PDA

View Full Version : CCI Primers

wch
10-27-2015, 12:45 PM
MidwayUSA is offering a "no hazmat fee" deal if you buy $150 worth of CCI primers.

MBTcustom
10-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Just got a text from a buddy saying the same thing. I told him that Midwayusa price on 1000 CCI 200 LR is $31.49. Powder Valley has the same thing for $27 flat. I'm making an order for powder with several local fellers, so it's cheaper at PV.

Actually, if you read the ad, it says you have to order $150 worth of primers so you'll be buying 5k for $157.45
If you go with PV, 5k @ $27 each, with the HazMat will cost you $163.50, so you're really only saving $6.05, and I didn't even do the math on the shipping difference. Seems to me, you throw an 8pounder of powder in your cart, and you're solid money ahead with Powder Valley.
BTW, I called MidwayUSA and asked if I take advantage of their primer deal, can I add powder to the order also? Answer was no.
Sorry Larry Potterfield, gotta pass on this one.

lightman
10-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Yeah, Powder Valley is my go to for powder and primers. I do the same thing, get some buddies together and fill up the box.

wingspar
10-29-2015, 12:12 AM
The hazmat fee is built into that "no hazmat fee deal” somehow. It’s tricky sneaky advertizing. The kind of advertizing I hate. Midway is one of my favorite places to shop, but every time I see sneaky advertizing like this I get turned off to Midway little by little. They are in the business to make money, and they make nothing if they give away free stuff. You pay for it no matter what their advertizement says. Their shipping also seems to be getting more expensive and slower.

On a positive note, this year they sent me an email with a Birthday discount that was good 7 days before and 7 days after my birthday. I don’t remember how much of a discount it was, but I picked up a $149 single stage press for $105. Also ordered a bunch of other stuff. I think it saved me about $80. I could not pass that up. Now, THAT was a good deal.

Bad Water Bill
10-29-2015, 12:44 AM
Midway no longer sends me any literature.

I purchased a set of electronic ear muffs and they were junk but because I put my name on them with nail polish they said the warranty was void.Then I mentioned that I would post my problem here they said send it back and they would refund my money.

Well I still lost a ton of money as I was still out the postage to my home then the $9.00 postage back to them with their defective goods.

Personally I think Larry is retired and the bean counters now rule.

Now tell me just which government entity receives all of the "HAZMAT FEES" and what FEDERAL law created it.

dragon813gt
10-29-2015, 07:39 AM
The shipping companies charge and collect the fee because of the insurance requirements. Look into how much it costs to become certified to handle HazMat and you will understand.

Bad Water Bill
10-29-2015, 08:11 AM
That must be Yellow Freight etc but every time I asked the folks at my major U P S terminal or FedEx terminal about a HAZMAT fee they just laugh at me.

Only U P S or FedEX trucks have ever delivered my powder or primers and one order was split into 3 different shipments from 3 different states all on the same single HAZMAT fee.

One company allows only 5K primers or 5# of powder per fee while another company has shipped over 50K primers or 30+ pounds of powder on one fee.

When was the last time anyone heard of any type of vehicle being damaged because of the powder or primers they were carrying?

dragon813gt
10-29-2015, 08:17 AM
UPS and FedEx both collect HazMat fees so the people you were talking to were morons. All of it listed on their website. I'm not saying I don't agree w/ you. But we live in an overly litigious society. Insurance companies got involved and the shipping companies saw a way to increase profits. Unfortunately this is how capitalism works.

MtGun44
10-30-2015, 12:56 AM
The kids are running things now.