that anybody on this forum hates a Cali gun owner or anybody else for that matter, other than a few of your politicians. lol

RED333
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
The more I hear this stuff about the left coast the more I hate it.
My BIL lives out there, begs me to come and visit, no freaking way.

castalott
11-07-2015, 09:54 PM
I seriously doubt if anyone here hates you California guys individually.

No one is happy with the insane laws. The People in Southern Illinois are ruled by the big urban areas and we don't like it either.

dragon813gt
11-07-2015, 10:18 PM
No one hates firearm owners in California. But what can we do to help? Contacting your representatives is pointless because we aren't a constituent. Send money, to who? We all have battles in our home states and that's where our money goes. Calling and threatening to not travel to the state is pointless. Enough people do it that it won't effect them at all.

I hope you get everything in order. Mainly because I don't want your bad laws spreading outside of the state. I may be in the North East but the firearm laws here are great. And it's a constant battle to keep them that way. Any inch California gives up means the rest of the country now has to worry a little more. Not hard to understand why there is some resentment.

Love Life
11-07-2015, 10:29 PM
This saddens me. Oh well, I'd still rather live in California than on the east coast. The place is worth fighting for, and I hope all gun manufacturers give them the finger when it comes to ordering guns for the police and other armed state employees there.

Gun owners should be pushing the NRA to take the fight to California. Think their garbage won't spread your way? If so then I submit the following states in rebuttal: Colorado, Washington, Oregon. Lord help us that the liberals stay out of Nevada...

quilbilly
11-07-2015, 11:07 PM
If California doesn't get the rain this winter, a lot of liberals will have to come our way. About fifteen years ago, the California Water Resources Board did a study on a sunken forest 250 feet down in Lake Tahoe. That forest was there because of a 50 year long mega drought about 600 years ago. The CWRB concluded that if such a drought occurred today, only 7 million people could live in the state. Since California liberals and politicians are too busy stealing money to build trains nobody will ride rather than preparing, those 30 million people will have to go somewhere. They won't be able to go to Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, New Mexico, or Colorado since that drought was even worse there. Think happy thoughts.

Love Life
11-07-2015, 11:16 PM
I've been monitoring the drought since I left (raining here non-stop), and I wish I was there now to roam through the lakes and rivers that are drying up. Wonder if we'll see Hetch Hetchy...

BorderBrewer
11-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Californian born and raised. The trouble with this state is all the liberals that moved here from somewhere else. Hell, this is the state where Reagan was governor before they all came from the fly-over states and from back east with their progressive B.S. One suggestion for California residents who prefer to whine and call her kommiefornia rather than to stand and fight, take I-10 east… please.

NRA Life
CRPA Life

jmort
11-07-2015, 11:32 PM
"Oh well, I'd still rather live in California than on the east coast."

"...take I-10 east… please."

I took the I-40 east. And I would take Califronia over the northeast as well. But I will pick neither. I would be in Arizona or Nevada if I disregarded my wife's input. Now that I am in the Ozarks, I am happy we ended up here. For those determined to stay in California, enjoy.

dolfinwriter
11-08-2015, 01:48 AM
I don't know what law enforcement will do for pistols. Maybe they will be exempt.

I echo GopherSlayer's comment that common sense and facts and logic have nothing to do with it. If they can't ban guns outright, they are finding one way after another to do it through backdoor means like this asinine firing pin microstamping scheme. So even if it worked, the bad guys who don't care about laws in the first place either file off the numbers or replace the firing pin. What does that make the rest of us if we replace a broken or failed firing pin?

Of course LEOs will be exempt, just like the many guns on certain shelves in a local pawn shop I was just in today that say "LEO Only".

Don't get me wrong; my heartache is not with LEO, but with the self-appointed ruling class, corrupt, statist wackos who are determined to disarm us, and who are succeeding, bit-by-bit. Even the ten day waiting period that has been found to be unconstitutional is somehow still in effect.

Some mfrs have refused to sell to LEO in states where draconian laws infringe on the rights of WE THE PEOPLE, but there are always those who will sell to LEO anyway, so it becomes moot.

Why not sunset laws if they don't do what was promised?

The statist self-appointed royalty already cook the books to try to show that their Draconian laws, and even the total confiscation in Australia reduced murder rates. Who was it that spoke of lies, damn lies, and then statistics...?

