PDA

View Full Version : Another "Thanks" to Idahoron and Johnson1942

Themoose
10-26-2015, 09:44 AM
Put more venision in the freezer during the early antlerless blackpowder season in PA. Used Ron's info and used my 400 gr. paperpatched 11mm bullet to "destroy" the critter @ 94 yds... Bullet hit with a loud "whack", deer was found less than 10 yds away in brush line... tore heart in two pieces, broke both legs and left a hole in the brisket that a baseball could fit.... can't kill em any deader than that... I had the same experience with the load and bullet last year. Again thanks to Idahoron and Johnson1942 for keeping me on track when I started to experiment with paperpatching.. Their patience with me enabled me to learn quickly and develop my load for my Knight 45 that I have confidence out to 200 yds... It will probably do more, but 200 is as far as I felt the need to test for... thanks again fellas... hope your hunts are going well.

Kindest regards,

Mike Simpson(themoose)
Newburg, PA

johnson1942
10-26-2015, 10:37 AM
thanks, makes us both feel good to hear that. now that you know how to do the patching, teach others and they they can pass it on also. your right about the sound of big bullets hitting a deer. its the loudest whack anyone will ever hear. it sure makes the dust fly from their hide and hair also.

idahoron
10-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Thank you for the kind words. it has always been my intention to help (for free) anyone that wants to take their hunting to the next level with paper patched bullets. It does feel good to know that the info I pass on to others is used and they are successful with it.
It is nice to know that if your low on bullets you can make your own. You don't have to stand in line to get bullets. Good job on the deer.

koger
10-26-2015, 09:34 PM
These guys have both helped me, Ron via PM's, talked to Roger today! By the way Ron, where is part#2 of your sticky on paper patching?

idahoron
10-26-2015, 10:40 PM
The link is actually at the bottom of the original post here is the link again. I need to go through that info and update it in places.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?71136-Part-2-Paper-patching-for-ML&highlight=paper%20patching