PDA

View Full Version : Crazy world

fritoguy
09-30-2015, 06:37 PM
I read and article on Fox news yesterday 9-29 that made me think: am I glad that it's not just the U.S. or am I sad that the whole world has gone crazy. A British soldier went to an emergency room hospital for treatment and was told that he should move to another room so as not to offend anyone because he was in uniform. Any thoughts?

jcwit
09-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Reminds me of the 60's.

Beerd
09-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Lets give the Brit docs the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe the man in uniform was moved to another room so no one would get upset if he was treated first.

runfiverun
10-01-2015, 10:05 AM
not likely.
they didn't want to upset the well,,,, [fill in your own picture] recipients

William Yanda
10-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Been around a long time. Kipling wrote "Tommy" about public attitude towards soldiers a century ago, and how it changes when there is war in the offing.

fritoguy
10-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Thanks, Beerd for your perspective. I would like to think that was the answer.

Hardcast416taylor
10-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Kinda sounds like they have O`Bama care?Robert

leadman
10-03-2015, 01:07 AM
I don't doubt that for a minute.
I was trying to get home to Michigan from Korea in 1973 and it took me 4 days just to get on a plane in Korea 'cuz they kept bumping me off for officers dependents. I managed to get to Chicago after a couple of days but they let my connecting flight leave early so I spent the night sleeping on a bench in the airport. When I boarded the plane and sat down a couple of old bitties I passed complained that they did not want to fly with a soldier. I just looked at them and said I was not getting off. They turned around and fumed.

KCSO
10-04-2015, 03:13 PM
It's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out the brute, but it's saviour of the country when the guns begin to shoot...

So things have changed in the last 100 years???

tygar
10-04-2015, 03:32 PM
It's funny, I know that bs happened all the time but it never happened to me. I was in VN 67-68, snuck home 2 times while on R&R, was stationed at MCRD, Pendleton, Elliott, MCAS Santa Ana & a recruiter in Escondido, during the 65-75 time frame when it was at it's height. Especially as a recruiter, in uniform all the time & going to schools & other venues, no one ever, at least where I could hear, said or did anything. Must have been my good looks & pleasant manner, right!

NavyVet1959
10-04-2015, 03:32 PM
"Sailors and dogs, keep off the grass!"

smokeywolf
10-04-2015, 05:04 PM
I have always been very happy to see service men and women close by. Would like to see the number of Americans in uniform triple.

Col4570
10-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes the Hospital is in Kent,the story is true and it has outraged most of us that someone should disrespect our Troops to this extent.Calls have been made for the guilty party to be fired from His/Her Job.Very often these events are acted out by Idiots rather than the actual people who might have been upset by the presence of the Airman.Nevertheless we do not want anyone here who might disrespect our Military personel.Unfortunately we have amongst us those who sympathise with Jehadist views,these are the ones we need to act upon.

Col4570
10-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Yes it is a Crazy World,today in the press it was suggested that people should not use the Office Microwave Oven to heat their Lunchtime Snacks ie Pork Sausage Rolls etc since they might offend certain ethnic races.I would think that it would work both ways and virtualy shut down the Ovens use since Halal and Kosha are not accepted by all.At this stage I think the World had gone absolutely loony if this sort of P,C rubbish was listened to.

runfiverun
10-05-2015, 02:53 PM
the second crusade will start soon enough.

gwpercle
10-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Is there anything you can do without offending someone ? Not that I can think of.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-05-2015, 04:18 PM
It's Tommy this and Tommy that and Tommy how's your soul
but it's a thin red line of heroes when the drums began to roll