But what can we do to help?

Actually, there IS one thing you CAN do, and which I'm going to start doing. I've had incredible good luck writing letters to companies to get things fixed even outside of warranty. I won't list those things here, but I'm going to start writing similar letters to those gun mfr companies that do business here, and request that they refuse to do business with any LE agency unless the government rescinds over-reaching laws like this micro-stamping scheme.

Lord help us that the liberals stay out of Nevada...

And yet, Nevada gave us Harry Reid...

One suggestion for California residents who prefer to whine and call her kommiefornia rather than to stand and fight, take I-10 east… please.

In a way, that's part of the reason it has gotten so bad. Large numbers of conservative voters have already done that. And trust me, as soon as we can get some reno done that our house needs so that we can either sell or rent it, my family and I will be joining them.

9.3X62AL
11-08-2015, 10:23 AM
I see the Californian Hater Cadre is alive and well here."

I lived in California a full 56 years, so I have every right to hate California if I so desire. Even others who hate/dislike and never lived there have every right to hate California. Like the post above noted CARB should have been the line in the sand. No cars for you. Stupid gun laws, no guns for you. You get a concealed carry permit. I could not get one. So to bad if you don't like the righteous hatred of California.

Ah, here you cut to the chase. Your vitriol is aimed at ME because I worked for the agency that didn't give you the CCW you wanted. Grow up. Carry anyway. Unless you REALLY screw up, or run your mouth, no one will say or do JACK. You likely should have had your CCW issued, but I had nothing to do with the decision. But I'm easy to antagonize behind the safe, comfy firewall of your computer, the same sort of juvenile hostility that fills the internet every day on many sites. "Righteous hatred" is strong wording given the subject matter, and the emotion or mental state that prompts it may have been a factor in your CCW refusal.

9.3X62AL
11-08-2015, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=jmort;3428787]I see the Californian Hater Cadre is alive and well here."

A converted anything is usually a PITA.......

Love Life
11-08-2015, 12:50 PM
And yet, Nevada gave us Harry Reid...

The NRA helped with that one...

dragon813gt
11-08-2015, 01:00 PM
The NRA helped with that one...

I still can't figure out how he got an A rating.

jcwit
11-08-2015, 01:26 PM
All because of a range.

Love Life
11-08-2015, 01:27 PM
It's a nice range...

DougGuy
11-08-2015, 01:33 PM
The law IS unconstitutional in it's structure and should be struck down. Unfortunately the voters DID elect the idiots who drafted this legislation and brought it into law.

That being said, the street prices of SA pistols will go through the roof and it will become VERY profitable to traffic SA firearms throughout the state. At least for the criminals. Cali is becoming one big gun free zone, at least on the law books, and I predict gun crime there to skyrocket despite the redundant and idiotic laws that attempt to stop gun crime. You just cannot FIX stupid.

quilbilly
11-08-2015, 01:50 PM
It's a nice range...
It is where Harry Reid hid when Sarah Palin came to his home town in Searchlight, Nv.

GOPHER SLAYER
11-08-2015, 02:24 PM
I was born and raised in Missouri and I am very familiar with the Ozarks. I must say that in the spring and fall there are few places on earth more beautiful. Mid summer and winter is another story. It is hot and humid in the summer and bitterly cold in winter. Of course you must deal with little critters like ticks, chiggers and hungry mosquitoes. I would also like to add that Missouri is run by the same breed of dingbats as California. Missouri also has very strict gun laws. I have a brother who still lives there as well as other family members. My wife's aunt lives in Branson and she told my wife last week that the gangs have gotten very bad in Springfield. if you want to move to a state with some of the most liberal gun laws in the nation, go to New Hampshire. I have a friend who moved there two years ago and in a phone conversation recently he told me that he had walked into a gun shop a few days before, bought a pistol and walked out with it.

dolfinwriter
11-08-2015, 02:38 PM
..New Hampshire.

The Live Free or Die State.

No magazine capacity limits. No waiting period. No state income tax. Sometimes rated the freest state left in the union, depending what study you look at and what factors they consider.

dragon813gt
11-08-2015, 02:51 PM

No magazine capacity limits. No waiting period. No state income tax. Sometimes rated the freest state left in the union, depending what study you look at and what factors they consider.

