PDA

View Full Version : Things went downhill quick today.

country gent
10-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Went aand did the grocery shopping today got Mcy Ds on the way home. HAd 3 of the 4 bags of groceries ( my canvas grocery bags with handles) carried the into house and was just going into the kitchen to put them away. Got my feet tangled up and stated going down got the groceries away but cpouldnt catch myself . Caught the sink counter with the bridge of my nose. Glasses went flying. Got rolled over on the floor and a towel to help with the bloody nose. Daughter took me to hospital Nothing broken but nasty cut on bridge of nose they glued together. Bad bloody nose ( still occassionaly bleeding a few drops now and then). Glasses were bent up but not broken, Ive gotten them straightened pretty close to right now. Nose is dang sore and a slight head ache going on. Someone was looking out for me today. Should be better in a few days or so. Im going to miss the shillouette match tomorrow. Things could have been alot worse. Im thankfull it wasnt

John Allen
10-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Countrygent, I hope you feel better. I was picking pears the other day and one of those suckers feel off and hit me directly in the bridge of my nose when I was looking up. It hurt bad but at least not as bad as yours.

lightman
10-24-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear this my Friend. Glad it was not worse. You'll probably hurt more tomorrow, better plan to take it easy for a few days. Hoping you recover quickly and will be thinking of you.

Alan in Vermont
10-24-2015, 09:16 PM
It amazes me how rapidly, and frequently, the ground/floor rises up to smite me now that I am getting into the shuffling years. That is NOT to imply that I much like that discovery.

PS Paul
10-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Bummer. I was lookin fwd to another great report like the one you gave a few weeks back. Hope your shoot goes well?
I had a sign fall in the store I run and when it fell from 8' above, I heard it and looked up just as it hit me square on the bridge of my nose. Took me to my knees, it hurt so bad.....
Hope you heal up soon and good luck at the shoot!
Paul

country gent
10-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Well Paul Im wimping out on tomorrows match. I dont think that this nose and recoil of the 40-65 isnt going to get along real well. Im going to take a few days and recouperate. I have a mould coming Im looking forward to. Im working on a new patch board for wrapping paper patches, and I can always just watch tv. But I am also thank full it wasnt worse and that I should heal up quickly from it. On the bright side I have 100 rds loaded ahead for the CPA rifle. Maybe tomorrow Ill go visit the grand kids and see what they are up to.

nvbirdman
10-24-2015, 10:12 PM
You're going to have a pair of black eyes, and you'll have to think up a better excuse than falling in the kitchen.

osteodoc08
10-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Praying for a speedy recovery.

Bzcraig
10-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Glad it wasn't worse! Get some rest and heal quickly

Artful
10-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Darn sorry to hear this, take care and heal quickly.

retread
10-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Rest and heal. Hope you feel good enough to get to the range in short order.

PS Paul
10-25-2015, 12:43 AM
Well Paul Im wimping out on tomorrows match. I dont think that this nose and recoil of the 40-65 isnt going to get along real well. Im going to take a few days and recouperate. I have a mould coming Im looking forward to. Im working on a new patch board for wrapping paper patches, and I can always just watch tv. But I am also thank full it wasnt worse and that I should heal up quickly from it. On the bright side I have 100 rds loaded ahead for the CPA rifle. Maybe tomorrow Ill go visit the grand kids and see what they are up to.That sounds like a good alternate plan. I you know, any reason to see the grandkids is a good one, even if it's from being injured and cancelling a shoot, right? I didn't get black eyes from my injury, surprisingly enough. Maybe, with some Grace, you won't either?I'll look fwd to a report next time. Get well!

Col4570
10-25-2015, 01:26 AM
It happens so quickly,during the growing season I was setting out a string to put some lettuce seeds in.I knocked two Sticks into the ground and layed a String between them.Went to my shed for the seeds and carried them plus a Hoe a box of Growmore and a Trowel.Damn if I didn't trip over one of my stakes in the ground and pitched forward.The trowel was still in my hand when I hit the ground and the sharp corner of it ripped into my right Hand between the Forfinger and Thumb.Ended up at the accident and emergency clinic with two stitches and a couple of weeks before they could be taken out.You know one minute you are attending to daily routines then suddenly all hell breaks loose.You have my sympathy,hope your damage heals soon.Regards.

Pumpkinheaver
10-25-2015, 01:54 AM
Prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

rondog
10-25-2015, 02:05 AM
Hope you're OK and heal up well!

And damn right stuff happens quickly, I hopped off the bumper of my pickup once and BOOM, snapped my ACL just like that. And it's not even a tall 4WD, just a regular 2WD Silverado.

lead-1
10-25-2015, 04:08 AM
Prayers for quick healing. I took a tumble about a month back that bunged me up for a couple weeks. Like you, I couldn't catch myself and planted my ugly mug right in the blacktop. Knocked myself about half silly and gained a shiner for a week.

