PDA

View Full Version : I am BLESSED...

shoot-n-lead
09-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Came in from work this afternoon and it was beautiful...as it had been all day. About 6PM, I walked outside and it was cooler than it has been in several months down here in south Ga. On the spur of the moment, I decided that I would go and get my pot and casting equipment and move it to the patio and cast the bullets that I have been needing to cast for a couple of weeks. So, I load the stuff in the back of the truck and pull around to the patio and set up. The pot got ready and I started casting, I cast for a little while and my wife stepped to the door and said that supper was ready. It was good timing as the pot was about empty. I loaded the pot up and went inside, ate supper and by the time I got back out, the pot was ready to go. I sat down and cast for about another hour and then loaded stuff in the truck, pulled around and put it away. A rough, final tally told me that I had cast 1200 bullets of the 358429, 429421 and NOE 180 WFN varieties. They are waiting to be powder coated tomorrow when I get off from work.

Now, there is nothing special about what I did. BUT...I sat there on that patio in the cool evening air and used 3 molds that worked absolutely flawlessly for about 2.5 hrs, I enjoyed it immensely and cast a pile of bullets that I will enjoy shooting. Upon turning the lights off outside about 10PM, I felt a lot of satisfaction with what I had done with my time since leaving work this afternoon. Now, I am not an expert caster, make no claim to be...but I find that my old bullets will shoot better than I am capable of shooting them...and I get the satisfaction of killing a deer or 2 every year with them...knowing that I made that bullet. At any rate, folks can argue that casting bullets is not worth their time...but it is certainly worth MY time.

At times like this, I am reminded how blessed I am. I have a great family that is healthy and doing well...meaning they are good people and good Americans. We are blessed to live in this great country...despite the idiots currently in charge...where we still have the freedom to pursue whatever our heart desires. I am blessed to have the freedom to cast bullets and shoot my guns. And, most of all, I am blessed to have a GOD that walks with me daily.

GSM
09-17-2015, 11:53 PM
"I sat there on that patio in the cool evening air and used 3 molds that worked absolutely flawlessly for about 2.5 hrs, I enjoyed it immensely and cast a pile of bullets that I will enjoy shooting"

That's the special part, fella.

1989toddm
09-18-2015, 12:06 AM
Good stuff. God is good to us ain't He?

jcwit
09-18-2015, 05:01 AM
And, most of all, I am blessed to have a GOD that walks with me daily.

That my friend is the very, very special part.
I would also say you are very successful as well. Happiness is success!

You are Blessed in the fact of knowing it!

Ole Joe Clarke
09-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Good stuff. God is good to us ain't He?
Yes He is, "I am blessed, every day that I live I am blessed."

Clay M
09-18-2015, 08:25 PM
I am also blessed..
I am in a good place in life right now..My wife is much better.
My daughter has some disabilities, but is able to work and hold down a job..

Life is good..

EMC45
09-19-2015, 11:47 AM
I too thank God for the drop in temperature. I went from central GA oven temps to East TN mtn temps that are borderline chilly. I love it! God is amazing and he surely directs our paths when we submit to Him, and His will.