And then there are the winters. And you're completely surrounded. I really like New Hampshire but I currently live as far north as I ever wish to.

jmort
11-08-2015, 03:42 PM
"Missouri also has very strict gun laws."

That is false. Keep it real. You don't know what you are talking about. Why make stuff up? Why waste server space with lies? Other than the Constitutional carry States, the firearms laws in Missouri are as good as it gets. Took me 10 minutes to buy my last handgun, one which is illegal in California, from a dealer and 2 minutes to by a handgun at the last gun-show I went to as a private sale. Two minutes were spent talking and counting out the $$$, as I bought it on the spot. Assuming you find a gun that is legal to buy in California, you have to wait 10 days to get it, and sign paperwork twice. What a joke. As to the balance, there are times in the summer when it humid and fairly hot. Cherry Valley gets hotter. San Bernardino County went Bankrupt. I live two hours away from Springfield and for sure, none of the gangsters want to come down to the Ozarks, they would not last long. You are right on top of San Bernardino and Rialto in a bankrupt county, enjoy.

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/images/overview/maps/PresidentMO.jpg

[*=right]✓ MittRomney http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/Headshots/US_P00_R_M_Romney.elect37x37.png 54% 1,478,961
[*=right] BarackObama http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/Headshots/US_P00_D_B_Obama.elect37x37.png 44% 1,215,031
[*=right]http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/images/overview/maps/PresidentCA.jpg

[*=right]✓ BarackObama http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/Headshots/US_P00_D_B_Obama.elect37x37.png 59% 6,493,924
[*=right] MittRomney http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Interactives/_swf/Politics/Elections2012/Headshots/US_P00_R_M_Romney.elect37x37.png 38% 4,202,127
[*=right]http://www.bradycampaign.org/sites/default/files/state-scorecard-2013v4.jpg
[*=right]Brady Campagin Loves California and hates Missouri
[*=right]Here is a list for you Missouri Top ten and California bottom ten for best gun rights
[*=right]http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/
[*=right]Lastly, overall freedom, Missouri # 7 and California # 49.
http://freedominthe50states.org/
[*=right]Please stay where you are, do not help to destroy other States that are free and have the best firearms laws. If you like freedom, great Second Amendment rights, plenty of open space,trees, water, deer, whatever, you would hate it here.BTW, the Ozarks is an area not exclusive to Missouri, we also have the great state of Arkansas in the mix as well.

brtelec
11-08-2015, 06:25 PM
I have lived in five different states since moving out on my own 37 years ago at 17 years old. The scorecard map above indicate 4 F's and a D. This is not an accident. I live in Arizona for a reason. I harbor no hatred for California or the people there, but I would not allow any state be play that fast and loose with my rights. As a shooter or gun owner in California you basically have three choices. Start working together as a group, fighting tooth and nail to bring about change, move, or shut up, suck it up, and accept what you are so graciously handed by the state.

Sending a few bucks to a couple of pro gun organizations and ******** and griping will not bring change. Getting mad and getting proactive is the only thing that may help in a state that is unfortunately so far gone. I am truly sorry for you guys every time I hear about more tyrannical legislation in your or any state, but there is some truth in the saying " we get exactly the government we deserve "

TXGunNut
11-08-2015, 07:38 PM
There is something we can do; we can support conservative candidates when they choose to buck the current trends and represent the CA gun owners. I can't sit here in TX and say I don't have a dog in the fight in CA. We have a scary number of blue counties here in TX and more folks are moving (or sneaking) in every day. If people in Austin point to CA and use the "logic" that something "works" in CA so we ought to do it here and it gets traction than we're in big trouble. Local politics in Dallas and Austin are surprisingly liberal for what most folks consider a red state.

jmort
11-08-2015, 07:47 PM
^^^ The numbers in California are insurmountable. The best way to help California and the rest of the United States for that matter, is to get a Republican elected as the POTUS and stack the Supreme Court and the Appellate Courts. Other than that, California is like Chernobyl. There is nothing to be done outside the courts. Anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or charlatan. Liberals used the courts to ***-up the United States, in short order and against the will of most every State, and Conservatives can use the courts to give the Second Amendment its full force and effect. But only if we all unite behind whoever the republicans put up. We need complete control of SCOTUS.

mtnman31
11-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Sorry, when your state population voted these people into office you did vote the law in.

