PDA

View Full Version : Any central Oregon Elk and Deer hunters out there? Bend area also?

Just Duke
10-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Any central Oregon Elk and Deer hunters out there? Bend area also?

I'm close to recovering from the mess we had at the Nukem Ranch and I'm day dreaming of Roosevelt's and Rocky Mountain Elk.
Horse packing in again is also on my agenda. :bigsmyl2:

Just Duke
10-17-2015, 02:46 AM
<crickets chirping>

6bg6ga
10-17-2015, 06:28 AM
You waited too long and the deer and elk have migrated to Canada.

Just Duke
10-17-2015, 11:18 AM
I have some in a corral in my backyard that my mother in law carried home for me as Christmas gifts. I saw her jump my fence in the middle of the night with them in her mouth like a Grizzly bear with a Salmon.
I usually try and reward her with cans of cat food.

elk hunter
10-17-2015, 06:11 PM
If you move back to South Western Oregon I'd look at the Diamond Lake area. Had a friend that hunted there for several years using horses and they did quite well. The Bend area where we live isn't very good elk hunting. The success rate for the local area is a whopping 3%. The wife and I are a big part of that 3% most years. The local season started this morning, the wife and one grand-daughter have tags. We drove to where I wanted to have them sit at daylight and there was a least six trucks and a dozen guys already there. We didn't even stop but went to another spot and saw 25 or 30 head but couldn't get the ladies a shot. We're home right now putting something in the slow cooker for supper. We'll head back out in an hour or so.

Just Duke
10-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the story. I wish you the best of luck on your hunt sir.

quilbilly
10-17-2015, 08:11 PM
I have some in a corral in my backyard that my mother in law carried home for me as Christmas gifts. I saw her jump my fence in the middle of the night with them in her mouth like a Grizzly bear with a Salmon.
I usually try and reward her with cans of cat food. I would have liked to have seen your mother in law jump that fence. I think she would have preferred chocolates to cat food.[smilie=s: