PDA

View Full Version : ?? tracer powder??

jhalcott
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
an acquaintance of mine claims to have about a 5 gallon bucket of powder salvaged from tracer rounds. he claimed they had many cases of different calibers from 5.56 to .50 caliber that were broken down for various reasons. He has had it about 3 years. It is well sealed and in a cool dark place. My brother and I were talking about reloading some cast bullets when the guy (a friend of my brother) mentioned the powder. He wants to get rid of it but has NO idea what it is. The price would be great(FREE), but I don't want to blow my head off.!

BABore
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
The price would be great(FREE), but I don't want to blow my head off.!

With a mix of powders from several different cartridges, it sounds like it would take you down the right road for that.[smilie=1:

44man
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
It makes good fertilizer. DON'T try and shoot it.

Blammer
04-08-2008, 04:05 PM
from several different calibers? that's danger waiting to happen.

I'd pour it in a LONG line and light one end and watch it burn outside it'd be fun!

Jim
04-09-2008, 06:49 AM
What Blammer said. Ain't no way.

jhalcott
04-09-2008, 12:20 PM
If I do get it ,Spring is here and the garden will need some work. Maybe it will help the tomatos SHOOT up! I can hardly imagine pulling down TONS of ammo. Some of the tracer bullets were empty of the chemical mix that burns. He said that and a heavier charge then reccommended were the most prevalent causes of the pull down order.

trickyasafox
04-09-2008, 12:27 PM
way to dangerous. why didn't they separate the powders as they broke them down? then you coulda worked with something.