PDA

View Full Version : pellet rifle?

chevyiron420
04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
hi folks, i sorry this is off topic but, my wife just brought me a sale flier and asked my to go to this tool sale and buy here this 20.00 pellet rifle. she wants to shoot some squirles the get in her bird feeders here in town. are these things any good?-phil

35remington
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
If you're referring to the Cummins tool or Harbor Freight pellet gun I have one. Only complaint I have is they mounted the open sight on the very rear of the receiver, making the rear notch blurry and overlarge.

It shoots pretty well and is worth 20 bucks. It has a rifled seamless tube and underlever cocking rod.
I don't think it will last as long as a Feinwerkbau or RWS or even a Gamo, but like I said, it's definitely worth 20 bucks.

It will probably put the serious hurt on a squirrel as it's well above BB gun power and does over 700 fps.

The report is like any spring piston airgun - a bit of a snap but somewhat quieter than a pump up pneumatic.

A usable stealth squirrel gun if you don't shoot too far.

Dogg
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I have an RWS ,17 cal one that I have had for 25 years, they are accurate and hit pretty hard difinetly hard enough to kill a squirel. Of course it depends on what kind you get, you will need something that kicks that pellet out around 950 to 1000 ft sec in .17 will be ok for a bit slower in .22 which use a bigger pellet. These things can be so accurate with good pellets that you can put every pellet through the same hole with practice. Good for practice when you can't go to the range also.

Gussy
04-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I had one. Got it home thinking it would be fun for the kid to learn on. Then... found out it had NO safety of any kind. It went down the road very quickly without much use.