PDA

View Full Version : Coming To Your Hometown: Syrian Refugees

Prospector Howard
09-20-2015, 03:47 PM
It looks like our glorious leader has decided that the U.S. has to start taking in 100's of thousands of Middle East "refugees". I understand that it's a total mess in the Middle East, but if you import the entire third world because you feel bad for them, how long does it take before the U.S. is a third world country? We're half way there already. Also, they talk about "vetting" them for possible extremists and jihadists. Yea, right; like that'll work out real well. There's a map on the Zero Hedge article that shows the reception sites where they'll show up first. This is rather disturbing to me, how do you all feel about it?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/John-Kerry-Syrian-refugees/2015/09/20/id/692440/

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/513554

RogerDat
09-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Let us start the conversation with accurate numbers. Since 2011 the US has taken in 1,500 Syrian refugees. The president proposes 10,000 over the next year or two. There have been others that have suggested between 20,000 and as many as 100,000 but these are not President Obama and it is a figure for ALL refugees, not just middle east or Syria.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/19/uk-europe-migrants-usa-idUKKCN0RJ0SN20150919

Getting from that to "100's of thousands" as stated seems dubious. As does connecting Syrian refugee issue with all migration from any less developed or 3rd world country. What about snagging the best and brightest from Brazil, Russia, India, and China so they work here rather than there. Many refugees are in fact the upper middle class, the doctors and business people, rather than the economic migrant crossing the southern boarder to work the fields.

Hickory
09-20-2015, 04:09 PM
if you import the entire third world because you feel bad for them, how long does it take before the U.S. is a third world country?

That has been the goal from the beginning.
America has been too rich, too powerful for too long.
Thanks to zero and a non congress to stop him, it is near competition.

Additional thoughts:
It could be that zero wants to create his own Palestinian state right here in the good ol' US of A. where Muslims fight and kill Christians and the Christian get the blame for being intolerant to Muslims.
Then after a period of time Christianity becomes a crime and . . . well you can see the future by watching the news about what's happening in Syria.
Just some thoughts.

jsizemore
09-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Let us start the conversation with accurate numbers. Since 2011 the US has taken in 1,500 Syrian refugees. The president proposes 10,000 over the next year or two. There have been others that have suggested between 20,000 and as many as 100,000 but these are not President Obama and it is a figure for ALL refugees, not just middle east or Syria.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/19/uk-europe-migrants-usa-idUKKCN0RJ0SN20150919

Getting from that to "100's of thousands" as stated seems dubious. As does connecting Syrian refugee issue with all migration from any less developed or 3rd world country. What about snagging the best and brightest from Brazil, Russia, India, and China so they work here rather than there. Many refugees are in fact the upper middle class, the doctors and business people, rather than the economic migrant crossing the southern boarder to work the fields.

Maybe you got some room next door to you for that "upper middle class".

Col4570
09-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Europe is awash with them,mainly able bodied males many hoping to get to the UK,some have died on unseaworthy boats or by accident trying to get onto Trains,Trucks etc.A lot are economic immigrants,some are genuine Refugees.Amongst them will be some Jehadists ordered to attack non believers.Quite Frankly this influx is causing political unrest throughout the regions affected.Water Cannon and Razor Wire is being used but nothing deters them.The biggest subject on most peoples minds is Immigration and the Lack of addressing the issue.This is coupled with the European open Borders policy introduced by Blair and his gang.Our infrastructure,Hospitals,Schools,Policing and public utilities are at stretching point.Whilst initialy these travellers where looked upon with sympathy people are realising the magnitude of the problem and wondering about the future of their offsprings.

shooter93
09-20-2015, 06:06 PM
No doubt it's a mess for those people and understandable why they are fleeing various countries. And with no real way to defend themselves or their country only makes it worse ( the second amendment here is a wonderful thing) I'm certain most everyone feels empathy towards them....however.....a country can only absorb so many people a year depending on their current economy. With our current true rate of unemployment the last thing we need is more people looking for work.

JWFilips
09-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Yes we have a few already in the Scranton / Wilkes Barre area. Some Church group brought them in this past week!
Remind me not to go to their food festival fund raiser next year!!! We have a hard enough time dealing with the new folks coming here from Philadelphia & NJ trying to expand their business!!!

smokeywolf
09-20-2015, 07:08 PM

Much of the U.S. has a severe un or under-employment problem. Yes, lets bring more "best and brightest" workers here and further dilute and bloat our labor force. Lets start by letting one of them take your job and do it for 20% less money.
Good luck supporting your family on your new job at Home Depot or Walmart.

Also remember that part of the taxes you pay go to support the babies being made by those refugees and illegal aliens who, knowing they can't pay for them, make those babies anyway. And, to add insult to injury, because that money is being taken from you under threat of imprisonment, you can't deduct it as a charitable contribution.

Before we spend another cent on the problems of other Countries or the people of other Countries, we need to fix our own economic and unemployment problems.

Not a cent, not a farthing to help anybody else, until the national debt in this Country is paid off and at least 95% of the labor force in our own Country is fully employed.

And, following that, no forced (taxed) charity.

As it is now, because the State and Federal governments tax the wage earners so they can turn around and give that money to those who want or need money, those who are in a position to provide help are at the mercy of those who want the help. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

If you choose to give some of what you earn to others, that's charity and a wonderful and Godly thing. If the government takes your earnings forcibly and gives those earnings to others, that's just plain extortion.

kfarm
09-20-2015, 09:15 PM
Deleted

RogerDat
09-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Ok smokey let us start with the basics.
10,000 is a drop in the bucket to either the unemployment rate or labor competition. You are I'm sure aware but others may not be that there are 300,300,000 Americans so for either unemployment (assuming none got work) or labor competition (assuming all worked) they would be a rounding error.

Can't have it both ways. They are bad because they leach off of welfare OR they are bad because they take jobs. Pick one because complaining about both makes no sense.

Smart people working hard tend to enhance the economy, they generate economic growth, having worked with idiots I can tell you they hurt everyone's productivity. The United States has always benefitted from getting the best from other countries to come here to make their fortune. We all gain if our country has the best engineers and scientists and entrepreneurs working here. China can graduate a butt load of engineers but if all the other engineers want to come here the US will have the better engineering talent. See how that works?

You got something against people that work at Home Depot? Not up to your standards? Or maybe you meant to imply HD and Wal-Mart don't pay enough for a person to live on without food stamps? I spent 20+ years driving a truck and know at least two people that I have worked with in the past that drove for Home Depot. On their hard working I earned my pay behalf take a long walk on a short dock because you are already all wet.

As for not staying and fighting 10,000 plus children killed, and around 7,000 women killed in Syria. Are you sure you would stay and keep your family living in a city that is in the middle of a war for several years? Or in a refugee camp for those same years with no possibility of meaningful life but living off of handouts? These people are trying to get to someplace to start over because they have decided they have no possibility of a normal, productive or safe life where they are. They are getting background checks and entry documents I'm pretty sure it would qualify as legal immigration.

Last question. What about the Christian refugees that are fleeing certain death from ISIS? Tell them go back to where you came from? If not how are their neighbors who are Muslim from the wrong sect equally liable to execution to be treated any different?

DougGuy
09-20-2015, 10:13 PM
I say give it a year or more and LET'S JUST SEE what they do to the European nations that take them in. THEN maybe we will have credible evidence as to what they will do to America should we take them in. Let their ACTIONS be their WORDS. 'Nuf said.

AND, if they cannot conform to Teddy's version of what an immigrant should be, then send them back!

