PDA

View Full Version : Boy am I Rich Now

Johnch
09-17-2015, 11:10 PM
I just got 2 E mails saying I hit it big
One said I won 260 Million and the other 100 Million

At this rate I will be able to buy that new truck I have been looking at :mrgreen: :mrgreen: with just the intrest from 1 day

OH BTW I didn't open either E mail
I just sent them to the great Spam Trash Can

I figure I have enough problems , without buying into one of those scams

Have a good night
John

azrednek
09-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Hard to believe but while I was a mailman I had one patron literally go nuts believing his grand prize million dollar check was lost or stolen in the mail. USPS mgmt reported him to a state agency that handles elderly abuse.

PbHurler
09-18-2015, 06:15 AM
YOU SENT 360 MILLION TO THE SPAM BIN????

Who's 'gonna buy the beer now?

MBTcustom
09-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Hard to believe but while I was a mailman I had one patron literally go nuts believing his grand prize million dollar check was lost or stolen in the mail. USPS mgmt reported him to a state agency that handles elderly abuse.

Sad on so many levels.

azrednek
09-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Sad on so many levels.

On the bright side I got the registered letter for a grand prize winner of a cereal box contest. She and her two kids had moved a few days prior but fortunately filed a change of address order just a few days before the letter would have been returned. I had no idea what it was until it appeared on the news and in the paper.

DeputyDog25
09-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Can I borrow enough to buy a Coca-Cola and I will pay you back next Tuesday?

rockrat
09-18-2015, 02:43 PM
A fellow I know, his dad got caught in one of those scams, don't know how many 10's of thousands he has sent out hoping for the 'big one'. Went thru his savings and now just lives on his SS.

MrWolf
09-18-2015, 07:45 PM
We get ederly who have been taken in by those scams under the Adult Protective Services program all the time. Sad.

Beerd
09-18-2015, 10:50 PM
But, but, .......... it's from a Nigerian PRINCE!

TXGunNut
09-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Sad on so many levels.

I truly believe there's a special place in the hereafter for folks that prey on our seniors.

DeputyDog25
09-19-2015, 02:40 AM
Well if it is from a nigerian prince, can I borrow enough to buy a 6 pack of Coca-cola?

Johnch
09-19-2015, 09:22 AM
Shoot ....WHEN
I get the checks
I will buy you a case

But don't hold your breath ......as after you turn blue and pass out from the lack of air
I bet there is a 99.999999999999999999999999999% chance I will never see a real check

LOL If it is a Prince ....his local people can have the cash first

John

RogerDat
09-19-2015, 10:20 AM
We had a municipal employee who after burning through their own savings and then retirement account ended up embezzling municipal funds trying to complete the deal that would get the big payoff. Oddly the people that most often send funds are those that are in a position to gamble a bit. They are "pretty sure" it is a scam but are willing to spend some money to find out if there really is a big payoff.

There are some websites devoted to stringing the scammers along. Telling them they sent the money for the "documents" and "fees" to Western Union when the scammer emails back saying money was not there they "notice" they put the wrong name or sent the wrong claim number to get the scammers to go back to Western Union office. Goal is to see how much they can get the scammer to run around after the money that isn't there. Police frown on this activity warning that these are fairly dangerous criminal gangs that may retaliate. But some of the email threads between scammer and intended victim are pretty funny.

I think these scammers broadcast the scam emails and it just happens that the elderly are more likely to respond and be the unwitting victim. The elderly are also more likely to have some significant savings available to be stolen since they live off of those savings. My retirement money is in 401k not deposited in a back account as CD's where I can just go and get it.

tommag
09-21-2015, 01:37 AM
I didn't win a lottery, but was contacted by someone who did. The gentleman wanted to give me 2,000,000 euros in his effort to alleviate world poverty. Danged nice of him!