PDA

View Full Version : Bullet casting books--uncommon?

rockrat
10-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Picked up a couple of books on bullet casting. One is "The Art of Bullet Casting" from rifle and handloader magazines, and a book on bullet casting by Col. Harrison.

Are these uncommon?

Thanks

Vinne
10-13-2015, 07:23 PM
I try to get most new books that comes out. I personally think you can never have enough info whether casting or reloading. One I found to have a lot of value was Lyman's "Cast Bullet Handbook".

trapper9260
10-13-2015, 07:34 PM
I had got some reprint ones for the information of lyman cast handbooks the 1st and 2nd one that was out .I had the 3rd and 4th already.But like Vinne stated you can not have enough info.

Le Loup Solitaire
10-13-2015, 09:11 PM
The Art of Bullet Casting is still in print through Wolfe Publishing. It is a good collection of related articles on casting and works by some of the better known names in the game. Col Harrison's work is better known for its place in the NRA Handloading books. Both are valuable contributions to casting and work with cast bullets, techniques, and early findings. Many good recommendations and conclusions. If you can locate and acquire these works...do so as they will add to your knowledge and progress. LLS

MT Gianni
10-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Cast Bullets by Col. E H Harrison is the definitive work. It might be available as an e-book but when it was difficult to find a copy for $50 20 years ago it was well worth the price.

Frank46
10-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Wolf publishing did three books on CB making and shooting and the NRA did two.I got them many years ago and hate to think what they would bring on the used book market. Lots of goon info and tips. Course this home for me has a wealth of information freely given and I've been here so long wouldn't go anywhere else. Frank

SteveS
10-14-2015, 03:50 PM
Are these uncommon?

The Art of Bullet Casting is currently available on Amazon so I'd say it's not uncommon.

Cast Bullets by Col. Harrison is also available, used, at Amazon so I can't really call that one uncommon either.