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/DougGuy/dumb%20stuff/TheodoreRooseveltOnImmigrants_zpscf7ejjpu.jpg (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/DougGuy/media/dumb%20stuff/TheodoreRooseveltOnImmigrants_zpscf7ejjpu.jpg.html )

edler7
09-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Got this in my mail a while back.

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with birdseed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop! It was everywhere, on the patio tile, the chairs, the table…everywhere!Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. The other birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.After a while, I couldn’t even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.Soon, the back yard was like it used to be…quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let’s see…..Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, and free education and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.Then they came by the tens and hundreds of thousands, millions. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child’s 2nd grade class is behind other schools because half the class doesn’t speak English. Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to ‘press one’ to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than ‘Old Glory’ are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties. When asked why they breed like cockroaches, the reply is that it is a cultural thing.Just my opinion but, maybe its time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

<end of mail>

I think a lot of people in this country would agree with this.

smokeywolf
09-20-2015, 11:05 PM
RogerDat, here's what makes no sense:

You counting people under 16 and over 70 as part of the labor pool.
You counting all the welfare mothers who have more than 3 children as part of the labor pool (cost of babysitting for 3 exceeds average take-home pay).
You counting those on Federal disability (SSDI) as part of the labor pool.

In a nutshell, of the 300,300,000 you quote, less than half are employable and at least 10% of them are out of work.

"Can't have it both ways. They are bad because they leach off of welfare OR they are bad because they take jobs. Pick one because complaining about both makes no sense."

Why are you taking words from my post that are not there? I did not say that they were "bad". However, it makes perfect sense to complain about taking on the troubles of other people from other countries while there are so many Americans that are officially classified as living in poverty right now.

Better talent is great, but we have so many very qualified college graduates working at minimum wage jobs right now, lets get them employed first.

"You got something against people that work at Home Depot? Not up to your standards? Or maybe you meant to imply HD and Wal-Mart don't pay enough for a person to live on without food stamps?"

Again, because you don't like what I say, you intentionally re-word or re-define what I say. I have almost nothing but praise for those who work for HD, Lowes and most of the consumer level customer contact jobs. In case you haven't spoken with a customer service person in Home Depot lately, they average $11.00 to $12.00 per hour and are permitted to work no more than 30 hours per week. Last I heard there aren't too many places in the U.S. where one can support a family on $1,100 to $1,200 a month take-home.

Here's another thing that makes no sense, this sentence:
"On their hard working I earned my pay behalf take a long walk on a short dock because you are already all wet."
Second half of the sentence I get, but you lost me on the first half.

The basis of my post is that:

1. Americans come first.

2. Charity should be strictly voluntary, never forced by threat of imprisonment.

The U.S. gov't should not be in the business of collecting for or doling out monies for charity.

Prospector Howard
09-20-2015, 11:20 PM
RogerDat, you need to go re-read the numbers. They are looking to increase the numbers by 10's of thousands per year, every year going forward. This isn't a one-off thing. It doesn't take long to add up to hundreds of thousands.
This is a good reminder of what happens when a large influx of Muslims enters a western country. Islam is not "the religion of peace" that the liberal types keep blathering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8fzcT7jHG8

Thanks smokeywolf, I'm glad you chimed in. You always have good intelligent things to say.

sparky45
09-20-2015, 11:43 PM
John Kerry said today that the US is committed to taking 85,000 Syrian's (you can name what they are) + another 100,000 through 2016. If he's giving out numbers like this, then the actual number WILL be far larger.

RogerDat
09-20-2015, 11:53 PM
Smokey:
I'm saying since I know those people who work at HD and they earned their paychecks through good honest work dismissing their job as some bottom rung job your going to get stuck with is all wet. Seems to me I also see the same faces for years so at least some of the folks must consider it a job worth staying at.

10,000 people coming to this country is not going to cause any real economic problem, or make any difference in either unemployment or welfare recipients. Not really even a rounding error, less than that. Makes drop in the bucket sound like a gross exaggeration. Lot of people here these few not going hurt the economy.

It would also be nice to be holding up our ideals and reputation as a beacon of hope. If 10k fleeing years of war is too much for us to take in maybe it is time to take down the Statue of Liberty until we can live up to its inscription again.

"Bad" = Something we should not do. Or did I somehow get your post wrong and you are saying it is "Good" to allow 10,000 people fleeing a brutal war into the country. Good = Something we should do. Pretty sure I understood you to say it was "Bad" to let them in for the reasons stated but hey if you really are in favor of it.... feel free to clarify that support.

Pretty sure you complained they were going to take my job AND leach off of welfare. If I got that wrong please feel free to clarify which of these two ideas I incorrectly attributed to you.

Our college graduates can compete in the market place just fine. A doctor or engineer or any other technical or science graduate working for minimum wage is an exception not the rule. I also see no reason to not hire the A+ legal immigrant in order to make sure the D+ American graduate gets a job. Cream is supposed to rise in a meritocracy.

Dryball
09-21-2015, 12:06 AM
To just take in people, wholesale, is rediculous. If they want to come here...fine. Let them follow the proper procedures and become citizens that are motivated to prosper and support their new country. Just think back over our history...how the Italians, Irish, et. al were all looked down upon and persecuted. Granted, not many were terrorists though.

RogerDat
09-21-2015, 12:14 AM
RogerDat, you need to go re-read the numbers. They are looking to increase the numbers by 10's of thousands per year, every year going forward. This isn't a one-off thing. It doesn't take long to add up to hundreds of thousands.

Going from 70k to 85k and in a couple of years to 100k in total refugees. So IF (big if) that refugee influx continued for 4 years it would then be 100k additional. It would take 7+ years to reach an additional 200k refugees which would qualify as hundreds of thousands. And the Syrian portion is only specified as about 10 or 15 thousand.

You assume the elevated level will continue indefinitely or at least for many years. I assume it will decline after a few years. Both these are unproven assumptions EXCEPT that I'm using the time frame given in the article of 2017. It specifies 2016 levels and 2017 levels you assume that continues forever at the 2017 level, I assume that since specific levels are given for specific years that it will be evaluated and subject to adjustment in 2018.

BTW - these are really two subjects the Syrian refugees, which I'm guessing in at least the first year will make up much of the increase. And overall refugee limits which are an upper limit, not an absolute number that will be allowed in. It is the limit on how many may be allowed in.

MaryB
09-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Obama is REFUSING to let Christian refugees in for the most part! Very, very few have made it here and Obama has deported some of those!

Ok smokey let us start with the basics.
10,000 is a drop in the bucket to either the unemployment rate or labor competition. You are I'm sure aware but others may not be that there are 300,300,000 Americans so for either unemployment (assuming none got work) or labor competition (assuming all worked) they would be a rounding error.

Can't have it both ways. They are bad because they leach off of welfare OR they are bad because they take jobs. Pick one because complaining about both makes no sense.

Smart people working hard tend to enhance the economy, they generate economic growth, having worked with idiots I can tell you they hurt everyone's productivity. The United States has always benefitted from getting the best from other countries to come here to make their fortune. We all gain if our country has the best engineers and scientists and entrepreneurs working here. China can graduate a butt load of engineers but if all the other engineers want to come here the US will have the better engineering talent. See how that works?

You got something against people that work at Home Depot? Not up to your standards? Or maybe you meant to imply HD and Wal-Mart don't pay enough for a person to live on without food stamps? I spent 20+ years driving a truck and know at least two people that I have worked with in the past that drove for Home Depot. On their hard working I earned my pay behalf take a long walk on a short dock because you are already all wet.

