PDA

View Full Version : Apologies for absence...

lovedogs
04-06-2008, 09:34 AM
My apologies for my long absence. Some may recall how I got married to my wonderful Joyce last July. She and I love shooting together and she's lovingly made me gifts of several nice guns since. She's our kind of gal!! Since marrying we've been traveling back and forth between the town where she lives and the one where I live. Meanwhile, I've been in the process of selling my house and moving to hers. I finally got it sold and was waiting for a break in the weather so I could make the move. On March 13th I was at my home and Joyce called with tragic news. Her only son, Chris, age 29 shot himself while under the influence of alcohol. A 9mm isn't a really powerful cartridge but put to the temple it'll get the job done. So I dropped everything and ran to her side. We've been dealing with the tragedy since. We are doing okay, considering. This in no way changes our outlook on shooting. No way! It was his mistake. So now I'm living out of my suitcase and planning to get moved even sooner than planned. I will be absent from the site for a while but will be back as soon as I'm settled again. Best Regards to you all. Hug your kids. Teach them good shooting habits. And warn them about the dangers of over indulgence of the booze. Under it's unfluence you never know what people might do. Talk to you all later. Mike

Jon K
04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Mike,

My prayers and thoughts for you and Joyce in this terrible loss. Hang in there with each other and God to get you thru this.

God Bless,
Jon

MtJerry
04-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Praying for you and your new family from over here in Central Montana ...

Nueces
04-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm awfully sorry to hear of your loss, Mike. I know there are no words, but there will be thoughts and prayers here for you and Joyce.

Mark

HeavyMetal
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
You have our thoughts with you on this issue. Please make sure Joyce sees a "qualified" grief consoler.

My wife had huge issues with depression after her sons death and really never recovered.

Depression can "accelerate" existing health conditions such as heart daseise.

Take care.

madcaster
04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Kneemail going up for both of you!

redbear705
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Having a freind whos daughter did something similar.....I grieve with you....JR

Blammer
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you got it rough for a while.

Chin up and keep the faith(Jesus) we'll be rootin for you.

JSnover
04-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I'll second the grief counselor recommendation. No one really knows how to handle that sort of tragedy.
Best wishes to both of you.

blackthorn
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
My wife and I extend our deepest condolences. May your faith sustain you through this troubled time. From experience I can only say that time softens the grief, hurt and anger. The sugestion on counseling is a good one.

1Shirt
04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
May God bless you and yours!
1Shirt!:coffee:

dmftoy1
04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow ..I"m speechless. I hope things go ok for you. You're in our prayers.

rvpilot76
04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
We look forward to hearing back from you again. Take care of you and yours.

Condolences,

Kevin

lovedogs
04-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Thank you all for your kindnesses. I'm back at my place now, facing the monumental task of getting packed up and moved to town to live at Joyce's, finally. Weather is better now so if my old bones hold up I'll get it done by the grace of God. We really appreciate the prayers! Don't know how long until I get another computer and am back on line, but I'll sure say "Howdy" again when I'm back. You all keep the faith. And keep those molten streams flowing. Best to all.... Mike