PDA

View Full Version : Post that disappeared.

stanford
10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Can someone tell me if this is normal around here. I was in the swapping & selling forum and there was a brand new post about 66+ lbs of isotope lead or something to that effect. I opened the page in a new browser and stepped away from my desk for about an hour (maybe less), when I came back the post had completely disappeared. Did anyone notice this?

OnHoPr
10-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Did you look in the sold forum?

stanford
10-26-2015, 02:50 PM
I did, but I didn't see it there either.

matrixcs
10-26-2015, 02:55 PM
search finds it but then the link is an invalid thread..

1johnlb
10-26-2015, 02:57 PM
The OP or any of the moderators could have deleted it for any number of reasons.

RogerDat
10-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Invalid thread message usually means deleted, or moved to sold. Eliminate being in sold that pretty much leaves deleted by moderators or original poster. New swapping and selling rules are tripping some folks up since the rules changed and not everyone has digested the changes. This late in the month be easy for someone to be past 3 WTS posts. Open ended lead quantities violate the 5 items per post rule. I screwed up on that one by allowing any amount to be purchased from over 100# and 3 different types of lead alloy meant that I could clearly have had more than 5 members purchasing.

My suggestion is post in Wanted To Buy that you would like some cores lead and about how many pounds. Good chance you find that seller or at least one that is comparable in alloy and price. With fewer auction and estate sale buyers re-selling items due to the new rules I think WTB is more productive than waiting for someone to decide to post. I'm sure someone (or several) can and will hook you up with lead, or whatever.

runfiverun
10-26-2015, 03:58 PM
the poster didn't follow the rules and his AD was pulled.
the rules are fairly strict and you gotta read them carefully.

stanford
10-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the update guys, I had never seen it happen before and was wondering.

bedbugbilly
10-28-2015, 09:31 AM
Yep . . . the rules have changed so you need to read 'em . . .

I guess the "rule change" is why there's been a WTB add up for three days looking for "Harley Parts" . . . . hmmmm