As for not staying and fighting 10,000 plus children killed, and around 7,000 women killed in Syria. Are you sure you would stay and keep your family living in a city that is in the middle of a war for several years? Or in a refugee camp for those same years with no possibility of meaningful life but living off of handouts? These people are trying to get to someplace to start over because they have decided they have no possibility of a normal, productive or safe life where they are. They are getting background checks and entry documents I'm pretty sure it would qualify as legal immigration.

Last question. What about the Christian refugees that are fleeing certain death from ISIS? Tell them go back to where you came from? If not how are their neighbors who are Muslim from the wrong sect equally liable to execution to be treated any different?

MaryB
09-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Estimates place the number of "refugees" (why are 70++% of them young fighting age males?) leaving Syria at 5+ million. Obama has said he wants to see it increase to 100,000 PER YEAR in 2017. You cannot dump that many people who are not culturally compatible with our way of life into our cities and not expect trouble! Why aren't the muslim countries taking them in? Plenty of wealthy muslim countries that could not only handle the inflow but there would be no cultural clash!

This is an INVASION being brokered by Obama! Once they reach a critical mass we will see them demand more and more, they will demand their laws be followed etc. I ran into that in a neighborhood in Minneapolis where a single female friend was living. It had become about 80% muslim and the men were sexually harassing her on a daily basis. Threatened rape, threatened to kill her etc. She was grabbed and had some ugly bruises on her breasts when I got up there to help her move to a small town out near me. The cops refused to do anything because the muslims screamed discrimination the minute any of them were arrested.

As I was helping her move stuff into my truck one of the muslims made a grab for my chest. I blocked him. This happened 3 times then I purposely let my jacket ride up exposing my carry pistol. They backed off and settled for screaming insults at us. I have NO PLACE for them anywhere in this country after that! We have a constitution giving me freedom to dress as I please, to practice whatever religion I please, and to not have to put up with their garbage!

starmac
09-21-2015, 02:16 AM
The best and the brightest, whatever makes anyone think that is what we are bringing in, Oh yea, maybe that is what happened when we invited the Cubans over, We even got all engineers out of vietnam when we brought the boat people over, wasn't no impact because by the numbers it was just a small (very small) percentage of the total population. Well tell that to the second, third and fourth generation fishermen, shrimpers and crab boat owners on the gulf coast. A whole industry and a way of life for thousands of folks gone in a year or two.
You drive or at least drove a truck, then you must know what impact the folks from the middle east have had on the trucking industry in the last few years.
You also mentioned them trying to get their families to a safer and better life, but from what I have been reading, the refugees pouring into Europe is for the most part male, they left the women, dogs and kids behind. No worries though, I am sure that we will get the best and brightest engineers and doctors here.

smokeywolf
09-21-2015, 02:25 AM
My wife just read an article to me that implies that our anti-American D-B president wants to get the entire 100,000 here before he leaves office.

RogerDat, one more time! I have nothing but admiration and respect for someone who earns an honest and ethical dollar. That includes Home Depot employees. My point is, the average HD employee can't support a family on what the average HD employee is paid.
I've spent so much time in Home Depot, my family refers to it as, "Daddy's Disneyland". As a result I know several there by name and am always happy to see them.

Why do I have the feeling that you are going to re-word or re-phrase my above statement to make it say that I detest honest, hard working people. Oh well, that is the liberal's way of attempting to discredit logic.

As much as Americans have struggled over the last 8 or 9 years and as many in my middle-class neighborhood as I have seen lose their houses, it is my opinion that it's a bad thing if one single American who has been struggling to stay afloat financially, loses his job, his house or a single dollar because of money jobs or resources being taken or diverted from him or her to fix or pay for the woes of the rest of the world.

I don't have a lot of money, so I have to prioritize who gets it and how it is spent. Here is how my and ultimately my children's money is spent.

Family first
Friends
Neighbors
Local churches, charities or folks in need
Fellow American citizens

If there's anything left, foreign aid of some type. Since the Federal government forcibly takes my money and in spite of over 18 trillion dollars in national debt, allocates a portion to foreign aid, I don't feel a need to allocate more of something I already don't have enough of (gr).

You obviously don't feel Americans should come first.

KAF
09-21-2015, 09:50 AM
Detroit MI is a refugee designated area, so is Ft Wayne IN, llok at those places if you want to see what happens after the refugees get there. I was told by my DR in Ft Wayne to go the other direction IF I see Burmese coming my way at a mall or store. I take meds that weaken my immune system...... Hard telling what viruses are among them.

oldred
09-21-2015, 09:51 AM
For my part I have to remain undecided, or rather confused may be a better description, while it's a fact that some of these people are simply fleeing tyranny some are going to blend in to do harm so how do we separate them? Yes we must consider that these are human beings and we all reside on the same planet so we have a duty as human beings to try to alleviate the misery some of these people are suffering, but again does that mean just welcoming them with open arms? On the one hand if, for instance, we see someone drowning we have a duty to try to save them BUT that duty is limited so on the other hand our duty to help is limited by own safety. To all that are in favor of admitting these people despite the cost, your generosity is commendable but to reference the drowning victim while we do owe them an effort to save them simply jumping in and drowning with them is not the answer!

Prospector Howard
09-21-2015, 10:09 AM
What about the homeless veterans that are living on the streets? They served their country and are tossed aside like so much garbage. The VA hospitals are still a nightmare to get treatment from what I've seen. There's no money for them, but there's billions available to resettle all those "refugees". Also, I keep thinking of Obama moving to his cushy Hawaiian estate after he leaves office. I'll bet there won't be any "refugees" living in his neighborhood. We get to deal with it in our hometowns, but he'll wash his hands of the mess he left us. Don't forget too, that the Federal government is great at shifting the cost of stuff like this to the local communities for the ongoing costs. You can expect local property taxes to go up wherever they end up. As far as the numbers go, I'll bet my bottom dollar that the numbers end up higher than they're letting on. Every time some government type says a number on anything, it ends up being twice or three times higher than the original "estimate". Dont forget too, that there will be lots and lots of babies being born to these families in the future. MaryB, that's why I put up that youtube clip, to show what happens. The intollerance and arrogance is astonishing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-gives-muslim-refugees-priority-over-homeless-military-vets

Col4570
09-21-2015, 03:18 PM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-sas-trooper-single-handedly-kills-six-islamic-state-fighters-ambush-1520550

Yellow Fang
09-21-2015, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure you complained they were going to take my job AND leach off of welfare. If I got that wrong please feel free to clarify which of these two ideas I incorrectly attributed to you.

I believe the "(only) 10,000" assertion has been refuted.

Whatever the number, 25% can take jobs, while 75% can latch onto the welfare teat. How is this good?

Come tax time, please make sure to send in an extra check above and beyond what you "owe," if pulling in thousands of dependents is such a great idea. You're more than welcome to subsidize them out of your own pocket.

Kosh75287
09-21-2015, 05:02 PM
I live in Arlington, TX. Refugees of nearly ANY nationality you can name were here, long before I arrived. I'll be moving, directly.

In any case, it's not the immigrants/refugees of ANY class that concern me. It's the 1 in 10,000 "ISIS-activatable" refugees that stream in with the ones who probably want NOTHING to do with any of that, that scares ME.

jsizemore
09-21-2015, 05:08 PM
If they won't stand up to protect their country, what makes you think they'll do it here?

RogerDat
09-21-2015, 05:39 PM
I live in Arlington, TX. Refugees of nearly ANY nationality you can name were here, long before I arrived. I'll be moving, directly.

