PDA

View Full Version : Italian Version of the Magma bullet master

schraubermani
09-17-2015, 04:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUBZBHz7wHg

Hello,

i am from Germany, i am running a cast boolit business and thinking about buying a Mark8 from Magma.
Now i found this Video at YouTube.............please tell me your opinion about this machine
compared to the Magma Mark8
I don't have any experiences with None of These machines.
The Price is about the same........they Price it at 10500 Euro.

Thanks a lot!

Tatume
09-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Very cool!

HATCH
09-17-2015, 08:20 AM
the only concern I would have is being able to get spare parts should you have a failure.
Magma has been around a long time.
The Italian company looks like they use Magma molds and sprue plates so that would be easy.
most of the parts look like off the shelf parts. I would have to see the control panel to see if the parts are available.

dudel
09-17-2015, 10:26 AM
the only concern I would have is being able to get spare parts should you have a failure.
Magma has been around a long time.
The Italian company looks like they use Magma molds and sprue plates so that would be easy.
most of the parts look like off the shelf parts. I would have to see the control panel to see if the parts are available.

OP is in Germany, so parts may be less of an issue on the continent. But yes, spares would be my first concern.

Sure needs a lot of molds! I wonder if you can run it with missing mould blocks by setting the advance. For example if you can put 6 blocks, run with three and set the advance to double; or with two and have the advance triple step or with one mould with the advance doing a full rotation. Might be useful for smaller runs of specialty Boolits.

schraubermani
09-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks for your helpful replies until now.
I think spare parts etc. should be no Problem.
And i was lucky a few years ago and bought about 100 2-cav. molds from ballisticast....Magma......

Best regards

Blammer
09-17-2015, 10:17 PM
neat!