Come on now, by that rationale, I'd be telling you that since your country voted for Obama, YOU voted for his policies and agenda. Just because a person lives somewhere doesn't mean they support the path that politicians take their constituents down. As was mentioned, look at Colorado as an example. Heck, I remeber when the bank of Boulder used to offer fancy firearms in place of savings interest. Nowadays, Boulder is the San Francisco of the Rocky Mountains.

David2011
11-09-2015, 10:46 AM
This was a few years ago so I have forgotten some of the details. A law enforcement agency in Cali wanted to buy STI high capacity handguns. STI wanted the firearms to be exempt from the liability laws they would be subject to if selling to civilians. Cali said they would not provide a liability waiver. STI refused to sell. Barrett also refuses to sell their firearms to Cali. Granted, both are small segment, high end manufacturers but at least they stood fast on their values.

David

snowwolfe
11-09-2015, 11:35 AM
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Vote with your wallet. Wife and I disliked the laws and taxes of Colorado so we packed up and moved ourself to TN.

dtknowles
11-09-2015, 03:06 PM

Wait, you don't say. I thought New Hampshire was in the Northeast and a bastion of uber Liberals and Yankees, no way they must have very bad gun laws, just ask any one here, no freedom is allowed in the Northeast.

Tim

dtknowles
11-09-2015, 03:09 PM
And then there are the winters. And you're completely surrounded. I really like New Hampshire but I currently live as far north as I ever wish to.

New Hampshire is surround by other free states like Vermont and Maine. They do have a small border with Mass. Can't be perfect.

Tim

dragon813gt
11-09-2015, 03:56 PM
New Hampshire is surround by other free states like Vermont and Maine. They do have a small border with Mass. Can't be perfect.

Tim

Vermont and Maine are in the cue to flip as a state. Vermont is already controlled by Burlington. And Maine is ruled by down state.

But to your point the only bad really bad states in the North East are NY, CT, MA, RI and NJ. And like all states, except for Mass, it's the Urban centers that are liberal. The rest of the state is conservative.

The North East isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. And I wish they would stop blaming us for everything. The issues come from DC which is in the Mid-Atlantic. It's also south of the Mason Dixon line which makes it part of the south.

bdicki
11-09-2015, 05:20 PM
But to your point the only bad really bad states in the North East are NY, CT, MA, RI and NJ. And like all states, except for Mass, it's the Urban centers that are liberal. The rest of the state is conservative.

I'm not sure what you mean by except Mass.

Geezer in NH
11-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Vermont and Maine are in the cue to flip as a state. Vermont is already controlled by Burlington. And Maine is ruled by down state.

The North East isn't nearly as bad as people think it is. And I wish they would stop blaming us for everything. The issues come from DC which is in the Mid-Atlantic. It's also south of the Mason Dixon line which makes it part of the south.Gee somehow you missed Maine just became constitution carry, Maine is becoming more conservative every year. Portland south is MA northeast the rest of the state away from the beautiful people on the coast, many from the left coast, is getting sick of the liberals.

Geezer in NH
11-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Ah, here you cut to the chase. Your vitriol is aimed at ME because I worked for the agency that didn't give you the CCW you wanted. Grow up. Carry anyway. Unless you REALLY screw up, or run your mouth, no one will say or do JACK. You likely should have had your CCW issued, but I had nothing to do with the decision. But I'm easy to antagonize behind the safe, comfy firewall of your computer, the same sort of juvenile hostility that fills the internet every day on many sites. "Righteous hatred" is strong wording given the subject matter, and the emotion or mental state that prompts it may have been a factor in your CCW refusal.

You seem part of the CA problem with this post.

toallmy
11-09-2015, 06:36 PM
We all have to fight no mater what state wear in.I am in Virginia ,and a small part of this state has a lot of influence over the state . We must fight the Blumberg legislatures everywhere. I think if someone can show the countrymen how to support cal. All the gun owners would unite in your aid. Go vote and take your state back heck do it twice like the libs. And as in shooting aim small mis small, worked in politics as well locally wining elections changes the politics. You can walk around your small area and make a difference .it works most elections don't have a 40 percent turnout 60/ talk about it. One man can talk to a lot of people start out with like minded first and it will spread then reach out to the harder to reason with thay will open their eyes as well.look at the recent elections boys we are cleaning house . I try to watch my mouth but God dernet we're kicking their as......es.now stomp em in the dirt.

toallmy
11-09-2015, 06:38 PM
:mad:I'm ok now / got to go take my blood pressure meds.