In any case, it's not the immigrants/refugees of ANY class that concern me. It's the 1 in 10,000 "ISIS-activatable" refugees that stream in with the ones who probably want NOTHING to do with any of that, that scares ME.

Like the propaganda that ISIS uses to gain terrorist recruits can't create home grown terrorist? Being afraid is hardly a precursor to using your best reasoning powers to assess the situation. Good for flight of fight activation, analysis and assessment not so much. Actually I did not see the link that refutes the 10k -15k number for Syrian refugees. Just doing the math going from 70 to 85 means you get to pick up an additional 15 if they were all Syrian there you go an additional 15k.

I tend to reject the counter factual argument of oh they will get it all wrong and the numbers will be wildly different (always in the direction that supports MY narrative I might add). If we have a range from 0 to 85,000 next year as limits on all allowed refugees there is not really any more support for actual numbers of All Refugees (not Syrian refugees) being 85,000 than there is for 0. I can easily see us publicly raising the Limit Allowed without actually allowing more. The announcement sits well with our allies, but is not the same as saying we will do it, or doing it.

I guess I figure if tiny Jordan can handle 600,000 to over 1,000,000 for several years maybe we can take in an extra 10k or 15k without collapse and anarchy. After all we are a whole lot bigger and richer than Jordan. These refugees are going to get background checks which are not absolutely guaranteed to prevent all possibility of an undesirable person slipping through but you want perfect guarantees you need to be on the other side of the grave.

So illegal immigration is bad, legal immigration of refugees is bad. Like I said why we got that big green lady standing in NY harbor? All that copper has scrap value if she has become a meaningless symbol.

shooter93
09-21-2015, 05:45 PM
As starmac said....what makes anyone think we are getting the best and the brightest? The entire world expects us to take any "refugee" without any consideration to their character or intent once they are here. Immigration has always been regulated here....or was.....and Ellis Island wasn't just an entry point but also a quarantine. I don't see any mention of how the "refugees" would be screened and most likely will be simply dumped in various places and leaving the burden to the States they are sent too. Many of which simply can't handle any more people who are not instantly productive. Even the "brightest" of the " refugees" will need a lot of assistance before they are truly absorbed into our way of life. If the United States is going to be the world's savior and fix all the problems then it should be done by our rules.

smokeywolf
09-21-2015, 07:59 PM
After all we are a whole lot bigger and richer than Jordan.

The link below would indicate that we are not rich enough to take on any additional financial burden right now and probably not for the next half century. And even a half century would assume that we had politicians who put the welfare of Americans ahead of that of the citizens of other countries.

Nope, as long as there is debt and deficit spending, there is no money available to allocate to solving the problems of other countries or the citizens of those other countries.

As long as there is debt, there is no extra money to spend on the misfortunes of other people or other nations; not even friendly nations.

http://www.usdebtclock.org

starmac
09-21-2015, 09:34 PM
I got a laugh out of the whole richer than Jordan thing. We are for all practical purposes BANKRUPT. We will have to borrow fuel money to even get the refugees here, much less the handouts they will recieve once here. I get they are human, I get that they have basically trashed their homeland to the point it is no longer livable for various reasons. I also get we are made up of immigrants, so is basically every other country in the world, but many have very strict standards to immigration, some just have a no vacancy sign out, at some point we will be forced to put the no vacancy sign out, instead of the come on in sign, legal as well as illegal.
I also have no faith in our govt to screen anybody period. Heck folks at homeland security hired for every airport, went through severe screenings, and some of them were illegal immigrants that were hired, how could that be possible?

Handloader109
09-21-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm as charitable as a lot of other people but I draw the line when almost ZERO of these refugees hve been allowed into neighboring MUSLIM Countries such as UAE and egypt and Saudi Arabia. When every MUSLIM country has taken in 100k of these folks, the US should then allow a few. Until then, and only then should we allow any. Let the EU fools in charge over there continue to destroy their economy and their heritage and society.
I do agree with Teddy,assimilate or don't come here. We celebrate cultural diversity as a good thing and it is not

starmac
09-21-2015, 10:03 PM
I propose a deal, trade sort of. How about we will take one Syrian immigrant for every illegal Mexican, Central or South American they take from us.
How many countries over there steps up and takes any, And I mean any refugees from this side of the world?

Bman1954
09-21-2015, 10:06 PM
I see this refugee crisis play out and I think we are missing the big picture here.Why did we destabilize Syria and Libya?.Who recruited,trained and armed Isis?Why are we causing trouble in the Ukraine?Maybe we can't handle the answer to these questions.I certainly hope my suspicions are wrong. Craig

edler7
09-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Refugees go back home when (insert calamity here) is over. These people will not get off Uncle Sam's gravy train once they get on, so they are not refugees.

RogerDat
09-22-2015, 12:17 AM
As starmac said....what makes anyone think we are getting the best and the brightest? The entire world expects us to take any "refugee" without any consideration to their character or intent once they are here. Immigration has always been regulated here....or was.....and Ellis Island wasn't just an entry point but also a quarantine. I don't see any mention of how the "refugees" would be screened and most likely will be simply dumped in various places and leaving the burden to the States they are sent too. Many of which simply can't handle any more people who are not instantly productive. Even the "brightest" of the " refugees" will need a lot of assistance before they are truly absorbed into our way of life. If the United States is going to be the world's savior and fix all the problems then it should be done by our rules.

You do understand that you just demonstrated my complaint that people make up "facts" and scenario that support their narrative without any supporting evidence. Two claims one based only on you have not heard what they are going to do. Therefor they are clearly going to do the bad thing you suspect.

Also you do have to be aware that many, many of the countries in the area have been bearing the brunt, taking not 10 or 15 or even 85 thousand but into the millions of refugees. You I'm pretty sure are aware that Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey are majority Muslim countries and currently have a few million Syrian refugees. That was sort of my point, the Middle East and Europe are doing the job as best they can. You want to lead? Sometimes you have to actually do something because it is the right thing, not the easy or popular thing.

But why talk immigration or refugee asylum with people who object to anyone being allowed in. Like discussing sexual technique with a virgin priest, just sort of pointless.

smokeywolf
09-22-2015, 02:22 AM
I don't object to letting people into the U.S. My wife came here legally and stayed here legally. She collected not a dime in government money, cost American taxpayers exactly $0.00.

I have no objection to people coming to America as long as it is done legally and does not cost American taxpayers a dime. Not a farthing!

We have a government and a debt which are both out of control. We have too many living in poverty and our veterans are not receiving the care that they earned and were promised.

Until our debt is zeroed and until our own citizens are taken care of, there is no tax money available to be donated to people in third world countries or any other country for that matter.

Take another look at this, http://www.usdebtclock.org

There is no more money! PERIOD.

The tax money that you want to use to help these people does not exist.

That's why we're not paying down our national debt. THERE IS NO MONEY.

MaryB
09-22-2015, 03:29 AM
Obama changed the immigration oath. Muslim "refugees" no longer have to swear an oath to defend the USA!

If they won't stand up to protect their country, what makes you think they'll do it here?

starmac
09-22-2015, 04:28 AM
Just curious, how many immigrants from the middle east come here every year for say the last 20 years, it has to be several thousand? How big of a percentage of our total population right now as it stands made up of middle east immigrants?

