PDA

View Full Version : Icing the road

starmac
10-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Well this last trip north, the state has started icing the road, which I'm usually glad to see. Not sure what they are thinking though, as it was 25 degrees, so basically makeing a super slick skating rink. lol
%00 miles, and the only place I burn't out was on the stretch they had watered the day before, not even a hill. lol

MaryB
10-25-2015, 12:08 AM
I hate driving on glare ice, stuff gets a slick of water on top and forget it. The idiots who don't know how to drive will keep doing 65mph on it and take you with them when they start doing an imitation of a top.

Iowa Fox
10-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Makes me glad I'm retired. The wood pile is as far as I go when the weather is ugly. We only go into town once every couple weeks in the winter months to get my wife her milk.

starmac
10-25-2015, 01:34 AM
Well we will be driving on ice anyway, so it is better to ice it and take out the bumbs, so we can drive 65 without beating our trucks to death. lol It is just too warm for the ice yet.

Greg S
10-25-2015, 04:36 AM
Yea, it gets greasy at those temps. It starts getting sticky as it gets colder. Hopefully it won't thaw and refreeze after all the mud gets pushed outta the pot holes.