Greg S
10-25-2015, 04:23 AM
Get some ice on it and be glad you didn't break anything. Could have been alot worse. Heres to a speedy recovery and look into pineapple juice. I recall it is supposed to help heal bruising cause your gonna have some black eyes. The silhouette range will be waiting for you when you get better.

square butte
10-25-2015, 08:30 AM
Looks like you were hit by a good old fashioned gravity storm at an inopportune moment. My prayers for your speedy recovery

HarryT
10-25-2015, 08:48 AM
Country Gent, I hope you heal soon! You should tell us the real story: "There I was, exercising with a resistance rubber band just like Senator Harry Reid taught me and BAM!!! it whacked me in the face, etc... Plan on suing Harry Reid, rubber band company, door knob maker, sink maker, carpenters, and plumbers."

country gent
10-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Well I told the gentleman I was going to ride with to this match to let the guys know and to tell them You should have seen the other guy!!!!!!! LOL Yes gravity was definitly turned on. Not feeling to bad today, just the nose is still tender, sore and plugged up. I went to fix a snack last evening and found a cupboard door under the sink broke, it got glued back together and clamped up its cured all night. Will remove the clamp in a little bit. I think I will make a run to see the grandkids today, they were with my daughter yesterday and I should let them see grandpas okay. They 3 and 1 years old. Maybe milk this for some attention fromthem. LOL

pcolapaddler
10-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear of your mishap. Prayers for good recovery.

Maven
10-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Sorry to learn of your misfortune, cg. Hope you get well soon!

Three44s
10-25-2015, 10:13 AM
You're going to have a pair of black eyes, and you'll have to think up a better excuse than falling in the kitchen.

When you heal up enough to chuckle about things, you can tell them about how the "other guy" ended up!

Like they say, the home is a pretty dangerous place ......... you get a little tired and you let your guard down ............

God Speed on your recovery!!

Three 44s

MrWolf
10-25-2015, 11:07 AM
Was working on our vacation place and it had gotten dark. One of my kids decided to close the glass slider without telling me. Wham, thought I broke my nose! Hurt like the dickens for a bit and only a bit off black eyes. Good luck on the incident being forgotten as my kids never let me forget even though they closed the door.

gray wolf
10-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you had a heck of a time,I hope you are all healed up soon.
Seems the older I/we/they get the more we test gravity.

jsizemore
10-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Your feets ain't seein' so good anymore. Now your gonna have to watch them with the eyeballs. Folks are gonna wanna help ya now. Let 'em. Especially the pretty girls. It's easier to see 'em up close and they smell good too!

Murphy
10-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear of your mishap. But, at the same time your attitude towards it sends a good message to many. Just because something bad happens, doesn't mean one has to be angry at the world and wonder why me?

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Murphy

country gent
10-30-2015, 06:50 PM
Well first let me Thank everyone for thier good wishes thoughts and prayers. I am healing up and feeling better. I can breathe thru my nose again now, Most of the glue ispeeling off the outside, and it seems straight LOL. I still look the same. Nose is still tender to the touch bump or rub. A T-Shirt collar rubbing over it really tunes it up. Im doing much better and ready to try grocery shopping again tomorrow. Again Thanks to all of you fine people.

Three44s
10-30-2015, 07:07 PM
This time let some else pack the grub in!

You have earned a rest!

Best of luck

Three 44s

Superfly
10-30-2015, 07:42 PM
You are damn lucky family just buried a uncle who did near the same thing hit his face on the counter and died that night. You are real lucky

Harter66
10-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the tumble .

I didn't trip when I blacked both eyes ,I walked into the wing of a J4 Piper Cub . I'd had jus put the ball cap on for the summer ,it covered up the wing just enough for me to be about 1 step long when I ducked under ....... next thing I knew I was all but on my back sitting on my feet on the floor . Airplanes are the bain of my existence :) , my oldest has this neat little diamond right at the end of his right eyebrow . It's from Cessna flaps ..... bleed like a stuck pig and ,oh the unhappiness for keeping him awake 12 hrs just in case.....

gpidaho
10-30-2015, 10:50 PM
So glad you weren't hurt worse! I went through being vertically challenged during my cancer recovery, most likely some of the meds. As stated the ground can jump up and grab you pretty quickly. Sorry your missing the match but glad you'll be OK. Gp

MaryB
10-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Worst tumble I took was building my shed 15 years ago... I was standing on the step ladder nailing the rafter to the ridge board when the stepladder leg folded. I grabbed the rafter one handed, sprained my wrist, let go and landed on my left hip and cracked the bone... I spent a week healing somewhat and went out and finished it with a new ladder. Old one got to be the centerpiece of a bonfire!

fast ronnie
10-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Did you hear about the two blonds who walked into a bar? You'da thought one of them woulda seen it!
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Ron

buckwheatpaul
10-31-2015, 06:43 AM
country gent, I am sorry that you had your accident and I pray that you are feeling better....being in my 60's I am finding that I trip easier and spill a lot more often than I used to....I blame it on my bi-focals....but I suspect that it is the approach of my 2nd childhood....keep the faith and take it easy brother!

Freightman
10-31-2015, 01:38 PM
Hope you are healing. I was pulling some nails out of some 2x4's and with the new knee which has no side to side movement fell into the pile of boards with the nails still in them sure glad i have had a recent Tetnus
shot.

country gent
10-31-2015, 02:09 PM
Well Gentleman, Today was grocery day, went to krogers and the local hardware store. Did the actual shopping with no problems I can eat for another week now, and I have the pieces parts to finish a couple cake cutters Im making. Got home backed truck in and got out set walker up and went around truck carried groceries up in 2 trips to the front deck ( save going up and down steps 1 time more) then to the front door. Groceries are all in and put away except for the Pop with no bumps bruises or blood letting today. Quite an accomplishment after last saturdays experience. I even got new batteries for the calipers and michrometers. I buy them at the jewelry store as he gets them and keeps them fresher than the other stores in town. Its been a great day so far and Im doing better.

Greg S
10-31-2015, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear your up and around.