I am not talking Muslims, because all of them are not.
The reason I ask is it has to be small, percentage wise, and even a smaller percentage drives trucks for a living, but they have in just the last few years destroyed many truckstops all across the nation, totally trashed them. There are enough of them that they have driven freight rates down to unsustainable levels, They do not follow our dot laws, I have seen the dot stop them for inspection and have to have a hazmat cleanup contractor come out and sanitize their trucks before they could inspect them. I know dealers that will not allow their trucks in the shop even for warranty work. I have seen them urinate in the fuel island while filling up with diesel, I have seen them kick what seemed like a months worth of trash out in the fuel island, while there was a trash can RIGHT there, 3 or 4 feet away. These are the ones that came here on there own, I can just imagine what the best and brightest that are getting run out of their own country is like.

Prospector Howard
09-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Looks like we have one person here who thinks it's no big deal. He could be a troll, I'm not sure yet. Of course, he seems to have a comprehension problem. Again, for his inability to comprehend. "The Obama administration will increase the number of refugees allowed into the US ANNUALLY to 100,000 in 2017. The current limit is 70,000 and that will go up to 85,000 in fiscal 2016 then to 100,000 ANNUALLY in 2017, Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday during meetings in Berlin. KERRY ALSO SAID HE WOULD BE LOOKING INTO WAYS TO EXPAND BEYOND 100,000 IN LATER YEARS." This is going to go on and on and on. Do some simple math, get it? How many is John Kerry looking to expand the number to? I have to admit I didn't know that the US was already letting in 70,000 refugees per year. Personally, I think that's already too many. This country is already saturated with well over 300 million people. With the natural population growth, we really don't need any more. At a certain point of saturation, the quality of life starts to diminish. Just look at places where you have the most amount of people in one geographic area. The 2nd amendment and the Constitution are abused the most in those areas. It's a natural progression of diminished rights. You want to live in a third world police state, just continue down that path. Come one come all. It is beyond the time to put a stop to it. It wouldn't surprise me if the death of the 2nd amendment comes from jihadists that slip through and then carry out shooting sprees. Then we have our "Australia moment". See it's the guns, we have to do something! It's not the extremists they let slip through. Some people really have a hard time visualizing what could go wrong. I just don't trust ANYTHING the Federal Gov does or says anymore. And as pointed out, this nation is not rich. We are the most indebted nation the planet has ever seen. If you want to see a real crisis, just keep running up the debt and printing money out of thin air until the dollar is worthless.

jmort
09-22-2015, 10:34 AM
"Looks like we have one person here who thinks it's no big deal. He could be a troll, I'm not sure yet. Of course, he seems to have a comprehension problem. Again, for his inability to comprehend."

A contrarian who is wrong over and over again and may well be a troll. We should be deporting muslims, not adding worthless scum to further burden our welfare rolls.

white eagle
09-22-2015, 10:48 AM
I really get a kick out of these type of threads
let me ask wasn't this country formed by refugees and foreign immigrants?

Bad Water Bill
09-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Every month I listen to B H O brag that under his administration they have created 150,000-200,000 new jobs.

Business created those jobs not the politicians.

Also keep in mind that OVER 250,000 new LEGAL residents enter the job market each and every month.

Anything less than 1/4 MILLION new jobs means the government is restricting the true growth in our country.

M-Tecs
09-22-2015, 11:43 AM

Yes during a time when, if you didn't contribute, you went hungry. We are long past that point and IMHO if you don't have anything useful to contribute you should not be allowed access.

Australia has a very good system.

http://www.workpermit.com/australia/point_calculator.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/11275359/Australia-toughens-up-immigration-laws.html

merlin101
09-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Just curious, how many immigrants from the middle east come here every year for say the last 20 years, it has to be several thousand? How big of a percentage of our total population right now as it stands made up of middle east immigrants?

I am not talking Muslims, because all of them are not.
The reason I ask is it has to be small, percentage wise, and even a smaller percentage drives trucks for a living, but they have in just the last few years destroyed many truckstops all across the nation, totally trashed them. There are enough of them that they have driven freight rates down to unsustainable levels, They do not follow our dot laws, I have seen the dot stop them for inspection and have to have a hazmat cleanup contractor come out and sanitize their trucks before they could inspect them. I know dealers that will not allow their trucks in the shop even for warranty work. I have seen them urinate in the fuel island while filling up with diesel, I have seen them kick what seemed like a months worth of trash out in the fuel island, while there was a trash can RIGHT there, 3 or 4 feet away. These are the ones that came here on there own, I can just imagine what the best and brightest that are getting run out of their own country is like.

You forgot to mention just how unsafe some of the trucks they drive, I've seen brakes worn down so far it was steel on steel and throwing sparks whenever the brakes were applied. The solution didn't include new parts or even road service, the driver just backed the adjuster off and clamped off the airline. I also saw two of them under a truck beating with a hammer, turns out the driveshaft yoke was so worn out they beat pennies into the gap and used duct tape to keep the u-joint caps in place. Are these the BEST AND BRIGHTEST?
I'm with Smoky on this, THERE IS NO MONEY FOR THIS!!!!

jmort
09-22-2015, 12:15 PM
"I really get a kick out of these type of threads
let me ask wasn't this country formed by refugees and foreign immigrants?"

I really get a kick out of people who want to spend/waste other peoples' money. These leeches will end up on welfare and multiply like rabbits and spawn generations of "home grown" terrorists. A lose-lose deal, for sure. Nothing good will come from this, at best.

Bad Water Bill
09-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Look at what has happened in N Y City,Minneapolis,Detroit and other cities and towns.

As soon as they have X amount of THEIRS in an area they set up their own legal system and defy the legal officials to stop them.

Now they DEMAND that their children must be served THEIR special food at lunch time as ours does not meet their religious standards.

What is stopping their parents from doing what most of ours did when we went to school?

BROWN BAG IT.

This is our country like it or leave PERIOD.

RogerDat
09-22-2015, 12:47 PM

To Paraphrase Bill Murray - We are mutts! Kicked out of every decent country in Europe so here we are.
Myself I'm Scotch Irish on my southern side, English and French on my northern side.

You know every so often, and every time we have had a wave of immigrants since sometime in the 1800's there have been the same nativist movements that raise the exact same arguments every time. Yet somehow those folks they rail against become absorbed into the American nation and we keep on keeping on.

This cartoon from 1928 shows the typical arguments from then which seem to have a lot in common with today. They follow a different religion (pope in rome), they drink to much (rum) and they have the wrong politics (red). Nice to know we survived that horrible influx. I'm betting we can handle this one too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativism_(politics)#/media/File:Immigrants1.jpg

As to being a troll, I disagree with some of the opinions expressed, but that hardly qualifies me as a "troll" since the posts are on topic and only inflammatory if you can't stand reasoned debate. I'm not resorting to name calling etc. I just think that way too much rancor and hostility is directed at something that does not warrant it. Keeping an eye on things over time and being able to offer constructive criticism is good. Knee jerk hostility not so much. If the situation in 2018 warrants an evaluation and adjustment then it makes sense to addresses it then rather than use the fictional harm projected on that future as an argument today in order to prevent having to consider choices later.

I think many, not all, but many refugees will be very grateful to this country, they will influence the opinions of people they know in the countries they left. These might then be people that will think the Jihadist are wrong to target the USA. Hard for the majority of people to hate the country that sheltered their relatives. I think Turkey screwed up royally when the Kurdish fighters were just over the boarder fighting ISIS and Turkey instead of supporting them blocked aid and reinforcements from getting to Kobani. One good way to discredit the hard liners is to do the people a solid favor, hard to badmouth them after that for most people. Again not all people but most. We have the same opportunity.

