PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Fall

Boaz
10-13-2015, 02:33 PM
It's a slow day today , this morning was perfect . It is getting much cooler now fall is almost here . We live on a small lake out of town and the sand hill cranes and geese are everywhere , the ducks are running late this year . I was watching those long microscopic strands of tree sap slowly twisting in the air with a light northerly breeze making them twist and turn in convoluted patterns going south , it's mesmerizing after a while . Then a yearly phenomena happened . A Monarch came into view from the north steadily fluttering those beautiful wings moving slowly south . He moved a bit east and west , up and down seemingly unsure but the southerly direction never faltered .

More wild animals moving around , coons and such looking for places to get when the weather turns , trying to build up some fat to make it through the hard times . Plover have disappeared , gone south to the coast . Leaves are turning and the wild fall flowers are in full bloom , tumbleweeds have started drying up so they too can head south when a strong north wind breaks their trunk and they too will start their southerly race with the wind . All these things happen every year like clockwork and we take them for granted .

Your part of the country will have different plants and animals , the weather patterns will vary but it is the season our GOD gives us to refresh ourselves to prepare for the winter season . Fall is a time of harvest , a time of thanksgiving for the unbelievable world GOD has given us to enjoy as we have taken in and harvested the grace he so freely gives . I would encourage you to simply look around and enjoy GOD's work . I have thought and wondered at his miracles but now I don't waste that time , I simply enjoy the amazing , unbelievable and beautiful world he made for us . Let no man tell you there is no GOD .
My thoughts are with you , I pray this season will bring you good memory's for the years to come . GOD bless us and keep us .

dragon813gt
10-13-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty much missing the leaves changing this year. New job has me in San Antonio at the moment. Thermometer in the car was reading 100 in the shade yesterday. Don't get me wrong. I'm liking wearing shorts and a teeshirt this time of year. I miss seeing colors besides shades of brown around me. Not hunting means I will be paying for meat this winter. But after spending time in the hill country I can see myself moving there at some point :)

Preacher Jim
10-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Fall is my reminder that no matter what is going on around me God is still in control. the change of seasons occur on time as God has planned. Col. reminds use Jesus holds this world together. the seasons are evidence He is still in control.

DLCTEX
10-31-2015, 10:29 PM
I have made frequent trips onto the high plains in the past weeks and have been thankful to live in a place with so much diversity. On one trip I saw whitetail, mule deer (50 in one wheat field), antelope ( four large groups), quail, doves, pheasants, ducks in droves, sandhill cranes, Canada geese, jack and cottontail rabbits, and many varieties of song birds. All within a few hours drive from the house. What a great place to live!

OptimusPanda
10-31-2015, 10:37 PM
The trees here seem to be able to plan for the next 4 months better than the people.