PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Nosler bullets sabots combo?

218bee
10-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Bought a TC Impact a while back and enjoy testing it with a variety of bullets sabots etc that I either had or bought to experiment with.
I am only using 2F Black at this point and am happy so far.
Tried both Harvester and MMP sabots in diff dia.s
I purchased a blister pack of Barnes and Nosler bullets with sabots attached and as of yet have not tried either....kind of saving them due to their cost and want to become more familiar with the whole ML process.
My question is ... does anyone use the Nosler's??
Most all posts I see guys use either Barnes or Hornady but I,ve yet to see where someone recommends the Noslers or hates them even.
Wondering why.
Any thoughts?? I sure like Noslers in "regular" rifles.

rodwha
10-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Have you tried 3F in your rifle yet? It gives less fouling and higher velocity. I use 3F in both of my .44/.45 cal pistols and .50 cal rifle.

Ive been curious about trying sabots, but I've only shot ball or REALs so far. But I cast my projectiles and would only consider an aerodynamic bullet if I were to use a sabot for shots beyond 150 yds (been looking at Hornady).

218bee
10-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Havent tried 3F. Don't have any but got about 12lbs of 2F.
Maybe next year, deer season in a month so just getting used to the muzzleloader thing and tryin to pick a good load with what I got on hand.
Next im tryin is some 350gr "Gould" slight hollow point with some .458 sabots.
Havin fun experimenting

Pyro&Black
10-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Havent tried 3F. Don't have any but got about 12lbs of 2F.
Maybe next year, deer season in a month so just getting used to the muzzleloader thing and tryin to pick a good load with what I got on hand.
Next im tryin is some 350gr "Gould" slight hollow point with some .458 sabots.
Havin fun experimenting

If you are just getting into Muzzleloading, why do you have 12 lbs of powder?
Only one store out of every 20 sells Nosler Muzzleloader bullets. They are even difficult to find online and when you do, the store runs out quickly.

Barnes are everywhere on store shelves and just about every model of bullet they make is exceptional.

OnHoPr
10-11-2015, 12:45 AM
Well, I don't know about the bullets that come in the Nosler muzzleloader bullet pack. They look good though. I used the regular Nosler 240 gr 44 cal. with the old black TC sabot and they shot accurate. I shot a deer with one at twinight and the bullet went through a little bigger than an inch white oak sappling about 15 yds before the deer. Still hit the deer at point of aim basically and it went about 75 yds. The Nosler bullet that I mentioned is a tuffff bullet for 150 gr charges. It would be a great bullet or better than a lot of the pistol bullets that are loaded in the factory 444 marlins. At 200 yds when this bullet hits the sand berm the nose harldy deforms even when it is still doing 44 mag muzzle speeds. Loaded at the higher charges and the 100 yd woods scenario it will go through a wee bit of brush and stay true to target.

218bee
10-11-2015, 07:34 AM
If you are just getting into Muzzleloading, why do you have 12 lbs of powder?
Only one store out of every 20 sells Nosler Muzzleloader bullets. They are even difficult to find online and when you do, the store runs out quickly.

Barnes are everywhere on store shelves and just about every model of bullet they make is exceptional.
Why do I have 12lbs of powder....I am new to muzzleloading, but have been shooting BP in cartridges for 30yrs