RogerDat
09-22-2015, 01:03 PM
You forgot to mention just how unsafe some of the trucks they drive, I've seen brakes worn down so far it was steel on steel and throwing sparks whenever the brakes were applied. The solution didn't include new parts or even road service, the driver just backed the adjuster off and clamped off the airline. I also saw two of them under a truck beating with a hammer, turns out the driveshaft yoke was so worn out they beat pennies into the gap and used duct tape to keep the u-joint caps in place. Are these the BEST AND BRIGHTEST?
I'm with Smoky on this, THERE IS NO MONEY FOR THIS!!!!

I left a company for another job and on my way out I left over a page on a legal pad of safety issues for the two trucks I was forced to drive until I could find another job. From king pins being shot, defroster or wipers not working, emergency brake disabled, rear suspension mounts cracked. Gave the manager the list and keys in front of witnesses and told him the only reason I drove those trucks anyplace but the State Police post for red tagging was because I needed the job. You do what you want but you better hope I never get called into court after an accident, I'm keeping a copy of this list. Keys were back on the drivers board before I was out of the door.

Drove 6 years for a place where we had a couple of good ole boys with so much food wrappers garbage under their seats and in the cab that the rats and roaches moved to other places to find a nicer neighborhood. Did keep anyone from moving the trucks around the yard if they could avoid it.

Trucks that are unsafe, poorly maintained, and garbage strewn were here before, still are, won't go away no matter what we do on immigration. I used to think that driving was a job that could not be outsourced but with the Teamsters having lost a lot of clout I can see where cheap freight rates from new immigrants willing to do whatever it takes for a paycheck could be a problem. No one to put up much of a fuss about it except the independents.

starmac
09-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Disabled parking brakes, exactly what kind of truck were you driving. LOL NO and I mean NO truck driver ever has to drive an unsafe truck ever, something is bad wrong when a driver can't make a phone call and get a job within minutes, and it has been this way for a number of years.

Most of the larger companies change out their fleet before they even need a brake job.

GaryN
09-22-2015, 05:17 PM
At first I thought I was in the pit. I had to check. Then I added someone to my ignore list. I feel better now.

shooter93
09-22-2015, 07:24 PM
To start with Roger I never said it was a fact. I said I see no indication of how they would be screened and haven't found any. I can go somewhat on past experience though. When the world screamed at us to just do the right thing and just take the Cuban "refugees" that is exactly what happened. A large number were dumped in our state....here you go you fine Christian people.....and we got a rather large number of criminals who started the most ruthless gangs the country has ever seen. Yes....this country was built with immigrants. My people didn't immigrate to the United States....there was no United States when we came. We opened our arms to anyone and everyone but it did eventually become apparent that some form of regulation had to be instituted to control the number of people coming in in order to protect the country and it's economy. Keep in mind the FIRST obligation of any president is to protect the country. The day has passed when we can just open all the doors and let everyone walk into the country. This country is struggling....we are broke...we have to fix our troubles so we can help others but we have to do that first.

starmac
09-22-2015, 09:21 PM
We do not no how or even if the govt is planning to go about screening, they do have a track record to look at.

We also do not know how they will be housed and fed or for how long, but we do have a track record to go by.

We also do not know if they will assimilate and adjust to the laws of the land, but we do have a track record to go by.

None, and I mean none, of these track records are anything to look forward to period.

MaryB
09-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Yes by immigrants who WANTED TO BECOME Americans. They integrated into our society as we took the best parts of their society for ours. The muslims I have run into have zero intention of EVER integrating, they do NOT want to be an American, they want a islam to rule the USA. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Harter66
09-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Just last weekend our SO questioned and sent on his way an Iranian national in a rented car from Mississippi about why he had a camera fitted on a telescope pointed at our major employers facilities in mid-day . Now I don't like to call names or profile people into stereotypes but I'm comfortable in putting that shoe on that guy. Because we are rural and painfully 40 hr driven ackmed could have driven into town on Monday night after 10 ,parked in a casino employee area edge and cruised out to the overlook after school started and been basically unseen . My hope is that it was a goobermental test of the community, if it wasn't then we will walk on eggs for the next year or more .

We all know how to stop all of this ( ok 98% of it) but it requires that we don't caudal and cow to the world . It's time for belts and broomsticks and to make our politicos stand up as if they have a spine . We have just 13 months ,13 days until we can make a peaceable change plus 11 weeks to eviction , we juse have to hope that the LEO can hold the line 16 months.

quilbilly
09-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Just last weekend our SO questioned and sent on his way an Iranian national in a rented car from Mississippi about why he had a camera fitted on a telescope pointed at our major employers facilities in mid-day . Now I don't like to call names or profile people into stereotypes but I'm comfortable in putting that shoe on that guy. Because we are rural and painfully 40 hr driven ackmed could have driven into town on Monday night after 10 ,parked in a casino employee area edge and cruised out to the overlook after school started and been basically unseen . My hope is that it was a goobermental test of the community, if it wasn't then we will walk on eggs for the next year or more .

We all know how to stop all of this ( ok 98% of it) but it requires that we don't caudal and cow to the world . It's time for belts and broomsticks and to make our politicos stand up as if they have a spine . We have just 13 months ,13 days until we can make a peaceable change plus 11 weeks to eviction , we juse have to hope that the LEO can hold the line 16 months.
The above is why I watch very carefully when I drive by my local ammunition loading depot weekly on business.

DougGuy
09-23-2015, 07:39 PM
NONE of the Somali "immigrants" that I worked with in Minnesota have ANY INTENTION of westernizing or Americanizing, they are only here for themselves, they make demands of the host nation (US) to suit their preferences and call it "religion." The more that come, the more trouble they are going to bring with them. Oblameitonme is out of control and apparently intends to "throw the doors open" and take any and all of them his administration can get over here by the time he departs office.

Anyone still questioning his foreign policies should have all the answers they need by 2016.

funnyjim014
09-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Mr....Achmedd.....Are you a terrorist? No? Ok come on in, here is your pileof free money

M-Tecs
09-23-2015, 08:31 PM
NONE of the Somali "immigrants" that I worked with in Minnesota have ANY INTENTION of westernizing or Americanizing, they are only here for themselves, they make demands of the host nation (US) to suit their preferences and call it "religion." The more that come, the more trouble they are going to bring with them.

You are 100% correct except they are fully Americanized when it comes to abusing the welfare programs. A friend of mines wife is a program manager for immigrant welfare. She is sickened by the way the system is being used and abused by the mostly Somali "immigrants". It's not uncommon for the applicants to drive up in a new Mercedes wearing lots of gold jewelry yet they are on every assistance program available. All have social media so when one figures out a new assistance program the next day three hundred are in the office filling claims.

dragon813gt
09-23-2015, 09:12 PM
This is all shaping up as the beginning of another World War. Destabilization in Europe has already caused two of them. I have a bad feeling about all of this because it seems very orchestrated. This one will involve a lot more countries and I fear no one will be safe. The governments are completely ignoring common sense. Some countries in Europe finally seem to get it but this is just making matters worse. I hope I am wrong.

MaryB
09-23-2015, 10:19 PM
I have ran into the Somali's grocery shopping, well in one case smelled it half an aisle away and gagged and had to back out... Rude comes to mind. They think they are special and don't have to show common courtesy to non-muslims. They also do not control their kids. After one of their kids rammed the cart into my shin for the third time I finally got rude and went from excuse me to "control your brat before I do physical damage" she started screaming at me in whatever that language is until she saw my carry pistol(oops did I let my jacket fall open...). Then she grabbed her kids and ran leaving the cart blocking the aisle.