CGT80
11-10-2015, 03:48 AM
I didn't hear anything about a new law going into effect. Microstamping is already a requirement as far as I know. As long as manufacturers keep paying the extortion fees, they can keep their currently listed handguns on the so called safe list. The XD series pistols do not have mag disconnects or properly marked LCI's, and certainly don't have microstamping, but they have been kept on the list. There are many handguns that have been allowed to fall off the list, including the Ruger SR 22 that my brother bought and the Ruger MkIII Hunter that I bought.

Some people think that manufacturers are purposely dropping off the list to force the issue with the state. Others say that they want/need to modify what is currently listed or want to drop the model that is listed.

starmac
11-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Has it ever occured to you that the manufacturers have weighed the costs of getting and staying on the approved list against profits generated in Cali and just throwed in the towel. Which by the way was the intent to start with when they come up with all the nonsense.

Lead Fred
11-10-2015, 04:15 AM
Or maybe they are just tired of the commie scum

Four-Sixty
11-10-2015, 07:09 AM
It would be neat if the manufacturers made so many of one model that they could flood the market at a cheap price.

dragon813gt
11-10-2015, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by except Mass.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Massachusetts_presidential_election%2C_2012.png/640px-Massachusetts_presidential_election%2C_2012.png

The presidential vote proved my point. The entire state is liberal. You may not be, but like Cali you are out numbered by a large margin.

Love Life
11-10-2015, 09:11 AM

You are wrong.

bdicki
11-10-2015, 09:11 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Massachusetts_presidential_election%2C_2012.png/640px-Massachusetts_presidential_election%2C_2012.png

The presidential vote proved my point. The entire state is liberal. You may not be, but like Cali you are out numbered by a large margin.
I know I'm out numbered my point is how are we different from the other states you mentioned. Besides we had Romney. No tax hikes just increase the fees, like carry permit from $25 to $100.
Pick a North East state that you think is better than Massachusetts.
http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/president

jmort
11-10-2015, 10:34 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Geezer in NH http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=3430989#post3430989)

"You are wrong."

No, he is right, and you are wrong. Aside from the personal attack on me, which in and of itself was wrong, false, idiotic, I never applied for a CCW as my county would not issue except for cause. The county where I lived in was not one of the enlightened counties run by Sheriffs who treated CCW applications as "shall issue." There are a number of counties in California where getting a CCW permit is no problem. Not the one I lived in. No he is part of the problem for suggesting that one should just illegally carry. There is some real bad advice, especially considering the source. Genius logic like "just illegally carry a gun" is problematic in my opinion and does nothing to solve the problem that is California. The member is touchy touchy about legitimate criticism of California and so stated. Let's keep it real, you are all for that, right?

Love Life
11-10-2015, 11:10 AM
I've met Al, and can say he is a great person. He is not what is wrong with California. If more people like him were IN California, and voting, then the state wouldn't be in the situation it's currently in. However, people choose to exercise their freedom and leave.

His advice to "Just illegally carry" is free advice. People can take it or leave it.

That's about as real as I can get.

jmort
11-10-2015, 11:21 AM
"If more people like him were IN California, and voting, then the state wouldn't be in the situation it's currently in."

I don't doubt he is a good guy, or that he votes for what would be in the best interest of the state. The numbers make the thought of decent governance in California fanciful. We will have to agree to disagree on the notion that illegal carry of a firearm is a good idea or is somehow a solution to firearms oppression in California. I find much irony that he takes umbrage at my statement that people have "righteous indigination" and that I am somehow unstable in holding that belief, when he comes unglued if you criticize California or LEOs for that matter. That is serious irony. We will agree that "...people choose to exercise their freedom and leave." California has lost many jobs/businesses and good people to an exodus caused by liberals gone amok.

Geezer in NH
11-10-2015, 04:53 PM
You are wrong.

Feel that way , read his post, stated HE did not give out permit to him when it was his job, then makes personal attack. Then sends me PM saying I hate CA, Wrong I hate liberals and JBT's. I was one of the few FFL's in NH that would ship to CA. I was also a sworn officer before retiring in the stupid liberal Pit of MA I moved to get away from that stuff.

Can't have it both ways he may be a"good" guy but not by that statement on his post.

I stand on my post.

Love Life
11-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Here is his quote. "He" did not deny anybody a CCW. He worked for the law which represents the boogie man.

What you say he said (typed) is not what he really said (typed). He is still a good guy, especially when you read his post correctly.

garym1a2
11-10-2015, 05:26 PM
People need to wake up to the fact that the difference between California voting and many other states like Florida, Texas and such are only a few percentage at the polls. If they are lost than we can never win. I prefer as many gunowners move to that state as possible to change it.

"If more people like him were IN California, and voting, then the state wouldn't be in the situation it's currently in."

I don't doubt he is a good guy, or that he votes for what would be in the best interest of the state. The numbers make the thought of decent governance in California fanciful. We will have to agree to disagree on the notion that illegal carry of a firearm is a good idea or is somehow a solution to firearms oppression in California. I find much irony that he takes umbrage at my statement that people have "righteous indigination" and that I am somehow unstable in holding that belief, when he comes unglued if you criticize California or LEOs for that matter. That is serious irony. We will agree that "...people choose to exercise their freedom and leave." California has lost many jobs/businesses and good people to an exodus caused by liberals gone amok.

Geezer in NH
11-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Here is his quote. "He" did not deny anybody a CCW. He worked for the law which represents the boogie man.

What you say he said (typed) is not what he really said (typed). He is still a good guy, especially when you read his post correctly.
Your vitriol is aimed at ME because I worked for the agency that didn't give you the CCW you wanted.

Grow up. Carry anyway. Unless you REALLY screw up, or run your mouth, no one will say or do JACK. [ya right]bold is mine.

"Righteous hatred" is strong wording given the subject matter, and the emotion or mental state that prompts it may have been a factor in your CCW refusal.

Answer if he was still working shows need of anger management And yes I can state that the same as he did about the other poster.

My last post to this matter

Walkingwolf
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
I don't see the problem, the people in CA have the government to protect them...

Mica_Hiebert
11-10-2015, 11:54 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/10/scrapped-maryland-ends-bullet-id-program-after-15-years-5m-and-zero-cases/

9.3X62AL
11-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Geezer misread just about everything I wrote. Not unprecedented here. Twist and shout, the Cast Boolits mantra these days.

starmac
11-11-2015, 01:34 AM
California could care less if any crime is solved by the imprints, the law is however very effective for what it is designed to do.

9.3X62AL
11-11-2015, 03:42 AM
California could care less if any crime is solved by the imprints, the law is however very effective for what it is designed to do.

Yes, sir.

ETA--Folks, for the record--at no time during the 28 years I spent in cop work did I ever have any role in the issuance, approval, qualification, or certification of citizen CCW permittees. That was handled by administrative and academy personnel in bureaus set apart from the organizations I was assigned to. I made no secret at work of my view that citizens SHOULD carry sidearms if they felt the need, and enthusiastically ignored dozens--perhaps hundreds--of firearms in consoles, glove boxes, gun racks, and on the persons of MANY people I contacted throughout this time. I deeply believe that armed citizens are ZERO threat to public safety and public order--quite the opposite, in fact--Robert Heinlein was correct when he said that "an armed society is a polite society". To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson, "Arms serve to keep the government in check and the plunderer in awe." I BELIEVE THIS RIGHT TO THE GROUND.

I have been grossly mischaracterized and deeply misunderstood by a couple posters in this thread. They can do that to their heart's content--it changes not a thing in my belief structure regarding this issue. FWIW, J Mort should have tried for a CCW if he didn't--the current Sheriff in his old county is pretty pro-2nd Amendment, and I know both deputies who do the majority of the citizen CCW work. Both are men of good conscience who work very hard, and strive to approve as many applicants as possible. I don't know the source of J Mort's info regarding routine denials, but it is presntly untrue on its face. The REAL problem with California CCW regs lies not in the criminal codes, but in civil law that allows vicarious liability excesses to disincentivize agency heads from taking even reasonable risks on ANY policy question--let alone firearms matters. THAT is the real bottom line here--NOT some old retired rangemaster/detective/gun hobbyist's views that seems to have an intrinsic talent for antagonizing largely like-minded members. I really don't intend that, but it happens.