I got to the front of the store and she was screaming at store security who said they had it on camera and SHE was in the wrong and she could leave now or be dragged out by that nice cop standing behind you... She accused me of pointing the gun at her kids. I never touched it and it never even showed up on camera. That particular WalMart is not posted against carrying and my LGS guy eats there often and we have a gun club meeting at the Subway that is part of it now and then. Store managers know we all carry and don't care because most of them are gun club members.

starmac
09-23-2015, 10:57 PM
You are 100% correct except they are fully Americanized when it comes to abusing the welfare programs. A friend of mines wife is a program manager for immigrant welfare. She is sickened by the way the system is being used and abused by the mostly Somali "immigrants". It's not uncommon for the applicants to drive up in a new Mercedes wearing lots of gold jewelry yet they are on every assistance program available. All have social media so when one figures out a new assistance program the next day three hundred are in the office filling claims.

They don't figure out the new assistance programs, that is what they have govt paid community organisers for.

M-Tecs
09-23-2015, 11:13 PM
They don't figure out the new assistance programs, that is what they have govt paid community organisers for.

You are correct. I should have stated "when one is shown a new assistance program"

Prospector Howard
11-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Real nice; this is what I come home from work to see on the "news". Yea, lets bring in a few hundred thousand, or a million more, what could go wrong?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

jonp
11-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Every state the muslims have been dropped on from MN to ME have regreted it.

montana_charlie
11-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Obama is determined to bring a slug of 'refugees' in.
We the people are determined that he won't.
With this attack in Paris, if Obama continues to fill the nation with Islamists, it might be time to get massed up and go jerk him out of the Whitehouse for a heart-to-heart exchange of ideas with a group of real Americans ... not that bunch of traitorous yes men he has surrounded himself with.

gray wolf
11-13-2015, 10:06 PM
In case there is any doubt,
watch the darn video and then tell me how many of these nice people you want in your town.

Yes the audio has been deleted, if you need voice on this I don't no what to tell you ?
I think the Video say's it all. I wish the trolls would get off this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev9zxdpg6s8

Artful
11-13-2015, 10:15 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

JWFilips
11-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Obama is determined to bring a slug of 'refugees' in.
We the people are determined that he won't.
With this attack in Paris, if Obama continues to fill the nation with Islamists, it might be time to get massed up and go jerk him out of the Whitehouse for a heart-to-heart exchange of ideas with a group of real Americans ... not that bunch of traitorous yes men he has surrounded himself with.

He continues his pledge to Fill Our America with his Devil's seed!

Bad Water Bill
11-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Lets put a lot of SWIFT BOATS in the med to convince those refugees that they are safer where they came from.

Next form a special force of the best men across Europe and march those rioting criminals back into the med and see just how good they are at swimming back to their homelands.

Find out where all of the money is coming from to supply and feed these terrorists and seize their accounts.

Perhaps it is time to exchange the tear gas for FLAME THROWERS and convince them they will never bee welcome here but we will be glad to send them to meet their maker.

MaryB
11-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Napalm...

Harter66
11-14-2015, 01:09 AM
It's just Tide and JP4 .

"But they're just misunderstood"

"It's not all Muslims just a few radicals"

"Islam is a religion peace"

"These sorts of things don't happen in the rest of the civilized world"

Hmmm . Yet those that howl so loud refuse the pack and none dared to trust the stranger that wanted only to know the pack .......

Yep that's pretty deep .
It means without every man and communication we're screwed . I expect we are pretty much done anyway. Even an angry army of old men is no match for what is coming.

gray wolf
11-14-2015, 02:08 AM
This is all shaping up as the beginning of another World War. Destabilization in Europe has already caused two of them. I have a bad feeling about all of this because it seems very orchestrated. Well of course it's orchestrated, Dilute America, make us a third world nation, it's called globalization, it's not about humanitarianism. do you think the people doing this or behind this care about these people ? This one will involve a lot more countries and I fear no one will be safe. The governments are completely ignoring common sense. Some countries in Europe finally seem to get it but this is just making matters worse. I hope I am wrong.

I added my comments to the above.

Col4570
11-14-2015, 03:49 AM
Todays News,many dead in Paris attacks.Total Lock Down on the Streets.

robg
11-14-2015, 07:03 AM
its the third world war and the soft west is in denial.we have to remove this plague or the world goes back to the dark age.

Prospector Howard
11-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Wow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0j4Vm-XVIY

Good commentary:
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230861

gray wolf
11-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Socialism and progressiveness = the destruction of our civilization.

Legal ---good Illegal---Bad

tommag
11-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Here's one of the Syrian refuges in France
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/breaking-paris-isis-terrorist-registered-as-refugee-on-leros-island-in-greece-in-october/.

montana_charlie
11-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Here's one of the Syrian refuges in France
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/breaking-paris-isis-terrorist-registered-as-refugee-on-leros-island-in-greece-in-october/.
In that photo there are roughly 200 people. I could only pick out two women, and no kids.

Bad Water Bill
11-14-2015, 03:50 PM
My questions is who is providing the funds to collect,train, provide the planning,leadership and coordination of these hundreds of thousands of INVADERS?

The last time I can recall such a mass invasion was during WW2.

William Yanda
11-14-2015, 07:25 PM
"thinking of Obama moving to his cushy Hawaiian estate after he leaves office. I'll bet there won't be any "refugees" living in his neighborhood."

Moving to HI I wish. I think it's safe to bet he will remain in the DC area going back to his community organizing ways. We'll see in about 16 months.

pressonregardless
11-14-2015, 09:00 PM
Stop invading & bombing their countries & there won't be refugees.

jcwit
11-14-2015, 09:19 PM
Those are the youngest and healthiest refugees I've ever seen on the front pages!

Bad Water Bill
11-14-2015, 09:56 PM

Welcome to my very short list of persons to be ignored.

M-Tecs
11-14-2015, 10:17 PM

Are you serious????? If not a quick review of the history of mankind will show you how wrong you are.

ZippyHillbilly
11-14-2015, 10:19 PM
I always refer to ole George Patton : May God have mercy on the souls of my enemies, becuase I will not.

shoot-n-lead
11-14-2015, 10:25 PM

BINGO!

Let his charity start at HIS house.

shoot-n-lead
11-14-2015, 10:26 PM

BINGO!

Let his charity start at HIS house.

I do detest a bleeding heart liberal.l

jcwit
11-15-2015, 12:38 AM
I always refer to ole George Patton : May God have mercy on the souls of my enemies, becuase I will not.

Hey, I like that!

bob208
11-15-2015, 05:58 AM
Trump said it was an invasion. he said most were men between 18 to 35 all fighting age. all in good health.

Bad Water Bill
11-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Have you ever seen a large group (yes thousands) traveling cross country in a foreign land unless they were a well organized invasion force?

When ever most of us travel we stay on roads and major highways but there are many scenes where these supposed refugees are traveling in mass across the open country.

Where do they find the food and water to keep going day after day unless it is a well organized and funded invasion?

Wake up folks this is for real and I fear they are well trained killers.

Col4570
11-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Well said Bill,For a while now we have known that this amount of able bodied males forcing their way into a country spells trouble,we are now witnessing the results of inadequate Governmental folly big time.The events in Paris are a direct result of this mass movement encouraged by such politicians as Angela Merkel and their open borders policies.

smokeywolf
11-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Germany's defense minister, Ursula von der Leyen, is trying to save face for Angela Merkel by asserting that these "refugees" are not connected with the muslim murderers in Paris.

When is the world going to see that a muslim's idea of "freedom of religion" is the slaughter of every man, woman and child who are not muslim.

Prospector Howard
11-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Even after what happened Friday, these blathering idiots last night still think it's a great idea to bring more into this country. This level of stoopid is beyond belief.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZDFTJiHs4

Another good commentary:
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230901

I'm starting to get the feeling that those in power want another large scale attack inside the U.S. (with so called "assault weapons") so they can blame the guns. "Look it's those evil guns again". It has nothing to do with the people these geniuses are importing. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't pass the smell test to me. If there is some kind of attack and the first thing they do is act like it's the guns that are the problem, it's really going to be obvious.

montana_charlie
11-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Syrian refugees are running from ISIS.

winchester85
11-15-2015, 03:34 PM
and i am sure that plenty of the "refugees" ARE ISIS.

even if they are not, let them fight their own oppressors. they do not need to come here!

gray wolf
11-15-2015, 03:50 PM
but this just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

That's because you have common sense,
You have the ability to participate in critical thinking,
and you do not have blinders on.

gray wolf
11-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Germany's defense minister, Ursula von der Leyen, is trying to save face for Angela Merkel by asserting that these "refugees" are not connected with the muslim murderers in Paris.

When is the world going to see that a Muslim's idea of "freedom of religion" is the slaughter of every man, woman and child who are not Muslim.

Another first prize winner.

starmac
11-15-2015, 04:54 PM

Now I am finally going to learn something on this thread.
Tell me, what century was it that the religion of peace had the live and let live attitude themselves.

ZippyHillbilly
11-15-2015, 05:08 PM
I think "radical" or "extremist" are very relative terms to any given set of circumstances. These folks been fightin since the dawn of time. If it were not under these circumstances, it would simply be another. Way before any of the "modern time" issues. They believe in the very old school. Conquer and control. There are NO rules. That simple.

smokeywolf
11-15-2015, 05:43 PM
The German politicians are trying to hush this up http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/15/us-france-shooting-asylum-idUSKCN0T40EB20151115#1Hvg08CbfdTCIKGG.97
as it reflects poorly on their moronic leadership.
I'm sure many of the folks that have been crying, "Oh, poor refugees" are not wanting to see it published that among the so-called refugees are yet more muslim mass murderers.

dtknowles
11-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Syrian refugees are running from ISIS.

Syrian and Afghan refugees (those who are truly refugees and not just migrants) are fleeing failed states that lack the rule of law. They are fleeing, Assad's attacks, Russian attacks, ISIS attacks, U.S. supported Rebel attacks, Hezbollah attacks and that does not cover all the warring factions.

In Afghanistan in the last 4 decades the only peace they had was during the oppressive Taliban rule that spawned Al Qaeda. With our support the Government will be able to continue to wage war with the Taliban for another 4 decades, there is no end in sight, who would want to stick around for another 40 years of war. That all said, I don't think that anyone has to provide them a place to go.

Tim

starmac
11-15-2015, 06:09 PM
I see where you are coming from on this Tim, but at the same time I can't imagine a scenario that I would not rather die, than flee my country. I do also realize I probably can't imagine the conditions which they have to live with in their country.
I also could never imagine, especially as a young man, fleeing and leaveing family behind, be it wives, sisters,mothers, whatever. I just have a hard time thinking all of these folks are fleeing, by the millions.

dtknowles
11-15-2015, 07:18 PM
I see where you are coming from on this Tim, but at the same time I can't imagine a scenario that I would not rather die, than flee my country. I do also realize I probably can't imagine the conditions which they have to live with in their country.
I also could never imagine, especially as a young man, fleeing and leaveing family behind, be it wives, sisters,mothers, whatever. I just have a hard time thinking all of these folks are fleeing, by the millions.

I as a young man of 18 years left my home and family and travelled 1600 miles to get an education and a job much better than I could get in my home state. I left the cold winters and lack of opportunity to make a better life for myself. I visited often and enjoyed my time back in Maine when I was there but if I was visiting in the winter I was glad to head back south when the time came. My sister also moved south. My Dad died before he could get my Mom to move to Maryland near my sister even though he had already bought a farm and vineyard there. All I was fleeing was the lack of good jobs. I think I traveled farther than most Syrian refugees, I even moved to California for a while, that was more than 3000 miles from my home. If my family was threatened by war I expect I would have stayed to fight but it would have depended on the circumstances, I might have just had them move with me. If Quebec invaded north central Maine I might have said just let them have it.

Tim

jcwit
11-15-2015, 07:28 PM
LOL, well now they can flee the attacks of France!

All young men of military age fleeing their own country.

Are they cowards or invaders.

Somehow the latter seems more appropriate.

starmac
11-15-2015, 11:02 PM
I am in Alaska, but born and raised in Texas, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't equate my moving across the country because of work, (have worked in several states) or because I just liked what Alaska has to offer to abandoning my country and family. For one thing, in emergency I can be back there in less than a day, and for some unknown reason all of my kids have followed and are in Alaska now too. lol

Harter66
11-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Islam has only been at war since 660 AD ,when Mohammed was laughed out of Mecca.
The Crusades were a defensive war at 1st diving the Turks and Morros back to where they came from.
Trouble is the poly ticks are scared to death to take a stand and be accused of going on a Crusade . So we have to wait until the doody tornado hits and stand our ground maybe work in a little Capone/Vigilante/7-11 action.

dtknowles
11-16-2015, 12:30 AM
I am in Alaska, but born and raised in Texas, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't equate my moving across the country because of work, (have worked in several states) or because I just liked what Alaska has to offer to abandoning my country and family. For one thing, in emergency I can be back there in less than a day, and for some unknown reason all of my kids have followed and are in Alaska now too. lol

I don't think so either, but is us moving from Texas to Alaska or Maine to Florida that much less than moving from Syria to Germany, Texas or Alaska would swallow up most of what is between Syria and Germany. It is all about which borders matter, country, state, or county. Europe has dismantled or Crippled some of those distinctions. What is a European Union, it is not a country but it thinks its a government. It is not a state. There was a Soviet Union, the United States must be a form of Union since we are United we must have formed a Union. I think the United States started this Union stuff, it is all our fault. In the Middle East they have no Unions they can't even get a whole country on the same page. They never got out of the Tribal phase or the local Chieftain or Sheik. "In Order to form a more perfect Union" such a "Blessed Union" Join together. ---the noise of the needle out of the groove and running wild. ------- Wake up we have gone truly overboard on the Union thing, enough with the joining together. Had enough of big government we need to go back toward tribes or at least states. One size fits all never did.

Tim

MaryB
11-16-2015, 01:20 AM
I am disabled and still wouldn't flee! I would stay and do what I could to support the fighters. Wouldn't rule out some long distance shooting either in a hit and get in a vehicle and disappear attack. This is my country, I have family all over MN and most know to come to my house with supplies of they need to get out of the big city. My family was here before the Sioux Uprising, they lost cattle and crops but fought back and persevered. As Americans that is ingrained into our systems, we do not run from a fight!

GabbyM
11-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Tim you just want to break it down to a point where you can get control of a group.
Just saying that because I have figured out you are one sick sob. Other than that I am totally for states rights. Don't fool yourself into thinking you will get to be a lord of a manor. You are not that good Tim. Except when you look into your mirror. Even then you need one behind you to see both faces.

starmac
11-16-2015, 03:25 AM
Not real sure where all that came from, or how it fits into the discussion, but think you might be bending some rules, with the name calling stuff.

GabbyM
11-16-2015, 03:48 AM
Not real sure where all that came from, or how it fits into the discussion, but think you might be bending some rules, with the name calling stuff.

Do you really need to know every thing?
If you do just click on our profiles then read about thirty post.